Old August 26th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Dreaming of a 'future' RL Drake R9 Receiver . . .

On Aug 26, 1:11 pm, Steve wrote:
I just came across this rundown of Drake-related people and activities
at the Dayton 2007 Hamvention. Definitely some interesting stuff here,
especially the presentation delivered by Bob Sherwood comparing older
receivers to some of the newer, DSP rigs being manufactured now.

Here's the link:

http://www89405.temp.w1.com/DRAKE/Dr...Dayton2007-Men...

- Sure hope we see a Drake R9 one of these days...
-
- Steve

Steve,

We Can All Happily Dream of a RL Drake R9 Receiver in Our
Future ! )

I think RL Drake's Big Dilemma for any 'future' Shortwave Receivers
is Reasonable Cost and High Quality and Place of Manufacture.
* Made-in-the-USA ?
* Designed in the USA -but- Made in China or India ?
Drake has always made High Quality and Excellent Performance
Shortwave Receivers that were affordable and had a good volume
of Sales within the limited Shortwave Radio consumer market.

Until them I have to plan on picking-up a 'used' {but tenderly cared
for}
RL Drake R8B in the next year. Buy-It and Send-it to RL Drake for
a complete going over and Tune-Up Alignment.

a man's got-to have his dreams and plans for the future ~ RHF