Old September 30th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD Radio Killer

http://www.sonoplayer.com/overview.htm

99 bucks
No preexisting wireless network needed
Access to far, far more stations than any HD receiver will provide

Old September 30th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 30, 9:56 am, Steve wrote:
http://www.sonoplayer.com/overview.htm

99 bucks
No preexisting wireless network needed
Access to far, far more stations than any HD receiver will provide

Except Wireless Internet is extremely expensive, not free like HD or
analog Radio.

Also it appears it won't work outside of your home. Thus HD or Analog
radio is still the only option for car travel.

Old September 30th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 30, 11:12 am, SFTV_troy wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:56 am, Steve wrote:

http://www.sonoplayer.com/overview.htm

99 bucks
No preexisting wireless network needed
Access to far, far more stations than any HD receiver will provide

Except Wireless Internet is extremely expensive, not free like HD or
analog Radio.

Wireless internet is not extremely expensive? Where have you been
shopping? And many people already have it, in which case internet
radio introduces no additional cost.

Also it appears it won't work outside of your home. Thus HD or Analog
radio is still the only option for car travel.

Ah, but that is changing quickly:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Samsu...ty-63879.shtml

http://www.wsradio.com/internet-talk...-your-car.html

The fact is, progress happens. Change happens. You can't fight them.

Old September 30th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I own a Linksys Wireless B Music System internet radio, I paid about
$159.00 for it at the Wal Mart store a few years ago.I can use it
tethered to my computer, or, I can use it wirelessly up to about 100
feet from my computer.I don't tote, so I keep it tethered to my
computer.

www.devilfinder.com Linksys Wireless B Music System

A bunch of months ago, good old Heidy in that Irish computer newsgroup
thingy, she was wondering about buying herself a Bose radio.I told her
leave that junk alone and go to a store and buy a real stereo Radio.
cuhulin

Old September 30th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 30, 9:56 am, Steve wrote:

http://www.sonoplayer.com/overview.htm

99 bucks
No preexisting wireless network needed
Access to far, far more stations than any HD receiver will provide

Except Wireless Internet is extremely expensive, not free like HD or
analog Radio.

Also it appears it won't work outside of your home. Thus HD or Analog
radio is still the only option for car travel.

"Automotive PCs will connect through regular cellular phone signals.
But makers expect the in-car systems to eventually move to Wi-Max -
high-powered Wi-Fi that blankets broadband access across cities - over
the next few years."

LOL

Old September 30th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 30, 9:56 am, Steve wrote:

http://www.sonoplayer.com/overview.htm

99 bucks
No preexisting wireless network needed
Access to far, far more stations than any HD receiver will provide

Except Wireless Internet is extremely expensive, not free like HD or
analog Radio.

Also it appears it won't work outside of your home. Thus HD or Analog
radio is still the only option for car travel.

"Automotive PCs will connect through regular cellular phone signals.
But makers expect the in-car systems to eventually move to Wi-Max -
high-powered Wi-Fi that blankets broadband access across cities - over
the next few years."

LOL

Steve,

I would agree - Sprint is rolling out nation-wide WiMax and once that
gets substantial coverage, it is over for terrestrial and HD Radio.
Jerry Del Colliano gives terrestrial radio another 20 years before
"the sticks" become obsolete. HD Radio is a non-starter, as other
technologies are moving forward at lightening speeds. Ford's point-of-
sale, dealer-installed HD Radio will also be a non-starter, as Ford is
offering Sync, as a standard feature across all of it premium
vehicles, which constuitute 40% of its sales. Otherwise, Sync is a
$300 factory-installed option, less than HD Radio at $279 + $50
installation fee. Even though Ford is offering HD Radio, customers
have to pay directly for installation - Ford owns Visteon which makes
HD radios, and Ford is an investor in iBiquity. LOL!

Old September 30th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 30, 11:13 am, Steve wrote:

The fact is, progress happens. Change happens. You can't fight them.

On the other hand, sometimes progress DOESN'T happen. Remember
WebTV? It was supposed to bring internet to everyone's televisions.
Fail.

I've learned that not all technologies win; Just because YOU want to
see Wireless Internet sending music to people's cars, doesn't mean it
will succeed. CONSUMERS decide, not us, and they might decide to
ignore this new idea (same way they ignored Super VHS and Super Audio
CD).

Old September 30th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 30, 6:50 pm, SFTV_troy wrote:
On Sep 30, 11:13 am, Steve wrote:

The fact is, progress happens. Change happens. You can't fight them.

On the other hand, sometimes progress DOESN'T happen. Remember
WebTV? It was supposed to bring internet to everyone's televisions.
Fail.

I've learned that not all technologies win; Just because YOU want to
see Wireless Internet sending music to people's cars, doesn't mean it
will succeed. CONSUMERS decide, not us, and they might decide to
ignore this new idea (same way they ignored Super VHS and Super Audio
CD).

The thing is, in this case the choice is literally a no brainer.
Consumers will be able to decide between HD radio, which lets them
hear a few big local broadcasters delivering generic programming vs
the thousands of stations accessible via the internet, bundled no
doubt with email, web access, the whole shebang. Think about it.
Internet radio will let people hear EVERYTHING they can hear on HD,
together with thousands of OTHER things as well.

Not much of a choice.

Old October 1st 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
SFTV_troy wrote:

On Sep 30, 9:56 am, Steve wrote:
http://www.sonoplayer.com/overview.htm

99 bucks
No preexisting wireless network needed
Access to far, far more stations than any HD receiver will provide

Except Wireless Internet is extremely expensive, not free like HD or
analog Radio.

Also it appears it won't work outside of your home. Thus HD or Analog
radio is still the only option for car travel.

What a funny guy!

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 1st 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 30, 7:56 am, Steve wrote:
http://www.sonoplayer.com/overview.htm

99 bucks
No preexisting wireless network needed
Access to far, far more stations than any HD receiver will provide

-IF- You got to have the Home "PC" Turn-On
-or- a Wireless Network Running to make it Work

I Fails the "Toaster" Test [.] ~ RHF

For an Internet Radio to 'be' a Stand-A-Lone Radio :
It should only require only three things :

1 - Power AC Plug and Cord {Battery Power Optional}

2 - Any Telephone Line with Dial-Up or DSL {Cable-TV Optional}
- - - Assumes you are already paying for one of these
three services; and therefore the Internet Radio is a
Free Bonus that once you buy it cost you nothing more.

3 - You the Radio Listener.

YOU PLUG IT IN + TURN IT ON + LISTEN
- - - yes it is that simple -or- should be ~ RHF

AM/MW "HD" (IBOC) Radio is a Killer Application - { It Kills the Host Analog AM/MW Radio } RHF Shortwave 3 September 27th 07 01:27 AM
FS Killer Computer Controller Radio mike Scanner 0 March 15th 07 10:57 PM
killer bee linear KB2SMS Shortwave 6 January 28th 06 07:06 PM
Radio had no warnings of killer waves Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 6th 05 02:23 AM
Radio had no warnings of killer waves Mike Terry Shortwave 0 January 6th 05 02:23 AM