Old September 26th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Breaking HD News!!!

FORD TO MAKE HD DIGITAL RADIO AVAILABLE ACROSS NEARLY ALL PRODUCT
LINES
* Dealer-installed option available nationwide on nearly every 2008
model year Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicle
* HD Digital Radioâ„¢ can be installed on most currently-owned vehicles
built in model years 2005, 2006 and 2007
* Ford's high-definition radio strategy builds on company's effort to
be among the industry's leaders in delivering new automotive
entertainment technologies

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept., 26, 2007 - Ford Motor Co. today became the
first automaker to offer HD Digital Radio across multiple product
lines. The dealer-installed high-definition radio option is now
available nationwide on nearly all 2008 model year Ford, Lincoln and
Mercury vehicles. Additionally, HD Digital Radio can be installed on
many earlier models from 2005, 2006 and 2007. As with SYNC, the
extensive availability of HD Digital Radio furthers the company's
ongoing efforts to deliver new entertainment technologies to
automotive consumers.

"We believe HD Digital Radio will be an important part of Ford's
commitment to delivering innovations with mass appeal," said Kim
Irwin, Vehicle Personalization and Accessories manager for Ford's
Customer Service Division. "We're helping our customers stay connected
by supporting the features and functions they want in their vehicles.
The dramatically improved audio, text and data features of HD Digital
Radio - along with its hundreds of new radio stations - create a
compelling combination at the right price."

HD Digital Radio dramatically increases the sound quality of radio
broadcasts and enables more than one radio broadcast on a single
channel. As a result, consumers hear a wide range of new HD2 multicast
stations as well as their favorite radio stations in crystal clear
digital sound with no monthly subscription fee. More than 1500 radio
stations in the U.S. currently broadcast in HD digital sound, with
more than 600 stations also airing HD2 multicasts.

HD Radio joins other new technologies - including SYNC - being offered
in Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles to make driving more enjoyable
and convenient than ever before. Beginning immediately, HD Digital
Radio will be available as a dealer-installed option on new, pre-owned
and currently-owned vehicles. Price points will vary by dealership
but, as always, HD Radio broadcasts carry no monthly subscription fee.

"Drivers have always had a love affair with their car radios," added
Irwin. "HD Radio offers our dealers a triple threat: It differentiates
their offerings from other brands; it lets them upgrade customer
entertainment systems in a unique way; and it lets buyers of recent
pre-owned vehicles as well as current vehicle owners share completely
in the benefits. This is the kind of program that our dealers love to
see."

To support the launch, Ford, Lincoln and Mercury dealers will benefit
from an aggressive, multi-million-dollar, 13-week, on-air radio
marketing campaign in partnership with the HD Digital Radio Alliance.
The commercials will air in 100 markets over some 700 radio stations
beginning on September 26, 2007.

"In all of our discussions with auto makers, Ford has consistently
demonstrated both the will and the resolve to be industry leaders in
this arena," said Peter Ferrara, president and CEO of the HD Digital
Radio Alliance. "Now that HD Radio is broadcasting across hundreds of
local stations nationwide, partners who move early will gain the
biggest advantage."

The HD Digital Radio Alliance is a joint initiative of leading radio
broadcasters to accelerate the successful rollout of HD Digital Radio.
Current members include major radio groups and independent station
owners: Beasley Broadcast Group, Bonneville International, CBS Radio,
Citadel Broadcasting / ABC Radio, Clear Channel Radio, Emmis
Communications, Entercom, Greater Media and WBEB Philadelphia. For
more information on HD Digital Radio, visit www.hdradio.com.

Old September 26th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 26, 7:44Â*am, "
wrote:
[...]

HO HUM - When "HD" Radio is OEM Standard Equipment
in all US Manufactured Automobiles - Let Me Know ~ RHF
.