Old August 21st 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Opinions about the new CC Radio-SW?

On Aug 21, 1:27 pm, dead of night wrote:
One other note: On the front of the CCradio SW it is written: "Twin
Coil Ferrite AN antenna" Do you really think C Crane, with its fine
reptation, would perpetrate a fraud like this?

I can't tell you if a fraud ocurred or not. I know Crane has been
around for a long time and has quite a following and that the external
version of the Crane Twin Antenna got good comments on Radiointel. I
can tell you that reveiwers on the Yahoo Redsun group have concluded
that the Redsun 2100 and CC-SW are for all practical purposes the same
radio. Additionally there is on that forum an extensive discussion
about just what a twin coil antenna really is and is not. The
consensus on that forum seems to be that the presence of two coils on
a ferrite antenna can be done for more than one reason and is fairly
common. You would likely find the discussions very interesting.

When the Crane website talks about how the CC-SW has a Twin Coil
Ferrite antenna and links directly to the Crane Twin Coil antennna
with all of it's controls I expect that those controls will also
appear on the radio to tune that antenna. When they are not on the
radio I start to worry.

I'm going to hold on to my money and wait for the vaporware Redsun
3000 or 3100 radios to emerge from the ether and make a choice.

Old August 21st 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Roadie wrote:
[...]

3000 or 3100 radios to emerge from the ether and make a choice.- Hide quoted text -

It's a Redsun group.

Old August 22nd 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Roadie wrote:
[...]

DoN / For One and All,