Old October 3rd 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,ba.broadcast

Default THE HD RADIO sub-channels - Just a few of my favorite formats

On Oct 2, 4:13?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 2, 12:33 pm, wrote:

such as Ford's (Microsoft's) new Sync will allow seamless streaming of
iPods and cell phones that contain Pandora

I thought the RIAA was against user-selected songs. For example if
you use Pandora, the *machine* chooses the music, not you.

You can create a start point, with a list of songs. Pandora creates a
playlist based on those songs, and you can indicate those you like a lot or
don't want to hear again, and Pandora refines its list for you. It is very
cool, particularly the engine behind it.

"News/Talk/Sports:Radio's Last Bastion"

"Music FMs of any flavor are utterly screwed... Right now -- while FMs
are losing the music audience to new media -- satellite radio is
offering more News/Talk/Sports programming than we can fit on AM
radio..."

http://ftp.media.radcity.net/ZMST/daily/IS031005.htm

Old October 3rd 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,ba.broadcast

I spoke with a Clear Chanel guy (yes, I do seem to know everybody) and
he told me that the Format Lab is a test designed to discover listener
acceptance of new format ideas. He told me that they gauge number of
listeners, time spent listening, time of day, and listener location
(to a certain extent). I asked about registration, and he said that
the idea is to bring in the most listeners possible and that
registration reduces response by as much as 80%, so they don't do
it.

I don't know of any CCU stations that have used a Format Lab format in
changing station formats, so I don't know the mechanism for doing
that.

I find myself listening to Format Lab often as I sit in cafes. Among
my favorites at the moment are Undies (underground indies), and Vegas
Gold, which is mostly lounge singers of yesterday and today.