Old December 2nd 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo - here come the Citadel layoffs!

re come the Citadel layoffs Lead [-]

Sat, 1-Dec-2007 11:57 AM
Tags : None

My old PD and another jock at WGQN-FM in New London, Connecticut (Q105
- the Groton station) lost their jobs last week. Towards the end of my
time at Q105, that was the same PD who told me I sounded too much like
Howard Hoffman (a.k.a. The Boogie Man on PRO-FM in the late 70s, later
on WABC in New York). I guess he thought that was a bad thing for some
reason. Here's the local story:

http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=749...b-401b4b3f2d65

Here's an article from a few weeks ago predicting that Citadel's
budget trimming could be the worst employee massacre broadcasting has
ever seen:

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2...ner-faces.html

Ha! It's about Connecticut and I beat Marc to the punch! I rule.
Old December 2nd 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ish Ish is offline

My old PD and another jock at WGQN-FM in New London, Connecticut (Q105
- the Groton station) lost their jobs last week. Towards the end of my
time at Q105, that was the same PD who told me I sounded too much like
Howard Hoffman (a.k.a. The Boogie Man on PRO-FM in the late 70s, later
on WABC in New York). I guess he thought that was a bad thing for some
reason. Here's the local story:

http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=749...b-401b4b3f2d65

To sound like Howard Hoffman is a GOOD THING!!

I guess he gave you a compliment

BTW He (Howard) is doing voiceovers now and prodution work at KABC.
Ish