Old August 12th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Mexico says "Hang on a minute" to IBOC

"dxAce" wrote in message

David 'Eduardo' Frackelton Gleason, "Hey, I checked that box on the Census
Form,
I must be Hispanic", wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

In a letter to Chairman Martin filed in the IBOC docket, the Mexican
Federal Telecommunications Commission, which regulates communications
in
Mexico,

In case this is any indication of the accuracy of the report, you should
know that the SCT, Secretariat of Communications and Transportation
regulates communications and many infrastructure issues in Mexico.

Doesn't matter! Whoever is in charge knows that HD/IBOC is crap.

The fact that the information is attributed to the entity that does not
(exist) and issue licenses makes the whole thing suspect; Mexico is
authorizing HD broadcasting and XHTY put it on the air two weeks ago.

Old August 12th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message

"in Mexico" those are the key words
If they don't care what transnational effects result from their policies
as long as the money flows, why should we care any more about the
reverse?
When Mexico darkens that international jamming station XLNC and allows
KPFK to disseminate an alternative to right wing corporate controlled
propaganda, then and only then will I regain any concern for Mexico.

KPFK is protected only to the extent of a conforming class B radio station.
Grandfathered "over power" or "over height" operations are not protected to
the extent of the actual contours, but to the extent of the contours of a
conforming station of the same class.

KPFK has no right to any coverage in the San Diego metro, and XHLNC is a
legally licensed station in conformance with the treaty matters concerning
border area broadcasting.

As an example, another grandfathered "Super B's" is KLVE 107.5 in LA, 29,000
watts on Mt. Wilson... it was a top 10 station in Santa Barbara's ratings.
But because all the coverage in that area was beyond that of a conforming
Class B, the FCC licensed a new station on the adjacent channel, 107.7, and
KLVE became unlistenable in Santa Barbara. This is because KLVE had no legal
right to that extended coverage.

Old August 12th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

a total dumbass wrote:

I must be Hispanic", wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

In a letter to Chairman Martin filed in the IBOC docket, the Mexican
Federal Telecommunications Commission, which regulates communications
in
Mexico,

In case this is any indication of the accuracy of the report, you
should
know that the SCT, Secretariat of Communications and Transportation
regulates communications and many infrastructure issues in Mexico.

Doesn't matter! Whoever is in charge knows that HD/IBOC is crap.

I've decided to coin a new term describing a "belief in failed
technology"... I'm
calling it "Frackeltonian Thinking" in honour of 'Eduardo', head Univision
shill for
HD/IBOC.

The fact is that more an more stations are adding HD, and it has actually
been authorized for use in Mexico, where multiple stations are on the air.

I'm not surprised that Mexico is exhibiting all the characteristics of
"Frackeltonian Thinking".

Old August 12th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Come on doggy lets get off of this 7 by 14 concrete front porch, and get
back on your couch where it's hairconditioned.Les Stroud
(Survivorduddte) was on tv.If he was a girl, I might learn her a thangy
or tree)
cuhulin

Old August 12th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Canadian Chicken **** COWARDS!!!!!!!
cuhulin, in MISSISSIPPI
www.devilfinder.com Mississippi Song

Crank your puter bolume up!

Old August 13th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

In a letter to Chairman Martin filed in the IBOC docket, the
Mexican Federal Telecommunications Commission, which regulates
communications in Mexico,

In case this is any indication of the accuracy of the report, you
should know that the SCT, Secretariat of Communications and
Transportation regulates communications and many infrastructure
issues in Mexico.

Doesn't matter! Whoever is in charge knows that HD/IBOC is crap.

I've decided to coin a new term describing a "belief in failed
technology"... I'm calling it "Frackeltonian Thinking" in honour of
'Eduardo', head Univision shill for HD/IBOC.

You are being to kind. He is way beyond that. Eduardo spouts pure BS.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 13th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

a total dumbass wrote:

I must be Hispanic", wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

[...]

Troll thinking.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 14th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 11, 8:49 pm, Bart Bailey wrote:
but Mexico allows
international jamming station XLNC to operate from their territory.
so I say **** Mexico and may they suffer any interference.

I don't understand how XHLNC/Tijuana is a "jammer"? The station is
licenced to serve the Tijuana/San Diego metro. Whether or not it
blocks reception of an out of town station (KPFK/Los Angeles) is
irrelevant. KPFK's service area is Los Angeles, NOT San Diego.

Besides, I'm sure XHLNC itself is not thrilled at having their
coverage area cut back by an out of area station on the same freq.
They're supposedly shifting to 104.9 FM later this year and boosting
power, which will be a good thing as far as I'm concerned, since
XLNC-1 (the station's on-air name) is one of my favorite FM stations
out that way.

Stephanie Weil
New York City, USA

Old August 14th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 12, 2:14 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
[IBOC] has actually
been authorized for use in Mexico, where multiple stations are on the air.

That's what I was wondering. But then again, can you imagine the mess
that would happen should a super-powered station like XERF/Ciudad
Acuña or XETRA/Rosarito were running IBOC? Yikes!

Stephanie Weil
New York City, USA

Old August 14th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Stephanie Weil wrote:

irrelevant. KPFK's service area is Los Angeles, NOT San Diego.

Let's see XHLNC jam this:

http://www.kpfk.org/index.php?option...60&Item id=82

JS