Old January 27th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default iBiquity HD Radio Status

"dxAce" wrote in message

D Peter Maus wrote:

RHF wrote:
On Jan 26, 10:25 am, D Peter Maus wrote:
Sun Chaser wrote:
In article ,
"Pete KE9OA" wrote:
Interesting thing about IBOC.............I e-mailed Senator Durbin
about the
IBOC interference on the MW band. I did receive a reply yesterday,
thanking
me for bringing up my concerns. He talked about high prices of
broadband
internet, and everything
EXCEPT IBOC. A true politician.
Do you actually think HE read the letter and wrote the reply himself?
Most likely, some aide or intern got the message and sent the wrong
stock reply.
Durbin is pretty widely known to be kept isolated from outside
influences, and is led around with the ring in his nose by his staff.
- It's very possible he's not aware of the interference caused by
- IBOC, and has, instead adopted the position of acceptance
- handed him by, as you said, an aide, or associate pursuant
- to political agendae, and contributorship.

DPM - And most likely the "Source" that the Aide used was the
IBOC Talking Points provided by the FCC and NAB. ) ~ RHF

Actually, Roy, most likely the source was a lobbyist working for
iBiquity.

Is 'Eduardo' moonlighting?

Actually, iBiquity has no lobbyists on the hill... just their on staff that
visits the FCC.

Old January 27th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message

But to the point...given what we've seen him post here, and the
inconsistencies in some of his claims, I've wondered if that's not
precisely what he's doing.

Nothing I've posted can top your claim based on having, once upon a time,
gotten a FORMAT added to a LOCAL buy that it would be easy to get an agency
to change the client DEMOS for a buy...

Old January 27th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

D Peter Maus wrote:

RHF wrote:
On Jan 26, 10:25 am, D Peter Maus wrote:
Sun Chaser wrote:
In article ,
"Pete KE9OA" wrote:
[...]

Not a good answer, 'Eduardo'..

Old January 27th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message

But to the point...given what we've seen him post here, and the
inconsistencies in some of his claims, I've wondered if that's not
precisely what he's doing.

Nothing I've posted can top your claim based on having, once upon a time,
gotten a FORMAT added to a LOCAL buy that it would be easy to get an agency
to change the client DEMOS for a buy...

Hogwash, your claim to have actually *owned* radio stations, your claim to have
held a valid *amateur radio license*, and your claim to be *Hispanic* amongst
others certainly tops 'em all...

Old January 27th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
But to the point...given what we've seen him post here, and the
inconsistencies in some of his claims, I've wondered if that's not
precisely what he's doing.

Nothing I've posted can top your claim based on having, once upon a time,
gotten a FORMAT added to a LOCAL buy that it would be easy to get an agency
to change the client DEMOS for a buy...

Sweetheart....no one, not even me, said it was easy. I said it was
possible. And it is. It happens every day.

Why? Because the station develops a relationship with the agency.

Orders and purchases are about the product.

SALES, on the other hand, is about relationships.

No one has ever said that building the relationship is easy. But it
IS possible. Because it happens every day. EVERY DAY.

And someone with your experience knows that.

And for those of you in Rio Linda, the above is an example of one of
those inconsistencies to which I referred.

Old January 27th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 27, 1:10*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in ...

* But to the point...given what we've seen him post here, and the
inconsistencies in some of his claims, I've wondered if that's not
precisely what he's doing.

Nothing I've posted can top your claim based on having, once upon a time,
gotten a FORMAT added to a LOCAL buy that it would be easy to get an agency
to change the client DEMOS for a buy...

Nothing you've posted can top a blank screen.
Old January 27th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message

But to the point...given what we've seen him post here, and the
inconsistencies in some of his claims, I've wondered if that's not
precisely what he's doing.

Nothing I've posted can top your claim based on having, once upon a time,
gotten a FORMAT added to a LOCAL buy that it would be easy to get an
agency
to change the client DEMOS for a buy...

Hogwash, your claim to have actually *owned* radio stations, your claim to
have
held a valid *amateur radio license*, and your claim to be *Hispanic*
amongst
others certainly tops 'em all...

I owned 12 operating stations, "bought" a ham license (there was no exam
for anyone, just a fee) and am, by US definition, Hispanic as that is my
culture, the one I live every day.

Old January 27th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
But to the point...given what we've seen him post here, and the
inconsistencies in some of his claims, I've wondered if that's not
precisely what he's doing.

Nothing I've posted can top your claim based on having, once upon a time,
gotten a FORMAT added to a LOCAL buy that it would be easy to get an
agency to change the client DEMOS for a buy...

Sweetheart....no one, not even me, said it was easy. I said it was
possible. And it is. It happens every day.

I spoke with execs from a major national rep firm, and they say, just as I
do, that getting an agency to change a demo is next to impossible. One of
them, a few weeks ago in NYC, said they could not even remember the last
time they heard of it happening.

What stations do is adjust pricing so that whatever amount of listening in
the target demo that the station has is competitive with the agency goal for
that demo. The spillage is free.

Why? Because the station develops a relationship with the agency.

Agencies don't set demos. The client does, and the demo is usually based on
ROI.and product design, boh of which are inmutable.

SALES, on the other hand, is about relationships.

Relationships can get you considered if your are 7th in a demo and the buy
is only five deep. They can not change the demo spec from the client

No one has ever said that building the relationship is easy. But it IS
possible. Because it happens every day. EVERY DAY.

And someone with your experience knows that.

And for those of you in Rio Linda, the above is an example of one of
those inconsistencies to which I referred.

When my experience, as GSM and NSM as well as GM, our managers' experience
and our rep's experience all say that changing a demo spec happens once in a
blue moon, I believe them more than your single anecdote. What you describe
seldom if ever happens, even with the best relationships as the agency
relationship with the client is not going to be sacrificed for a friendship
with a radio station when radio is and has been a small part of the average
client's budget.

Old January 27th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message

But to the point...given what we've seen him post here, and the
inconsistencies in some of his claims, I've wondered if that's not
precisely what he's doing.

Nothing I've posted can top your claim based on having, once upon a time,
gotten a FORMAT added to a LOCAL buy that it would be easy to get an
agency
to change the client DEMOS for a buy...

Hogwash, your claim to have actually *owned* radio stations, your claim to
have
held a valid *amateur radio license*, and your claim to be *Hispanic*
amongst
others certainly tops 'em all...

I owned 12 operating stations, "bought" a ham license (there was no exam
for anyone, just a fee) and am, by US definition, Hispanic as that is my
culture, the one I live every day.

'Eduardo', you are so full of s**t, I could just puke! You've never *owned* one
single radio station, nor have you ever held an amateur radio license. And, you
are certainly not *Hispanic*...