Old January 30th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The RRS no-spin clueless factor report

D Peter Maus wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jan 29, 8:08 am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 28, 8:10 pm, Mike wrote:

RHF wrote:
Telamon,
Be assured that I will re-double my efforts
in the Name of "Clueless Posts". ~ RHF
-ps- Telamon be sure to Count this as another
one of my 'Clueless Posts' -cause- IT IS ! ;-{
As I've mentioned before, I can't imagine why anyone would bother to
read Telamon's self-sanctimonious drivel. If he's running a clueless
contest, here's to the fact that I know he lacks the honesty and
integrity to count his own cluelessness.
The vast majority of his posts have nothing to do with shortwave. He
simply trumpets his own superiority by running down everyone else.
There is not the slightest iota of positivity in his shriveled soul.
Say what you want about RHF, but at least he's a friendly guy. No one
would ever make that conclusion assessing Telamon.
Come on folks! Make this a happier place by not reading, or at least
not re-posting, his constant attacks on everyone else.
Do you think he really owns a shortwave radio?
MWBRYANT
This is neither an endorsement nor a criticism of Telamon - On the
occasion when he posts about the technical aspects of shortwave, he
seems to know considerably about it. He also occasionally reports
reception. So, yepp, I really think he owns and uses a HF receiver.

Bruce Jensen- Hide quoted text -

BpnJ This is what I can find here on what Telamon 'claims'
to own, have, use in the way of Shortwave (HF) Radios :

-
I have a DX-380.
--
Telamon
Ventura, California
-
Speaking for myself I own four bands of radios not just Drake
so labeling me a "Drake loyalist" falls flat on its face.
--
Telamon
Ventura, California
-
I've used to tune ECSS are R8, R8B, Sony 7600 and AOR 7030+.
The R8B and Sony are able to operate in the selectable side band sync
mode.
--
Telamon
Ventura, California
-
I own an R8B and RX340.
--
Telamon
Ventura, California

So tell us Telamon - What Radios Do You Own
in fifty words or less. ~ RHF
.
-ps- Telamon be sure to Count this as another
one of my 'Clueless Posts' -cause- IT IS ! ;-{
.

Roy, I, myself own, SW-2, SW-8, AR-7030+, RF-3100, Hammarlund BC794
Super Pro, Halli S53-A, Ten-Tec RX 350, National NC-88 (2 of them),
Grundig Sat 500, Grundig Sat 700 (for Sale), Grundig Sat 650
Professional, HF-150, T/0 3000-1 (2), T/0 R7000....and those are just
what I can see from my desk. There are dozens of vintage Philcos,
Motorolas (Galvin build), A-K's and GE's.

I would imagine Telamon owns what he's claimed here, and several more.
Just as do a number of others in the group.

I have 4 communications receivers, 4 portables, and a National NC-125.
This is not counting the VHF-UHF receivers. I use the Drakes and the
ICOM for MW almost exclusively. (I'd be doing my usual winter thing of
listening to ComSta Kodiak but my random wire antenna got messed-up by
the Santa Anas and I'm not allowed to climb just yet.)

The only reason I'd listen to a 250 kW station on HF is because of the
content (no challenge to receiving a quarter of a million Watts) which I
can now get on satellite and/or web streams. I thoroughly enjoyed GHFS
but that's gone; the San Francisco ATC is a good test of the receiver
(listen for the pilots) but kinda boring.
Old January 30th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 28, 8:10 pm, Mike wrote:

RHF wrote:
[...]
seems to know considerably about it. Â*He also occasionally reports
reception. Â*So, yepp, I really think he owns and uses a HF receiver.

[...]

Â*.
-ps- Telamon be sure to Count this as another
one of my 'Clueless Posts' -cause- IT IS ! ;-{
Â*.

Â* Roy, I, myself own, SW-2, SW-8, AR-7030+, RF-3100, Hammarlund BC794
Super Pro, Halli S53-A, Ten-Tec RX 350, National NC-88 (2 of them),
Grundig Sat 500, Grundig Sat 700 (for Sale), Grundig Sat 650
Professional, HF-150, T/0 3000-1 (2), T/0 R7000....and those are just
what I can see from my desk. There are dozens of vintage Philcos,
Motorolas (Galvin build), A-K's and GE's.

Â* I would imagine Telamon owns what he's claimed here, and several more.
Just as do a number of others in the group.

I have 4 communications receivers, 4 portables, and a National NC-125.
This is not counting the VHF-UHF receivers. Â*I use the Drakes and the
ICOM for MW almost exclusively. Â*(I'd be doing my usual winter thing of
listening to ComSta Kodiak but my random wire antenna got messed-up by
the Santa Anas and I'm not allowed to climb just yet.)

The only reason I'd listen to a 250 kW station on HF is because of the
content (no challenge to receiving a quarter of a million Watts) which I
can now get on satellite and/or web streams. Â*I thoroughly enjoyed GHFS
but that's gone; Â*the San Francisco ATC is a good test of the receiver
(listen for the pilots) but kinda boring.- Hide quoted text -

When I asked if anyone thought Telamon had a SW receiver, I wasn't
asking everyone to prove their worthiness by listing their receivers.

I was making fun of Telamon's old routine of accusing me of not having
a shortwave receiver. Telamon claims to be the adjudicator of
"clueless" posts. Spend a few moments in the archives assessing his
own long-term (pre-2005) campaign of name-calling and cluelessness.
His techniques were established long ago.

He's not a physician, so I doubt his capabilities at healing himself.
His major displayed skill, so far, is pontification.

BTW, thanks for finally letting us know just what you do use your
radios for, David. I think we can all understand your boredom with SW
broadcasting a little better.

MWBRYANT
Old January 31st 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 29, 7:55*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Mike wrote:
RHF wrote:

Telamon,

Be assured that I will re-double my efforts
in the Name of "Clueless Posts". ~ RHF

-ps- Telamon be sure to Count this as another
one of my 'Clueless Posts' -cause- IT IS ! ;-{

As I've mentioned before, I can't imagine why anyone would bother to
read Telamon's self-sanctimonious drivel. If he's running a clueless
contest, here's to the fact that I know he lacks the honesty and
integrity to count his own cluelessness.

This is just an expected conclusion from a clueless individual.

The vast majority of his posts have nothing to do with shortwave.

And your post do? You mean like this post to which I'm replying?

He
simply trumpets his own superiority by running down everyone else.

Don't project your inferiority upon other people. They don't like it.

There is not the slightest iota of positivity in his shriveled soul.

I post about facts. You however come off very negative.

Say what you want about RHF, but at least he's a friendly guy.

I don't need your permission. I never wrote that he was not friendly.

No one would ever make that conclusion assessing Telamon.

You are wrong about this as in most things. No big surprise.

Come on folks! Make this a happier place by not reading, or at least
not re-posting, his constant attacks on everyone else.

You mean like you just did? Ha, ha, ha. You are such a funny guy.

Do you think he really owns a shortwave radio?

Very good Mikey. Looks like you are trying for a big comeback.

I think I missed the part in the by-laws where it says you must own a
SW radio in order to participate in this group. As for me - I can't
buy anything until I get my General and probably would be better to
wait until I have my Extra. And I have appreciated the posts on this
specific newgroup when I have asked questions about the exams and so
forth.

HOWEVER, I find all this off - topic verbose banter Far better, I
assure you all, than anything currently on t TV on Wednesday nite at
the 8 o'clock prime time hour. So, for that "almost free form of
entertainment" I do thank all of you - those of you who have clueless
posts and those of you who stick, more or less, to the topic of SW
radio. Have a pleasant evening.!!!

This news group is for SWL's. There are plenty of other news groups
dedicated to various aspects amateur radio. You don't need a license to
buy a receiver.

It helps to have a clue though and Mikey does not have any. Maybe you
can help him.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 31st 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article rzaoj.2187$w57.496@edtnps90, m II wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Pretty clueless Mikey but the current crop of clueless posters have you
beat by a mile.

Let's not get too arrogant here....you most certainly DON'T have him
beat by a mile.

You have him beat.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 31st 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

Pretty clueless Mikey but the current crop of clueless posters have you
beat by a mile.

Let's not get too arrogant here....you most certainly DON'T have him
beat by a mile.

You have him beat.

I wouldn't dare to presume being ahead of you in ANY endeavor.

Please feel free to continue your now normal off topic postings.

mike

Old January 31st 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article naboj.2207$w57.1007@edtnps90, m II wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Pretty clueless Mikey but the current crop of clueless posters have you
beat by a mile.
Let's not get too arrogant here....you most certainly DON'T have him
beat by a mile.

You have him beat.

I wouldn't dare to presume being ahead of you in ANY endeavor.

Snip

Noted.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 31st 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 30, 7:15*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
On Jan 29, 7:55*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*Mike wrote:
RHF wrote:

[...]

Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

OMG - El Telemundo - You Are Becoming a Net-Nazi !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_my_God
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telemundo
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Net+nazi
Old January 31st 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

OMG - El Telemundo - You Are Becoming a Net-Nazi !

"Becoming" a Net-Nazi"?????

Where have you been for the last couple of years???

Maybe you -should- get the "Clueless" Award for that statement alone! ;-)

-ps- Telamon be sure to Count* this as another one
of my 'Clueless Posts' -cause- IT IS ! ;-{
Plus Extra Credit for the : Cut, Copy and Paste Stuff. )
* Rec.Radio.Shortwave Newsgroup Readers :
Please I Need Your Votes ! -and- I Want Your Votes !
In this Weeks Race for the RRS "Clueless Troll" Award.
.

Old January 31st 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 31, 1:37*am, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
*Billy Burpelson wrote:

RHF wrote:

OMG - El Telemundo - You Are Becoming a Net-Nazi !

"Becoming" a Net-Nazi"?????

Where have you been for the last couple of years???

Maybe you -should- get the "Clueless" Award for that statement alone! * ;-)

Snip

The blind leading the blind.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Anyone that has ever castigated Steve Lare for one-line responses
should really take a look at Telamon's technique. At least Steve is
funny in his own exaggerated way. Telamon's responses are as bland as
his soul.

Clueless? Telamon wouldn't know a "clue" if it bit him.

MWBRYANT
Old January 31st 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Mike" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 1:37 am, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
Billy Burpelson wrote:

RHF wrote:

OMG - El Telemundo - You Are Becoming a Net-Nazi !

"Becoming" a Net-Nazi"?????

Where have you been for the last couple of years???

Maybe you -should- get the "Clueless" Award for that statement alone!
;-)

Snip

The blind leading the blind.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Anyone that has ever castigated Steve Lare for one-line responses
should really take a look at Telamon's technique. At least Steve is
funny in his own exaggerated way. Telamon's responses are as bland as
his soul.

Clueless? Telamon wouldn't know a "clue" if it bit him.

MWBRYANT

Welcome back by the way Mr. Bryant.