Old January 16th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Another MP3 recorder

My Zen V Plus 4G MP3 player/recorder is back among the living, but
while it was down I found a
heck of a deal on a RCA (Thompson) "Digital Voice Recorder" that will
record up to 26 hours.
Not as good as the Zen, but then it looks to be somewhat more rugged
then the Zen.

It has a built in mic and an external mic in that with a suitable
attenuator works very well on
"line" level. It has a USB port and you can upload MP3 files to a PC
running XP or Vista. It
will work under 98SE, but requires some registry magic to make it
happen. Battery life is
better then I expected. I have recorded about 50 hours so far an it is
going strong.

Walmart had a bunch mismarked @$9.99. I bought three, one for my home
setup, one for
notes in the car and one was intended to go in my radio field kit but
my wife snagged it.
The correct price should have been $31, they didn't want to sell it to
me, so I borrowed a
friend's cell phone and called the state consumer protection number,
and boy did they get
reasonable. Even at $31 these are a great value! After 20 years of
faithful service I am retiring
my Marantz PMD201 cassette deck.

It has simple editing functions that I don't intend to master. For me
this a raw data acquisition
device. Any editing will be on my PC with CoolEdit.

It is very RF quiet.

Terry

FS Dx-392 with tape recorder. Mwin33 Shortwave 0 May 22nd 04 09:31 PM
Different 398 question - Recorder............. GO BEARCATS Shortwave 0 May 15th 04 06:42 AM
Scanner recorder want to find the scanner recorder softwhere-Name & where to find-please grateful Scanner 0 April 5th 04 08:03 PM
Scanner recorder ? Andy12437 Scanner 5 April 5th 04 02:18 AM
Recorder Chuck Swap 0 October 18th 03 06:21 PM