Old September 26th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default why?

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Frackelton Gleason, still having the audacity to pose as 'Eduardo',
wrote:

"IBOCcrock" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 26, 11:59 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 26, 11:11 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

So far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter at all. But I wonder if
this
at least partially explains the enormous chip on your shoulder and
your persistent need to somehow 'prove yourself''.

Why would building a #1 station in a market with 40 signals at age 18
require proving myself... again? And actually, I went back to school
nearly
a decade later and did quite nicely, while at the same time
programming a
group of radio stations.

The problem is that you just supposedly receieved a GED, which a poor-
man's high-school diploma.

And was a 4.0 GPA student at a fairly decent university.

Which one? Much like Michael Bryant, you're not to be trusted, and we'd
like to
check.

ASU, school of business.

What years, and just what is 'ASU'?

Old September 26th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

On Sep 26, 3:12 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

s.com...

On Sep 26, 3:02 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

roups.com...

On Sep 26, 2:39 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

And you graduated? With what...a degree in journalism?

No, I did not. When I went back to school, I wanted to study what I
thought
useful and relevant, not a proscribed specialization or major with course
requirements. I took everything from sociology and cultural anthropology
statistics, math and literature. I only took one broadcast course, in
fact.
I quit the university when a headhunter convinced me that running a radio
group was going to be more productive than getting a degree the employer
did
not care one hoot about, anyway.

That's fine. I don't care about your career path, but you must realize
that no one is going to be impressed by the GPA of a person who never
crossed the finish line. That's like boasting that you once led the
Boston Marathon...for the first five seconds.

Not the same. I am in a field where the ability to perform is measured, not
the ability to complete classes.

If you look around, I think you'll find that this is true in most
areas of business.

There are no degrees required in most
positions, in fact. Except for entry level positions, educational background
is pretty much ignored

That's fine, and consistent with everything I said. The point is that,
since education matters so little in your field, it's odd to see you
crowing about your college GPA while conveniently failing to volunteer
that you never graduated.

That's our Edweenie! He'll be fraudulent until his dying day.

Old September 26th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

ASU, school of business.

What years,

'72-'74

and just what is 'ASU'?

Sun Devils.... etc.

Old September 26th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

ASU, school of business.

What years,

'72-'74

How many credits at 'ASU'?

You've claimed in the past to have 140 college credits, and to have gone to
'college' in both Ecuador and Puerto Rico.

Old September 26th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 26, 3:44 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 26, 3:12 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

That's fine, and consistent with everything I said. The point is that,
since education matters so little in your field, it's odd to see you
crowing about your college GPA while conveniently failing to volunteer
that you never graduated.

I have even spoken at industry seminars about the inapplicability of
communications and broadcast courses of study, since they miss so much of
the social sciences and the technical disciplines like math and statistics
as well as the business courses needed in the business. I am proud to have
created my own broadcast curriculum, even if would never have gotten me a
degree.

That's great...and consistent with everything I said. Since a formal
education is so unimportant in your field, I'm sure you will no longer
be tempted to boast about your GPA while failing to mention that you
never graduated. Of course, that you boast about it at all suggests
that it is, in your view, of some importance. And your failure to
mention that you never graduated is, again, like someone's boasting
that they once led the Boston Marathon while neglecting to mention
that they led only for the first five seconds. You aren't doing
yourself any favors today.

Old September 26th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

ASU, school of business.

What years,

'72-'74

How many credits at 'ASU'?

I think it is about 110... have no exact idea (including transfer credits)

You've claimed in the past to have 140 college credits, and to have gone
'college' in both Ecuador and Puerto Rico.

I have about 30 loose credits from PR and college credit training. I also
have totally non-transferable credits from two universities in Ecuador. The
point is that the total number is irrelevant, as they can not be combined
for a degree and I have no interest in a degree...

Old September 26th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 26, 3:44 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Education, whether via work experience, seminars, home study, or in a
classrom is important. But at the end of the day, the value of a degree
declines the further one is into a career where evaluations are made based
on career, not academic success.

And your failure to
mention that you never graduated is, again, like someone's boasting
that they once led the Boston Marathon while neglecting to mention
that they led only for the first five seconds. You aren't doing
yourself any favors today.

I never said I did graduate. I said I attended college; someone who
graduated would mention the degree and the major.

Old September 26th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 26, 4:13 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 26, 3:44 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

Ah but in that case, since you are well beyond your school days, your
GPA boasts make little sense. Either that or your formal education is
more of an issue than you let on.

And your failure to
mention that you never graduated is, again, like someone's boasting
that they once led the Boston Marathon while neglecting to mention
that they led only for the first five seconds. You aren't doing
yourself any favors today.

I never said I did graduate. I said I attended college; someone who
graduated would mention the degree and the major.

Correct. Yours was a sin of omission, not commission, but dishonest
all the same--and still further evidence that you do not, after all,
view formal education as of little importance for someone senior in
your profession.

Old September 27th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, still attempting to keep 'Eduardo' alive, wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Don't forget that he began posing as 'Eduardo' in late 1999 or early 2000!

Actually, I was using it on CIS in the 80's.

CIS? Come on Mr. Acronym... stop BS'ing everyone. You didn't dream up the
'Eduardo' shtick until mucho later!

Old September 27th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Don't forget that he began posing as 'Eduardo' in late 1999 or early
2000!

Actually, I was using it on CIS in the 80's.

CIS? Come on Mr. Acronym... stop BS'ing everyone. You didn't dream up the
'Eduardo' shtick until mucho later!

Sorry. As habitual as your weekend binging, you are wrong.... again.