Old August 29th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT, VoIP

I need to get away from Vonage

Any of you all using VoIP that I can bring my own device (BYOD)

Join online.

Burr

Old August 29th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Burr wrote:

I need to get away from Vonage

Any of you all using VoIP that I can bring my own device (BYOD)

You have the option of running any number of SIP softphones on
Windows, and *nix and can use the free VoIP services of iptel.org
and even some free PSTN gateways that are out there.

You can also be your own service provider; I run Sip Express Router
on OpenBSD and for the PBX side of it, Asterisk on Linux (although
I would prefer BSD if FXS telephony hardware was supported).

Regards,

Michael
Old August 29th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 29, 10:17 am, "Burr" wrote:
I need to get away from Vonage

Any of you all using VoIP that I can bring my own device (BYOD)

Join online.

Burr

I had major Vonage problems;

- so I emailed them constantly, ****ed & moaned & called their service
shoddy and their support unacceptable
and
said it was a company , designed solely to make a few top people
Obscenely Rich
and
said I WOULD NOT recommend their FUKCING GDDOAMM service to ANYONE !
and
EVENTUALLY

they started answering my calls after 1 - 2 rings..

and they shipped me a new router ( rebuilt)

and ( so far) it works.. OK . . .

Cheap; and at a price..

Old August 29th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

msg wrote:

Burr wrote:

I need to get away from Vonage

Any of you all using VoIP that I can bring my own device (BYOD)

You have the option of running any number of SIP softphones on
Windows, and *nix

I should also have mentioned IP telephones and SIP ATAs (analog
phone adapters, e.g. Grandstream) -- many low cost examples are
for sale on eBay. I recommend IP phones made by Teliann.

Regards,

Michael
Old August 29th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 29, 12:28 pm, msg wrote:
msg wrote:
Burr wrote:

I need to get away from Vonage

Any of you all using VoIP that I can bring my own device (BYOD)

- check this link . . .

http://www.voipconsumer.org/reviews/...FQQfgAodpRKzSw

Old August 29th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 29, 9:28 am, " wrote:
On Aug 29, 10:17 am, "Burr" wrote:

I need to get away from Vonage

Any of you all using VoIP that I can bring my own device (BYOD)

Join online.

Burr

I had major Vonage problems;

- so I emailed them constantly, ****ed & moaned & called their service
shoddy and their support unacceptable
and
said it was a company , designed solely to make a few top people
Obscenely Rich
and
said I WOULD NOT recommend their FUKCING GDDOAMM service to ANYONE !
and
EVENTUALLY

they started answering my calls after 1 - 2 rings..

and they shipped me a new router ( rebuilt)

and ( so far) it works.. OK . . .

Cheap; and at a price..

The Squeaky Wheel . . . ;-}
Old August 30th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF"

The Squeaky Wheel . . . ;-}
.

OK, I have about 15 email accounts.

I am going to start sending 12 emails every hour or so that I am close to my
office.

I will run their Maintenance Index out of site until they fix my stuff and
send me a new router to my USA address.

Cut and paste, I'm going to run their butt raged.

Burr

Old August 30th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A waste of time, (VOiP) a waste of money.Back to Big Joe Polka Show on
Radio tb.
cuhulin
.................................................. ........
In Heaven there is no beeeeeerrr,,,, thats why we drink it
heeeeeerrreeee,,,,,,
.................................................. .........

Old August 30th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 29, 7:20 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"RHF"

The Squeaky Wheel . . . ;-}
.

OK, I have about 15 email accounts.

I am going to start sending 12 emails every hour or so that I am close to my
office.

I will run their Maintenance Index out of site until they fix my stuff and
send me a new router to my USA address.

Cut and paste, I'm going to run their butt raged.

Burr

Regrettably, Their response is Mostly cut & paste stuff;

They are too overworked ( or unskilled ) to do much more than read off
a list.

If you hound them enough Eventually you get to Second Level support

The Cisco routers they use are kind of a shaky deal; with the Phone
ports easily ruined by static electricity;

suggest a good rugged phone line surge protector ( if there IS such a
device)

Finally, Ross Archer works for Cisco & may have some hints on bullet
proofing these small fragile routers.

Old August 30th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 29, 7:20 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"RHF"

The Squeaky Wheel . . . ;-}
.

[...]

I have been sending emails all day/night from all my accounts. I just sent
the FCC a note and a copy of my letter to Vonage with ticket numbers.

I don't want to get where I have two companies taking money out of the bank.

I'll move to a new company ASAP when this is over.

Burr