Old October 14th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default KFI transmitter problems

I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again a
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 14th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again a
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

Could they be in the process of the temporary move to the Montecito
(Heights) location they need to make in preparation for the rebuild of the
larger tower?

Old October 14th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,ba.brioadcast

David Frackelton Gleason, still posing as 'Eduardo', wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again a
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

Could they be in the process of the temporary move to the Montecito
(Heights) location they need to make in preparation for the rebuild of the
larger tower?

Why would that make the current transmitter cut on and off, Edweenie?

I want to hear the scoop from a fellow who claims to have held some FCC licenses.

Old October 14th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again a
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

Could they be in the process of the temporary move to the Montecito
(Heights) location they need to make in preparation for the rebuild of the
larger tower?

I don't know. I tried there phone numbers but I can't get through as it
is always busy. It appears the transmit power just took a permanent
drop. They are normally -60 to -65 dB and now its at -80. The audio
breakup seems to have stopped but now there is a continuous hiss in the
background.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 14th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.
I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again a
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

Could they be in the process of the temporary move to the Montecito
(Heights) location they need to make in preparation for the rebuild of the
larger tower?

I don't know. I tried there phone numbers but I can't get through as it
is always busy. It appears the transmit power just took a permanent
drop. They are normally -60 to -65 dB and now its at -80. The audio
breakup seems to have stopped but now there is a continuous hiss in the
background.

Replying to my own post, I noticed they turned off their IBOC signal.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old October 14th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.
I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again a
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

Could they be in the process of the temporary move to the Montecito
(Heights) location they need to make in preparation for the rebuild of the
larger tower?

I don't know. I tried there phone numbers but I can't get through as it
is always busy. It appears the transmit power just took a permanent
drop. They are normally -60 to -65 dB and now its at -80. The audio
breakup seems to have stopped but now there is a continuous hiss in the
background.

Replying to my own post, I noticed they turned off their IBOC signal.

Well, that's certainly a plus!

Old October 14th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,ba.brioadcast

"Telamon" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again a
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

Could they be in the process of the temporary move to the Montecito
(Heights) location they need to make in preparation for the rebuild of
the
larger tower?

Why would that make the current transmitter cut on and off, Edweenie?

How do we know that they are not at the temporary site? They may be having
some issues there... I am not sure what they have installed as an aux,
either, The towers there are from the 30's, too.

Old October 14th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

om..
.
[...]

It's a small blessing.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 14th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again a
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

Could they be in the process of the temporary move to the Montecito
(Heights) location they need to make in preparation for the rebuild of
the
larger tower?

I don't know. I tried there phone numbers but I can't get through as it
is always busy. It appears the transmit power just took a permanent
drop. They are normally -60 to -65 dB and now its at -80. The audio
breakup seems to have stopped but now there is a continuous hiss in the
background.

I understood they had a full 50 to install at the Montecito location, and
then were going to leapfrog the auxiliary transmitter there while Buena Park
is getting a new tower. They might be on a lower power, or they may just
have trouble still at Buena Park. They well might have been doing some moves
overnight (Sunday early AM is a low point for audience) and not been
finished... Sunday AM is also a low point for most talkers, so this may have
been planned.

I'll ask our CE to ask theirs tomorrow....

Old October 14th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.
I noticed yesterday afternoon their transmitter went off and on again
few times. Today as I write this they are breaking up every few
minutes
it seems. Transmitter power seems to be going up and down when that
happens.

Could they be in the process of the temporary move to the Montecito
(Heights) location they need to make in preparation for the rebuild of
the
larger tower?

I don't know. I tried there phone numbers but I can't get through as it
is always busy. It appears the transmit power just took a permanent
drop. They are normally -60 to -65 dB and now its at -80. The audio
breakup seems to have stopped but now there is a continuous hiss in the
background.

Replying to my own post, I noticed they turned off their IBOC signal.

It has been off for two years since the big tower came down. The bandwidth
of the 0.125 wave tower and its power handling capacity forced them to run
sans HD and at 25 kw for the last two years.