Old October 8th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What is "Xohm"? - terrestrial radio is screwed!

"What is "Xohm"?"

"According to Ars Technica, the Xohm network is slated for a full
launch in Chicago, Baltimore and Washington D.C. by March or April
2008. Sprint plans to follow the launch with a nationwide rollout, and
should reach all major markets in the U.S. by the end of 2008. Repeat
this over and over: The Internet is radio's future. Tick, tick, tick"

http://www.hear2.com/2007/10/what-is-xohm.html#comments

"Streaming Internet Radio in your Car"

"Internet radio streaming to your car isn't a pipe dream for years
away. It's available right now, and using the new Ford SYNC, it's
available this Fall using voice command. See this video for a demo...
Mark Ramsey calls it "geekcasting" - but only beca.."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/10/this-is....html#comments

"The end of Talk Radio?"

"Any rational view of radio's future - and I'm talking 5+ years out
here - will conclude that Talk Radio will be a more important piece of
the pie than Music Radio. That's because of the infinitely expanding
choices for passive audio entertainment which are just over the
horizon mixed with the growing demand from listeners to experience
music audio with customization and control."

Comment:"'Speech' radio as we call it in the UK is hugely popular,
with the national FM speech station Radio 4 getting a 19% reach and a
11% share of UK listening. Having £71m (around $130m) a year to spend
on programming certainly helps. But if you're interested in speech
ideas, that's the station to look to."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/10/what-ta....html#comments

Ha! Ha! Eduardo!

Old October 9th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 8, 2:37�pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
[...]

What's the matter, Eduardo - no response? You're screwed!

Old October 9th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default What Is "Xohm" ? - Another Screwy 'What To Be' Radio Idea !

On Oct 8, 11:37 am, IBOCcrock wrote:
[...]

IBOC Crock - I CHOOSE FREE OVER-THE-AIR RADIO [.]

DOH ! - Internet WiFi Radio Ain't Radio -but- When it
becomes as easy as a "Toaster" to Plug into the AC
Outlet and Phone Line; and simply Turn-It-On then it
may have a 'chance' -but- WiFi and Networking with
a Home PC is not an EveryMan solution/alternative
to a Free Over-the-Air Radio Broadcast and Easy
{Care-Free} Radio Listening.

IBOC Crock - You are not only Anti-IBOC
-but- You Are Also Anti-Traditional-Radio Too !

When these new "Digital Age" Techno- Geniuses can
look at the current Free Over-the-Air Radio Broadcasting
Business Model and come up with a 'like' Business
Model where Advertizing 'pays' for the Broadcasting
and Consumers receive the Transmission for Free :
THEN IT MIGHT REPLACE TRADITIONAL
OVER-THE-AIR FREE RADIO [.]

your's is a say life - happy to be me -and-
happy to be able to listen to the radio free ~ RHF
.

Old October 9th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 9, 7:03 am, IBOCcrock wrote:
On Oct 8, 9:20 pm, RHF wrote:

"your's is a say life - happy to be me -and-
happy to be able to listen to the radio free ~ RHF"

Are you gay?

If he is, are you going to round-up your KKK friends, and lynch him.
(You stupid old grandpas; you are so damn intolerant, it makes me want
to gag.)

Old October 9th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 8, 6:20 pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

Sorry typo 'sad' not 'say'

your's is a 'sad' life - happy to be me -and-

Old October 9th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 9, 5:03 am, IBOCcrock wrote:
On Oct 8, 9:20 pm, RHF wrote:

[...]

- Are you gay?

Typical Enlightened Liberal Reply

'Gay' No. - "Happy" Yes. - Radio Listener Definitely ! ~ RHF
.

Old October 10th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 8, 9:20 pm, RHF wrote:

"your's is a say life - happy to be me -and-
happy to be able to listen to the radio free ~ RHF"

Are you gay?

If he is, are you going to round-up your KKK friends, and lynch him?
(You stupid old grandpas; you are so damn intolerant, it makes me want
to gag.)

That's not very nice Miss Manners.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 12th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon
SFTV_troy
On Oct 9, 7:03 am, IBOCcrock
On Oct 8, 9:20 pm, RHF

"your's is a say life - happy to be me -and-
happy to be able to listen to radio free ~ RHF"

Are you gay?

If he is, are you going to round-up your KKK friends, and lynch him?
(You stupid old grandpas; you are so damn intolerant, it makes me want
to gag.)

That's not very nice Miss Manners.

Members of the KKK don't deserve to be treated as human beings. They
should be called the *exact same words* that they toss towards
Africans, Hispanics, homosexuals, or other minorities. KKK assholes
don't deserve to be treated as equals to the rest of us.