Old October 20th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Trafalgar Day

October 21 marks the 202nd Anniversary of the Victory over the combined French
and Spanish fleets at the Battle of Trafalgar by by Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson
on October 21, 1805.

Listen for possible mentions of the Anniversary of the battle by the BBC.

I was fortunate enough to sail through the waters where the battle took place
whilst serving in the US Navy, and have always considered Admiral Lord Nelson
one of my heroes.

Lord Nelson died late in the battle.

"England expects that every man will do his duty"

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 14th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Dang - Mike [M II] Can't You Get Anything Straight {Correct}

On Jan 13, 6:29*pm, m II wrote:
dxAcehole, Supreme Commander United Michigan Militias (S.C.U.M.M.) wrote:

October 21 marks the 202nd Anniversary of the Victory over the combined French
and Spanish fleets at the Battle of Trafalgar by by Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson
on October 21, 1805.

Listen for possible mentions of the Anniversary of the battle by the BBC..

I was fortunate enough to sail through the waters where the battle took place
whilst serving in the US Navy, and have always considered Admiral Lord Nelson
one of my heroes.

-
- That figures.
-
- Nelson's last words were "Kiss me, Horatio"
-
- http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_n17268866
-
- mike
-

Dang - Mike [M II] Can't You Get Anything Straight {Correct}

It was his Wife "Frances" -aka- 'Lady Nelson' who wrote the words :
"Kiss me, Horatio" in a letter to Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_n17268866

mike that's a doh, - for not being factual,
Mike That's A Doh. - For Not Being Accurate.
MIKE THAT'S A DOH ! - FOR OUT RIGHT LYING !

the truth be told ~ RHF
Old January 14th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
On Jan 13, 6:29 pm, m II wrote:
[...]

.

Damn..I feel like Bush....

mike
Old January 14th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
On Jan 13, 6:29 pm, m II wrote:
[...]

Ok, I did more digging...It appears I am a lot closer to the truth than
you are.

It is a common misconception that Nelson's last words were, "Kiss me,
Hardy", spoken to the captain of HMS Victory, Thomas Hardy. Nelson did,
in fact, say these words to Hardy a short time before his death.
Eyewitnesses testified that Hardy kissed the admiral twice: once on the
cheek and once on the forehead, as Nelson struggled to remain conscious.
Prior to this Nelson asked his flag-captain not to throw him overboard
and to look after 'poor Lady Hamilton'. He then said "kiss me Hardy".
After Hardy's first kiss Nelson said, "now I am satisfied". After the
second, "who is that?". When he saw it was Hardy he said, "God bless you
Hardy." However they were not his last words as Hardy was not present at
his death, having been called back on deck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Nelson#Last_words

mike
Old January 14th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jan 13, 6:29 pm, m II wrote:
[...]

Here in the States the correct term is 'muff.'

Old January 14th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

Damn..I feel like Bush....

mike

Here in the States the correct term is 'muff.'

The Leader of the Free World is 'Muff'?

mike

Old January 14th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 13, 7:54*pm, m II wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Damn..I feel like Bush....

mike

* Here in the States the correct term is 'muff.'

The Leader of the Free World is 'Muff'?

mike

Mike -just because- 'We Like You' ! ~ RHF

We will all Sing your Theme Song :

You Posted To The Newsgroup Thinking You Were So Smart
But . . .
You're So Dumb - dumb, Dumb. De-DUMB !
You're So Dumb - Wel Bet You Think This Song's Not About You !
DOH You're So Dumb ! - DOH You're So Dumb !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B7bVD_DkM4
Old January 14th 08, 11:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

On Jan 13, 6:29 pm, m II wrote:
[...]

After all, he's a dumbass Canuck.