Old August 20th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Hurricane Watch Net

dxAce wrote:

6Y5EE in Kingston, Jamaica, reported wind speeds up to 50 MPH around 1920. In a
subsequent report around 2037 6Y5EE reported wind speeds of 85 MPH, with trees
and shrubs being shredded.

It's going to be a rough night in Jamaica.

wunderground.com showing a wind speed in Kingston of 173 MPH at 7 PM EST.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 20th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 19, 6:49 pm, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
6Y5EE in Kingston, Jamaica, reported wind speeds up to 50 MPH around 1920. In a
subsequent report around 2037 6Y5EE reported wind speeds of 85 MPH, with trees
and shrubs being shredded.

It's going to be a rough night in Jamaica.

wunderground.com showing a wind speed in Kingston of 173 MPH at 7 PM EST.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Jamaicans are refusing to leave their homes for evacuation centers
despite the government's begging. Looting is the excuse, but when the
ENTIRE ISLAND has been thrashed, who gives a **** about looting? It's
like in New Orleans after Katrina-people didn't want to abandon their
personal possessions, only to find themselves stuck in a nightmare
with no way out. They lost their stuff anyway, and a few lost their
lives.

Old August 20th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com What speed were the Hurricane Katrina winds in
Jackson Mississippi?

I live anout 140 miles North of the Mississippi Gulf Coast.Doggy and I
were stayed in my kitchen all day long, ready to dive under my kitchen
table.I looked out my front living room window and that seventy foot
tall pecan tree in my front yard was dancing a jig at ground
level.Hurricane Katrina ripped ten shingles off the top of my house.I
was scared half to death.Hurricane Camille (in 1969) didn't do any (or
hardly any) damage in Jackson.That pecan tree in my front yard and
another pecan tree just like it in my back yard, I had them cut down in
June of last year, because they were leaning toward my house and were
too much of a threat.devilfinder.com Hurricane Camille
cuhulin

Hurricane Watch Net dxAce Shortwave 26 September 6th 05 10:02 PM
Hurricane Watch Net dxAce Shortwave 6 July 8th 05 07:22 AM
Hurricane Watch Net dxAce Shortwave 1 September 26th 04 01:27 PM
Hurricane Watch Net dxAce Shortwave 0 September 25th 04 01:58 PM
Hurricane Watch Net dxAce Shortwave 4 September 12th 04 06:05 PM