Old September 24th 07, 11:29 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.marketplace,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave

Default FA: Realistic DX-150A - Collector quality

Sorry for the blatant shilling, but it's possible someone here may be
interested in this. Yes, it's mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=009

Jeff

Old September 24th 07, 02:32 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.marketplace,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 24, 8:29 am, David wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 06:29:32 -0400, "Unrevealed Source"

wrote:
Sorry for the blatant shilling, but it's possible someone here may be
interested in this. Yes, it's mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=190155553202&...

Jeff

Isn't there a matching speaker?

Don't be picky, please...rip something off a dead Drake.

Old September 24th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.marketplace,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave

"Steven" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Sorry for the blatant shilling, but it's possible someone here may be
interested in this. Yes, it's mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=190155553202&...

Jeff

Isn't there a matching speaker?

Don't be picky, please...rip something off a dead Drake.

How you gonna use part of a deceased duck for a speaker????

Old September 24th 07, 02:46 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.marketplace,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 24, 6:29 am, "Unrevealed Source"
wrote:
Sorry for the blatant shilling, but it's possible someone here may be
interested in this. Yes, it's mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=190155553202&...

Jeff

They are a fun to use radio if you enjoy bandspread tuning. There are
more similarities than differences between the 150, 150A, 150B and
160. However, in reference to the auction comments I would say the
150b had a slight edge because of the relatively improved selectivity
from a mechanical filter and the 160 because of extended coverage.

Best of luck with the auction.

Old September 24th 07, 02:49 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.marketplace,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 24, 7:42 am, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
"Steven" wrote in message

oups.com...

wrote:
Sorry for the blatant shilling, but it's possible someone here may be
interested in this. Yes, it's mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=190155553202&...

Jeff

Isn't there a matching speaker?

Don't be picky, please...rip something off a dead Drake.

How you gonna use part of a deceased duck for a speaker????

It's easier to spell than "Hammarlund"

Old September 25th 07, 12:04 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.marketplace,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 24, 2:23 pm, Clara Peller wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
Isn't there a matching speaker?
Don't be picky, please...rip something off a dead Drake.

How you gonna use part of a deceased duck for a speaker????

He obviously took it to heart when I said "Parts is parts".

How could I if I thought you died years ago...there's REALLY nobody
back there now!

Old September 25th 07, 12:05 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.marketplace,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
Isn't there a matching speaker?
Don't be picky, please...rip something off a dead Drake.

How you gonna use part of a deceased duck for a speaker????

He obviously took it to heart when I said "Parts is parts".

I think you died years ago so there's really nobody back there.

Old September 25th 07, 04:13 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.marketplace,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave

They are a fun to use radio if you enjoy bandspread tuning. There are
more similarities than differences between the 150, 150A, 150B and
160. However, in reference to the auction comments I would say the
150b had a slight edge because of the relatively improved selectivity
from a mechanical filter and the 160 because of extended coverage.

If I had a choice, I'd pick the any of the 150-series units over the
160. The sound quality of the 160s are just awful-The filter is just too
aggressive, with no way to switch it out for casual listening.

-Scott
Old September 25th 07, 06:07 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.marketplace,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave

Scott W. Harvey wrote:

They are a fun to use radio if you enjoy bandspread tuning. There are
more similarities than differences between the 150, 150A, 150B and
160. However, in reference to the auction comments I would say the
150b had a slight edge because of the relatively improved selectivity
from a mechanical filter and the 160 because of extended coverage.

If I had a choice, I'd pick the any of the 150-series units over the
160. The sound quality of the 160s are just awful-The filter is just too
aggressive, with no way to switch it out for casual listening.

-Scott

There are two caps on the 160 you can replace that will widen up the
audio nicely, without widening the IF bandwidth.

Makes all the difference.