Old October 7th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HD radio won't just go away.

On Sep 25, 6:04 am, Rfburns wrote:
Despite the fact that both the AM and FM versions of HD radio are a
good example of out-of -control technology that nobody really wants,
the FCC has mandated that all broadcasting will be digital.
Therefore, I see no turning back regardless of what the consumer does
or doesn't want or understand. The only way out of this that I see is
that some entity with deep pockets poses a legal challenge to the FCC
mandate.

This really isn't a consumer issue but rather a big business/
government deal and will take legal action to reverse and I'm not sure
it can be. Consumers don't count, surveys don't count and the number
of radios sold doesn't mean anything. This is the sad truth.

Since the FCC violated its own rules on radio interference and since
it's in bed with iBiquity and no other systems were even considered it
will be a very difficult challenge. Remember all this when it comes
time to vote and consider that we are no longer represented by our
elected officials but, rather, we are being controlled by them.

The FCC's decision of letting the market decide was just their way of
begining a full scale deployment. It's an incremental deployment. The
next step will be increasing the power levels for the transmitted
digital component and ibiquity is lobbying heavily for that now.
Watch and see.

A REMINDER TO ALL -WRT- "HD" RADIO

There Is a "HD Radio" NewsGroup
HD RADIO = http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
viability in the market place, HD Radios & Receivers and
Technology, Programming, Reception, and in general
anything concerning HD Radio that shouldn't be clogging
up other NewsGroups, like Rec.Radio.Shortwave.

For anyone who is looking for an "HD" Radio Group that
is Moderated -or- Simply NOT Rec.Radio.Shortwave

Here is a List of Yahoo Groups that have something
to do with "HD" Radio News and Information.
* HDRadio
* HD-Radio
* HD-Radio-Engineering
* Accurian HD Radio {RadioShack}
* High Defination Radio

Plus here is a List of Yahoo Groups that have something
to do with "IBOC" {HD Radio} News and Information.
* HD-Radio-Engineering
* Sangean HDT1 "HD" Radio Tuner
* NO2IBOC = Just Say "NO" To IBOC !
* DRM IBOC HDRadio = DRM and HD Radio Forum
* AMStereoOnly = AM Stereo Only ! - Where Digital Is Dead !

FWIW - Here is another HD Radio Forum {NewsGroup}
AVS Forum Digital Video & Audio Devices HD Radio
HD RADIO = http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=154
Some Good Info Here and It is Free for the Reading )

And Once Again The Aforementioned "HDRadio" NewsGroup
HDRADIO=http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/

hy dee ray dee oh ~ RHF