Old January 26th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Myanmar (Burma) - Myanma Radio

On Jan 26, 7:51*am, dxAce wrote:
Myanma Radio, 5985.8, making a fairly good appearance here this morning between
1300 and 1330. Unfortunately, I've never had propagation hold up to be able to
hear their English program beginning at 1430.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I know what you mean. I tried countless times to hear their English pgm to no avail. But one thing nice about their language is it's so distinctive. I think I first got their QSL in the mid 1980's. Nice catch for you...wish I could hear them here in Oklahoma these days, but there's just too much noise which I'll be working on when it's not so cold.

Old January 26th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Koikus wrote:

On Jan 26, 7:51 am, dxAce wrote:
Myanma Radio, 5985.8, making a fairly good appearance here this morning between
1300 and 1330. Unfortunately, I've never had propagation hold up to be able to
hear their English program beginning at 1430.

I know what you mean. I tried countless times to hear their English pgm to no avail. But one thing nice about their language is it's so distinctive. I think I first got their QSL in the mid 1980's. Nice catch for you...wish I could hear them here in Oklahoma these days, but there's just too much noise which I'll be working on when it's not so cold.

I still have no QSL, though I have only sent them one report so far. I have seen a report of a QSL fairly recently and the report was sent via registered mail.

That'll be the way my report goes out on Monday.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 26th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

..

I still have no QSL, though I have only sent them one report so far. I have seen a report of a QSL fairly recently and the report was sent via registered mail.

That'll be the way my report goes out on Monday.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

My QSL I think was pure luck of the draw. I believe I sent my report
via registered also. I wish you the same luck!
Old January 26th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Koikus wrote:

.

I still have no QSL, though I have only sent them one report so far. I have seen a report of a QSL fairly recently and the report was sent via registered mail.

That'll be the way my report goes out on Monday.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

My QSL I think was pure luck of the draw. I believe I sent my report
via registered also. I wish you the same luck!

TNX, we'll see what shows up!

Old January 26th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Koikus wrote:

.

I still have no QSL, though I have only sent them one report so far. I have seen a report of a QSL fairly recently and the report was sent via registered mail.

That'll be the way my report goes out on Monday.

My QSL I think was pure luck of the draw. I believe I sent my report
via registered also. I wish you the same luck!

TNX, we'll see what shows up!

I'll also let everyone know on Monday just how much it costs to send a letter via registered mail to Myanmar these days.

Old February 6th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Koikus wrote:

.

I still have no QSL, though I have only sent them one report so far. I have seen a report of a QSL fairly recently and the report was sent via registered mail.

That'll be the way my report goes out on Monday.

My QSL I think was pure luck of the draw. I believe I sent my report
via registered also. I wish you the same luck!

TNX, we'll see what shows up!

I'll also let everyone know on Monday just how much it costs to send a letter via registered mail to Myanmar these days.

It was $11.05 to Myanmar (Burma).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 6th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You could point a shootin iron at my head,,,,,,,, I still wouldn't go to
Myanmar, Burma,,, or whatever they call that screwed up ''place''.

Sometimes (I gggoooooo downnnnnn to old China Townnnnnnnn,,,,,,) I think
about moving to one of those little Isles off the wild and wooley West
Coast of Ireland, or Scotland.

I am going back to the Wagon, folks,,,, there Boots are killing me!
cuhulin
is nowwwwww officially over.Untill next year.

Myanmar (Burma) dxAce Shortwave 0 November 23rd 06 01:18 PM
Burma dxAce Shortwave 1 October 19th 06 01:47 PM
Radio burma markey Shortwave 5 March 7th 06 12:45 PM
Burma-Radio Myanmar N8KDV Shortwave 3 January 28th 04 12:59 PM