Old September 26th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eavesdropper Installation

I just finished up the last part of my installation of the Eavesdropper trap
dipole. The last coax run, the last connector soldered and everything hooked up
and running.

Have to see how it really plays this season.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 26th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
I just finished up the last part of my installation of the Eavesdropper trap
dipole. The last coax run, the last connector soldered and everything hooked up
and running.

Have to see how it really plays this season.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It's pretty quiet. And reasonably flat across the SW broadcast bands.
But it does creditably across the ham bands, as well.

You'll find it better than a random wire except on the very lowest
bands.

Old September 26th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
I just finished up the last part of my installation of the Eavesdropper trap
dipole. The last coax run, the last connector soldered and everything hooked up
and running.

Have to see how it really plays this season.

It's pretty quiet. And reasonably flat across the SW broadcast bands.
But it does creditably across the ham bands, as well.

You'll find it better than a random wire except on the very lowest
bands.

We'll see. Last time I had this antenna up was about 1990 or thereabout.

I oriented this one at about 150/330 degrees. Unfortunately at only 16' elevation at
this time, but it seems to play fairly well. I do notice differences between it and
my 70' and 200' wires.

I'll try to get my camera out (and re-learn how to use it!) and take some new pics.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 27th 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 26, 12:50 pm, dxAce wrote:
I just finished up the last part of my installation of the Eavesdropper trap
dipole. The last coax run, the last connector soldered and everything hooked up
and running.

Have to see how it really plays this season.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DX Ace - Good Luck with the Eavesdropper Trap Dipole.

Hope to read here what you hear on it this coming
Winter DX Season. ~ RHF

Eavesdropper Dipole dxAce Shortwave 16 August 19th 07 12:08 PM
FOR SALE: Grundig SATELLIT 800 / Eavesdropper " SLOOPER" antenna [email protected] Shortwave 0 March 9th 05 12:41 PM
FOR SALE: GRUNDIG SATELLIT 800 / Eavesdropper "SLOPER" SW Antenna/Kaito KA105 Pete Asmann Shortwave 0 November 24th 04 07:09 PM
FOR SALE: Eavesdropper "SLOPER"/ Brand new in box/$50.00 incl.Shipping Pete Asmann Shortwave 0 April 8th 04 02:37 PM
Install Question about Trap Dipole Antenna (Eavesdropper/C) Jay Quinn Shortwave 2 July 28th 03 08:54 PM