Old October 27th 07, 12:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Receiver News - Used AOR 7030+

For anyone who is interested, Universal Radio currently has a used AOR 7030+ for
sale:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

I am in no way associated with Universal Radio and post this here for
informational purposes only.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires.

Don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company.

Old October 27th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
For anyone who is interested, Universal Radio currently has a used AOR 7030+ for
sale:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Everyone should have at least one John Thorpe radio.

Old October 27th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
For anyone who is interested, Universal Radio currently has a used AOR 7030+ for
sale:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Everyone should have at least one John Thorpe radio.

Say, I dropped the Eavesdropper trap dipole from my line-up and will try something
else next year.

Just not enough lowband performance here as compared to the wires.

Guess I'll try to sell it sometime.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 27th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 27, 8:46 am, D Peter Maus wrote:
dxAce wrote:
For anyone who is interested, Universal Radio currently has a used AOR 7030+ for
sale:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Everyone should have at least one John Thorpe radio.

I wonder if Thorpe will ever go back to designing receivers.

Steve

Old October 27th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Last time I got ''any'' was back in the 1970s.Help me!
cuhulin

Old October 28th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
For anyone who is interested, Universal Radio currently has a used AOR 7030+ for
sale:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Everyone should have at least one John Thorpe radio.

Say, I dropped the Eavesdropper trap dipole from my line-up and will try something
else next year.

Just not enough lowband performance here as compared to the wires.

I noticed that, myself. Most receivers have more than enough
sensitivity to make up for the loss. But low signal reception is a bit
noisier.

Old October 28th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

dxAce wrote:
For anyone who is interested, Universal Radio currently has a used AOR 7030+ for
sale:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Everyone should have at least one John Thorpe radio.

Why?

If you have to ask the question you probably won't understand the
answer.
Old October 28th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Everyone should have at least one John Thorpe radio.

Why?

If you have to ask the question you probably won't understand the
answer.

I still think his most creative work was the HF-150, and I've owned them
all, but kept only the 150.

Dale W4OP

Old October 28th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 04:51:25 GMT, "Dale Parfitt"
wrote:

Everyone should have at least one John Thorpe radio.

Why?

If you have to ask the question you probably won't understand the
answer.

I still think his most creative work was the HF-150, and I've owned them
all, but kept only the 150.

Dale W4OP

I have an HF-150. It is a sound (but flawed) electical design and an
industrial design masterpiece, but I do not worship John Thorpe. We
have people on this group with similar skills.

FA : AOR AR 7030 AR7030 Communications Receiver Dan Conti Swap 6 November 2nd 06 07:20 AM
FA : AOR AR 7030 AR7030 Communications Receiver Joe Shortwave 1 November 2nd 06 07:20 AM
Receiver News dxAce Shortwave 11 September 22nd 06 03:31 PM
FA: AOR AR-7030 Receiver w/ options Terry Palmersheim Shortwave 6 March 26th 06 08:30 PM