Old October 1st 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HD radio won't just go away.

On Sep 30, 9:53 am, SFTV_troy wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Sep 29, 3:31 pm, SFTV_troy wrote:
wrote:
SFTV_troy wrote:

With digital the FM band would effectively triple or even quadruple
the number of channels on the dial. (Alternatively Classical FM
stations could boost the sound from 2 channel stereo to 5.1
surround.)

Do you understand the consequences of what
you propose? Apparently you do not.

- No, because I can not read your mind.
- Please explain the consequences.

- - That's An Evasive Answer - Please Answer The Question.

- Ahhh, you're taking the "arrogant position"
- where you presume, "Troy is a ****ing idiot"

WHAT ME ARROGANT ?

Actually I 'Presume' You Are Very Intelligent
-or- At least I Did . . .

- and "I'm smarter than Troy", therefore "I'll talk
- down to him like he's a worthless worm."

"That's An Evasive Answer - Please Answer The Question."

Is a Straight In-Your-Face Statement
{ One-to-One / Eyeball-to-Eyeball }

- How rude and unfriendly.

It is Rude and Unfriendly to Ask you to actually
Listen to the AM/MW Radio Band and the very
Negative Effect that IBOC has had on It : Prior
to posting your High Praises of "HD" Radio.

- - Turn in an Analog AM/MW Radio and tune every 10 kHz
- - from 530 kHz to 1710 kHz and Listen to what you hear
- - on each and every 10 kHz Radio Station Channel :
- - That Buzz Noise Hash that was not

- Yes I am aware of that problem.

Your 'awareness' has clearly not resulted in "Understanding".

- (Although I'm still able to hear
- Radio Disney just fine on the AM.)

One Radio Station out of "How Many"
prior to IBOC ? ? ?

- The solution is simple for someone like yourself
- who has an internet connection:

- call letters.com - listen online.

Listening 'On-Line' is not Free Over-the-Air Radio [.]

~ RHF

Old October 1st 07, 11:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
On Sep 29, 3:31 pm, SFTV_troy wrote:

Do you understand the consequences of what
you propose? Apparently you do not.

- No, because I can not read your mind.
- Please explain the consequences.

- - That's An Evasive Answer - Please Answer The Question.

- Ahhh, you're taking the "arrogant position"
- where you presume, "Troy is a ****ing idiot"
- and "I'm smarter than Troy", therefore "I'll talk
- down to him like he's a worthless worm."

"That's An Evasive Answer - Please Answer The Question."
Is a Straight In-Your-Face Statement
{ One-to-One / Eyeball-to-Eyeball }

I don't want you "in my face". You're invading my personal space.
Step back, and calm down, and talk like a CNN reporter, not a guy at
the football arena (stop capitalizing everything; stop yelling).

- How rude and unfriendly.

It is Rude and Unfriendly to Ask you to actually
Listen to the AM/MW Radio Band and the very
Negative Effect that IBOC has had on It :

I've heard it. I don't care, because it doesn't affect the local
stations I am listening to. I don't care, because when I want to do
distant listening, I am not stuck back in World War 2. I am in the
21st century and use the internet.

Listening 'On-Line' is not Free Over-the-Air Radio

Yes it is. Just as watching NBC or FOX on your cable is still free
over-the-air television. They are still sending out their waves to
their local markets.