Old October 12th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Be proud of your NAB, Eduardo!

On Oct 11, 5:33?pm, D Peter Maus wrote:
IBOCcrock wrote:
"NAB gives choice for Sirius-XM: Penalties? or Monopoly?"

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/na...siriusxm-penal...

Any association that would act like this is definately headed down the
toilet - be proud!

The truth is, some, though not all, of NAB's objections are founded.
Sirius DID violate repeater rules.

And as an XM subscriber of some length, I'm not exactly looking
forward to changes in my favorite channels once the merger comes through.

That said, NAB has some worries ahead, with good reasons. And though
analog FM still has better fidelity potential, I'm finding the
programming on XM to be much more satisfying to the 'sell everything
that isn't nailed down and many things that are' programming on
terrestrial radio.

And since terrestrial radio has known for decades that the listening
public was fatigued with advertising overload, they can't say they
haven't been warned.

I"m really convinced, with every conversation I have, with every
listening habit I observe, with new technology that comes on the
horizon, that the future of terrestrial radio, sooner or later, will be
based on conditional access.

iBiquity's own products in development and statements by both Radio
and technology confirm that terrestrial Radio believes so, as well.

NAB...well...sucks to be them.

HD Radio is just as much a monopoly on terrestrial radio - no
difference.