Old October 8th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Net Controlled Radios

Hi folks,

Im a software developer and Im curious as to what happened with the
web-based radios that used to be online. I think they were managed
from Java or straight HTML. Im a fan of SW, but alas I had to sell my
equipment a long time ago and haven't gotten back into it yet.
(Looking for a decent receiver, but thats a different issue). I'm
curious to code something that is a little better than the past
offerings for web-based radios, using AJAX technology for what would
be a more responsive user interface. Is this something that is rather
dead at this point, or is there still interest?

Old October 8th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.ralabs.com/webradio/

http://www.chilton.com

Old October 8th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

ShutterMan wrote:

Hi folks,

Im a software developer and Im curious as to what happened with the
web-based radios that used to be online. I think they were managed
from Java or straight HTML. Im a fan of SW, but alas I had to sell my
equipment a long time ago and haven't gotten back into it yet.
(Looking for a decent receiver, but thats a different issue). I'm
curious to code something that is a little better than the past
offerings for web-based radios, using AJAX technology for what would
be a more responsive user interface. Is this something that is rather
dead at this point, or is there still interest?

I have a homebrew hf receiver online with realtime audio (not streamed)
and realtime tuning (not transactional). Only one person (another
online receiver operator) has ever used it despite advertising its
availability on various N.G.s I suspect it is just too different
from the prevailing variety of webradios.

Regards,

Michael
Old October 8th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 00:18:06 -0000, ShutterMan
wrote:

Hi folks,

Im a software developer and Im curious as to what happened with the
web-based radios that used to be online. I think they were managed
from Java or straight HTML. Im a fan of SW, but alas I had to sell my
equipment a long time ago and haven't gotten back into it yet.
(Looking for a decent receiver, but thats a different issue). I'm
curious to code something that is a little better than the past
offerings for web-based radios, using AJAX technology for what would
be a more responsive user interface. Is this something that is rather
dead at this point, or is there still interest?

Sounds like a recipe for a one way trip to Gitmo.