Old October 7th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Heard my 1st AM/MW "HD" Radio Broadcast - Today 6 OCT 2007

Heard my 1st AM/MW "HD" Radio Broadcast - Today 6 OCT 2007

Time : 1253 PM PDT in Twain Harte, CA

Radio Station : KFIV 1360 kHz @ 4000 Watts from Modesto, CA
KFIV = http://www.k5radio.com/main.html
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=12959
- - - So the Digital Signal at 1% would be 40 Watts
Transmitter and Towers are located between Modesto
and Riverbank, CA. {ERP is 'only' 950 Watts Nights}
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...=KFIV&sr=Y&s=C

Heard the end of Glen Beck followed by Fox News at
1 PM PDT; and then the Jerry Doyle Show.
http://www.kfiv1360.com/pages/KFIVweekends.html

Audio Sound Notes :

Voice sounded Thin and Tinnie with an Echo

Bumper Music in Stereo was OK.

~ RHF
Old October 7th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

KFIV =http://www.k5radio.com/main.htmlhttp...=0&facid=12959
- - - So the Digital Signal at 1% would be 40 Watts
Transmitter and Towers are located between Modesto
and Riverbank, CA. {ERP is 'only' 950 Watts Nights}http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...=KFIV&sr=Y&s=C

Heard the end of Glen Beck followed by Fox News at
1 PM PDT; and then the Jerry Doyle Show.http://www.kfiv1360.com/pages/KFIVweekends.html

Audio Sound Notes :

Voice sounded Thin and Tinnie with an Echo

Bumper Music in Stereo was OK.

~ RHF
.

Did you expect anything better, with this crackpipe technology?

Old October 7th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

KFIV =http://www.k5radio.com/main.htmlhttp...bin/amq?list=0...
- - - So the Digital Signal at 1% would be 40 Watts
Transmitter and Towers are located between Modesto
and Riverbank, CA. {ERP is 'only' 950 Watts Nights}http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...=KFIV&sr=Y&s=C

Heard the end of Glen Beck followed by Fox News at
1 PM PDT; and then the Jerry Doyle Show.http://www.kfiv1360.com/pages/KFIVweekends.html

Audio Sound Notes :

Voice sounded Thin and Tinnie with an Echo

Bumper Music in Stereo was OK.

~ RHF
.

- Did you expect anything better, with this crackpipe technology?

Pocket Radio -tyvm- for the Crack-Pipe Answer.

Heard my 1st AM/MW "HD" Radio Broadcast - Today 6 OCT 2007
http://groups.google.com/group/hd-ra...206109df86f5a0
http://groups.google.com/group/hd-ra...ae20cc0e4e0fb7

Actually the distance was about 55~60 Miles and it was
the 1st AM/MW "HD" Radio that I have been able to Hear
up here in Twain Harte, CA.

Again the Stereo {Bumper} Music sounded OK -but- the
Talk Radio Hosts and the Fox News Readers voices all
sounded thin and tinny with an echo. I assume that this
was due to the KFIV 1360 kHz Radio Station's Audio
Processing or may be the Fringe Area reception
characteristics of IBOC -idk-

In general the few FM "HD" Radio Station's Music Sound
and Voice Quality that I have heard has been 'as good'
or 'better' than the Analog FM Radio in Stereo up here in
the Foothills; that I can get from the California Central
Valley Cities around 60~90 Miles away.

Currently using a Vertical Rectangle Loop Antenna that is
about 6-Feet High by 24-Feet Long (60-Feet Around) with
a Coax Cable feed-in-line. Pointed at Modesto, CA.
Plus a Radi-Osophy HD-100 Radio.

hy dee ray dee oh ~ RHF
Hello and Welcome to the "HD Radio" NewsGroup
HD RADIO = http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/

Old October 7th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

On Oct 7, 7:27 am, wrote:
On Oct 6, 11:19?pm, RHF wrote:

[...]

David, { Yes I Did Say "Stereo" }

Yes it is my understanding that the iBiquity IBOC's Hybrid
AM/MW "HD" Radio's Digital Side Bands do provide Stereo
Sound to AM/MW "HD" Radio Listeners.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Radio

About iBiquity HD Radio = http://meduci.com/ .
Each AM Radio Station is allowed to transmit one
Stereo Digital Channel, and cannot stream multiple
channels, as in the case of FM HD Radio.

About IBOC = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-band_on-channel .
It is based on the Principle of AM Stereo where it puts
a Digital Signal where the C-QUAM System would put
the Analog Stereo Decoding Information.

Foti on AM HD Radio: 'No Static at All' {and Stereo}
Radio World OnLine -by- Frank Foti
http://www.rwonline.com/reference-ro...d_foti_1.shtml
* With the rollout of AM HD Radio, the senior band not only
offers no static at all, but Wide Frequency Response that
is equal to FM, and - ready for this? - Stereo!
* It's still a bit surreal to realize that the Audio Signal
emanating from an AM "HD" Radio contains 15 kHz
Audio response, Stereophonic Sound, low noise floor
.... and ... no static at all!

HD Radio Ready for Prime Time
Radio World OnLine -by- Glen Clark .
http://www.radioworld.com/reference-...d_glen_2.shtml
* AM HD is stereo (in "enhanced" mode).
* I found that the AM "HD" Radio System usually stayed in
Stereo Mode when the daytime signal strength was more
than 5 mV/m,

AM/MW "HD" Radio is 'by-design' Engineered to provide
a Pair of {Left and Right} Primary Digital Side-Bands and
that these Two Side-Band can be used to produce "Stereo"
sound from a "HD" Radio that has a Two-Channel Audio
Amplifier and a Pair of Speakers.
http://electronicdesign.com/Files/29.../Figure_02.gif

yes i did say 'stereo' - please corrrect me 'if' i am wrong ~ RHF

Old October 8th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 7, 4:55 pm, David wrote:

wrote:

http://www.radioworld.com/reference-...kenwood_glen_2...
* AM HD is stereo (in "enhanced" mode).
* I found that the AM "HD" Radio System usually stayed in
Stereo Mode when the daytime signal strength was more
than 5 mV/m,

AM/MW "HD" Radio is 'by-design' Engineered to provide
a Pair of {Left and Right} Primary Digital Side-Bands and
that these Two Side-Band can be used to produce "Stereo"
sound from a "HD" Radio that has a Two-Channel Audio
Amplifier and a Pair of Speakers.
http://electronicdesign.com/Files/29.../Figure_02.gif

yes i did say 'stereo' - please corrrect me 'if' i am wrong ~ RHF
.

I don't know. That's why I asked. I can only get KSPN in HD and they
suck.- Hide quoted text -

David,

KFIV 1360 kHz in Modesto, CA which is an "AM" Talk Radio
Station now broadcasting in 'IBOC' the Voice Audio Sucked Too !

The KFIV Engineering Staff needs to go out to the Edge
of their Distant Coverage Area : Elk Grove + Pleasanton
+ Los Banos + Chowchilla + Sonora + Jackson
and actually Listen to an Over-the-Air Broadcast and
specifically the Voice Quality of their Talk Radio Station.
Predicted Daytime Coverage Area : KFIV 1360 AM
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=D

-but- the bumper music sounded 'ok' ~ RHF

Old October 8th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Heard my 2nd AM/MW "HD" Radio Broadcast - Today 8 OCT 2007

Heard my 2nd AM/MW "HD" Radio Broadcast - Today 8 OCT 2007
http://groups.google.com/group/hd-ra...2449d134405699

Time : 07:48 AM PDT in Twain Harte, CA -heard- KLOK 1170 kHz
in San Jose, CA - Distance about 120 Miles

Radio Station : KLOK 1170 kHz @ 50,000 Watts from San Jose, CA
http://www.univision.com/content/cha...98&schid=11986
http://www.univision.com/content/cha...83&schid=10596
-IBOC ERP- Digital Signal at 1% would be 500 Watts.
Transmitter and Towers are located in South San Jose
Evergreen Valley Area - Spanish "Radio Tricolor"
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=41339
KLOK 1170 kHz has a Nightime reduced Power 5 KW
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...LOK&service=AM
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=D
Heard mostly Spanish Music with Traffic Report and had a
Solid Blue Light {IBOC Signal Lock} for about 10 Minutes;
and then On and Off several times over the next 15 Minutes.

KLOK 1170 kHz - Audio Sound Notes :
* Male and Female Voices sounded OK {Natural}
* Music in Stereo was Very Good could easily tell when
the Digital Stereo Signal Dropped and the Sound was
again Mono-Audio only; the "AM" Digital Stereo did
have a better Audio 'Presence' to it.

HD Radio - Radi-Osophy HD-100 Radio

Antenna - Newly re-configured the 6'x24' Rectangle Loop
Antenna into a Triangle Loop Antenna 20-Feet per Side
pointed toward Modesto, CA {SF Bay Area}.

Old October 9th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 9, 10:55 am, wrote:
On Oct 6, 11:19 pm, RHF wrote:

Heard my 1st AM/MW "HD" RadioBroadcast - Today 6 OCT 2007

Time : 1253 PM PDT in Twain Harte, CA

Radio Station : KFIV 1360 kHz @ 4000 Watts from Modesto, CA
KFIV =http://www.k5radio.com/main.htmlhttp...bin/amq?list=0...
- - - So the Digital Signal at 1% would be 40 Watts
Transmitter and Towers are located between Modesto
and Riverbank, CA. {ERP is 'only' 950 Watts Nights}http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...=KFIV&sr=Y&s=C

Heard the end of Glen Beck followed by Fox News at
1 PM PDT; and then the Jerry Doyle Show.http://www.kfiv1360.com/pages/KFIVweekends.html

Audio Sound Notes :

Voice sounded Thin and Tinnie with an Echo

Bumper Music in Stereo was OK.

~ RHF
.

- - "Heard my 1st AM/MW "HD" Radio Broadcast - Today 6 OCT 2007"

- Did you cum?

Pocket Radio,

Clearly you Expect more from your Radio Listening - Then I Do.

the simple enjoyment of listening to free over-the-air radio
makes me happy -and- happiness is it's own reward ~ RHF

Don't Worry Be Happy ! { I Am }
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnvSQuv-H4
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/dontworry.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Worry,_Be_Happy