Old September 26th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default why?

David Eduardo wrote:

"Billy Smith" wrote in message

. Well put. I wonder if a whole truckload of Preparation H would help him.

No, but in the days of spring loaded rocker relays in broadcast
transmitters, a tube of Prep H from an all-night drug store would be an
adequate temporary substitute for lubricant!

You know all about lubricants, don't you, Edweenie?

Old September 26th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 26, 10:58 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

ups.com...
.

You should, then, ask yourself why most radio broadcasting folks who
have
come in contact with DXers believe that the DXers are the odd ones; it
was
not so a decade or two ago, and even further back, the DXer was
perceived
as
a friend of radio. No longer so.- Hide quoted text -

If they think we're odd, that's fine. I'm sure the broadcasters are
also a little quirky at times, no?

It's a quirky business, where one lives quarter to quarter based on radio
ratings in the larger markets and where a certain degree of controlled
insanity makes for good programming and fun for listeners. It's not an
insurance company, in other words.

There, you see. In any event, you were about to say something about
when/where you went to college, and whether this was a happy time of
life for you.

I'm not sure it matters much, but I dropped out of high school to build my
first radio station.

And you've been a total asshole ever since!

Old September 26th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 26, 11:59 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 26, 11:11 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

So far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter at all. But I wonder if this
at least partially explains the enormous chip on your shoulder and
your persistent need to somehow 'prove yourself''.

Why would building a #1 station in a market with 40 signals at age 18
require proving myself... again?

It's your behavior, so you tell me.

Perhaps you worked with people who didn't have sufficient appreciation
of what you'd accomplished. Maybe they tried to use your lack of
formal education against you in some petty, political way. Who knows?

I sure don't.

This isolated piece of your personal history could have been subtly
relevant on many occasions, the cumulative effect being the chip you
now have on your shoulder.

That "chip" is a love of broadcasting, something DXers, in some significant
proportion, seem to have lost.

Old September 26th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 26, 11:11 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

So far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter at all. But I wonder if this
at least partially explains the enormous chip on your shoulder and
your persistent need to somehow 'prove yourself''.

Why would building a #1 station in a market with 40 signals at age 18
require proving myself... again? And actually, I went back to school nearly
a decade later and did quite nicely, while at the same time programming a
group of radio stations.

The problem is that you just supposedly receieved a GED, which a poor-
man's high-school diploma.

Old September 26th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 26, 12:16 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 26, 11:59 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

But you're constantly remarking that DXers are a very small group. It
doesn't make sense that you'd be so obsessed with them if you truly
regarded them as insignificant. It's funny actually. Earlier in this
thread you said that "[t]o feel good, a few here need to discredit me
to justify their hatred of broadcasters", but no one here has sought
you out. You come to this group of your own volition, and a look at
your profile reveals that you post more here than anywhere else by a
wide margin. An interesting fact given that there are plenty of
broadcasting-related groups out there. Sorry, but your behavior is not
at all motivated by a "love of broadcasting". Nor does a love of
broadcasting rationalize your bizarre, self-aggrandizing website,
where readers find everything from your family history to the
"certificate of accomplishment" you received from some summer program
you participated in at Michigan State. People simply don't go to these
lengths unless they're grappling with feelings of shame and
inferiority. It's a pity you're unwilling to discuss them openly and
honestly.

Old September 26th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 26, 12:31 pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
On Sep 26, 11:59 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 26, 11:11 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

So far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter at all. But I wonder if this
at least partially explains the enormous chip on your shoulder and
your persistent need to somehow 'prove yourself''.

Why would building a #1 station in a market with 40 signals at age 18
require proving myself... again? And actually, I went back to school nearly
a decade later and did quite nicely, while at the same time programming a
group of radio stations.

The problem is that you just supposedly receieved a GED, which a poor-
man's high-school diploma.

Eduardo, you are worthless on paper with just a GED. My company, a
large Defense contractor, would just throw your resume in the trash.

Old September 26th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 26, 9:16 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 26, 11:59 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

d'Eduardo -alas- Your Are A Broadcaster :
Who Loves Radio Broadcasting.

-and- We Are Everyday Radio Listeners :
Who Love Listening To The Radio.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO [.]

and that is something to think about ~ RHF
Old September 26th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message

[...]

How dare you.

The loss of love of Broadcasting by DXers is something that is,
itself, a very late development. Most DXers didn't lose the love of
broadcasting, until they were openly discounted, disrepected, and held
in open contempt by broadcasters.

Something broadcasters, themselves, have been doing for far more than
the handful of years that DXers have been responding with disdain to.

Broadcasters have been spitting in the face of DXers for at least 30
years that I can recall. Sometimes, one on one. Sometimes, as Mark
Byford did at BBCWS, in mass media presentations, and in direct messages
on his own radio stations.

Imagine the gall of a shortwave broadcaster telling his listeners, en
masse, that his programming was intended for 'decision makers and
opinion formers' and would be made preferentially available to them,
while eliminating service to hundreds of millions of listeners at a
stroke, because they simply weren't elite enough.

We're not talking about local radio, here. We're talking about a
shortwave broadcaster. DX by design. With more than 120 million
listeners worldwide. Told in no uncertain terms that they were of no
importance, and not worth being served.

You think that may have something to do with loss of passion for
broadcasting? It sure turned my radio dial in a hurry.

I've worked at radio stations where the engineers were not permitted
to respond to listener reception reports because, and this is a quote by
the GM, "They're not worth the postage." This was in 1977.

He's by far not exclusive in my work experience.

Something you've demonstrated for some months here, yourself.

You think that may have something to do with DXer disdain?

DXers have been enthusiasts for broadcasting until only a few years
ago. They've stood by those who echo your sentiments for more than 20
years while being openly and personally dissed by Broadcasting.

How dare you display the temerity to imply that the problem is with
DXers. Look within your own ranks. Why the hell would ANYONE remain
loyal to an industry which speaks of them the way Broadcasting speaks of
Dx...the way YOU speak of DX.

Fans don't leave without cause, David. Enthusiasm doesn't die. It's
murdered.

The first slap in the face came from broadcaster themselves. Look in
your own house before you dare point a finger at your listeners.

And Broadcasting has been holding that smoking gun for decades. YOU
have pulled the trigger here, more times than I can count...in this
thread alone.

How dare you.

You arrogant son of a bitch.
Old September 26th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 03:01:38 -0400, dxAce

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 04:18:57 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Tardo, on that rather sad exercise in narcissism that you call
your "website",

Obviously, you have no achievements you ar eproud of. I do.

... because the site is, in part, a biography. And the course is one of the
things I did.

I wish I understood this obession people have with your life

Not an obsession at all, it's just that most folks in the radio hobby come to
understand that 'Eduardo' is an asshole!

I suppose from reading your posts that anyone that does n' t become a
nonfpolk in your eyes

"one useless man is disgrace 2 become a law firm 3 or more become a congress"
adams

woger you are a Congress all in your own head

http://kb9rqz.bravejournal.com/

and get ou the newly recovered KB9RQZ.blogspot.com as well

Old September 26th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:58:48 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
.
You should, then, ask yourself why most radio broadcasting folks who have
come in contact with DXers believe that the DXers are the odd ones; it
was
not so a decade or two ago, and even further back, the DXer was perceived
as
a friend of radio. No longer so.- Hide quoted text -

If they think we're odd, that's fine. I'm sure the broadcasters are
also a little quirky at times, no?

It's a quirky business, where one lives quarter to quarter based on radio
ratings in the larger markets and where a certain degree of controlled
insanity makes for good programming and fun for listeners. It's not an
insurance company, in other words.

a cousin in radio told me there are 2 kinds of radio jobs ones that
have gone bad and ones that are going to sooner of later