Old August 26th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Long Range AM-FM Automobile Antenna

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 03:03:14 GMT, "J&D Schnoor"
wrote:

Hopefully this isn't deemed too far off topic for this newsgroup. I am
looking to improve the AM-FM broadcast reception on my 1995 Chevrolet
Silverado pick-up. I have done some searching here for similar posts and
the ones that I have found refer to both Crutchfield and C Crane. I am
familiar with both companies, but I can't see any long range automobile
AM-FM antennas listed. Does anyone here have much experience with this?
Can I expect to vastly improve my AM-FM range with a better antenna or are
they all going to be pretty much alike?

Is there a trimmer control for the AM?
Old August 26th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:
Hopefully this isn't deemed too far off topic for this newsgroup. I am
looking to improve the AM-FM broadcast reception on my 1995 Chevrolet
Silverado pick-up. I have done some searching here for similar posts and
the ones that I have found refer to both Crutchfield and C Crane. I am
familiar with both companies, but I can't see any long range automobile
AM-FM antennas listed. Does anyone here have much experience with this?
Can I expect to vastly improve my AM-FM range with a better antenna or are
they all going to be pretty much alike?

Is there a trimmer control for the AM?

Good Point David - Check the back of the Radio
for an Antenna Trimmer and see if you can get
a better 'matched' between the Radio and Antenna.

TIP - Usually with an Antenna Trimmer a Small
Plastic Bladed "Tuning" Screw Driver is used
to make the process easier. Less back and
forth tweaking.