Old November 2nd 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default How Good is the Freeplay Baygen Radio?

"Joe Analssandrini" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 31, 10:30 pm, "Von Fourche" wrote:
A family member would like one of those wind up radio/flashlights
like
the
Baygen Freeplay radio. This would be used just for fun or when the power
might
go out but definitely not used for serious use.

Anybody ever play around with these Freeplay radios? Do they break
easy?
Do they actual work? Can it take a lot of winding and not break?

I heard Walter Cronkite on the Coast to Coast radio show a few years
ago.
C.Crane was running advertisements on that show and one of the things
they
were pushing was this Freeplay Baygen radio. Cronkite came on and did a
little interview with George Norey. At the end Cronkite said "Oh, and
those
Freeplay radios are total junk!" I was listening to Coast to Coast on
XM
Radio.
When they re-ran the first hour of the program again in the morning they
edited out
Cronkites remarks on the Freeplay radio.

Anyway, is this radio a fun toy to play with or not with the money?

I forgot to mention - the first two also receive AM and FM; the later
one, with the solar panel as well as the crank, is AM/FM only.

I bought a cheap $8.00 wind up flashlight in Wal Mart last week. One
minute of winding
doesn't last long but it sure is fun to wind up over and over. I saw
another wind up
box with a radio, flash light, emergency strobe light, compass, and adapter
to charge
up your cell phone, around $18.00

Old November 2nd 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Nov 1, 11:48 pm, "Von Fourche" wrote:
[...]

up your cell phone, around $18.00- Hide quoted text -

VF,

The Fantastic "Wind-O-Matic" Do-All Electro-Gizmo . . .
* It's a Radio
* It's a Flash Light
* It's an Emergency Strobe Light
* It's a Compass
* It's a Cellphone Charger

Plus It's a Personal Fitness Machine Too !
http://www.8a.nu/eng/pics/forearm.JPG
* Improve Your Grip
* Tighten Your ForeArms

i b losing my gr-ip one 'ip' at a time ~ RHF