Old February 2nd 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default New Antenna

Looks as though Universal is offering up a new Hy-Power AB-SWL-SL shortwave
sloper antenna:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/5062.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 2nd 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
Looks as though Universal is offering up a new Hy-Power AB-SWL-SL
shortwave
sloper antenna:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/5062.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Are you going to try it Steve? Looks like it might be allright?

BH

Old February 2nd 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Looks as though Universal is offering up a new Hy-Power AB-SWL-SL
shortwave
sloper antenna:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/5062.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Are you going to try it Steve? Looks like it might be allright?

I rather doubt I'll be trying it, Brian. Tentative plans here are to try and put
up an inverted vee this coming summer for 60 meters, and then use that for other
bands as well with an antenna tuner. Not even sure anymore if it would even be
worthwhile to try it, but I might have a go with it.

I do have a used Eavesdropper C for sale, minus the static arrestor, for $25.00
+ shipping, in case anyone might be interested.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 2nd 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:10:20 -0600, "Brian Hill" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Looks as though Universal is offering up a new Hy-Power AB-SWL-SL
shortwave
sloper antenna:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/5062.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Are you going to try it Steve? Looks like it might be allright?

BH

I'm not Steve but will offer my comment anyway. It looks very much
like the Alpha-Delta sloper in length and with the inductive coils.
The prime difference seems to be that it accepts coax or ladder line.
Old February 2nd 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

How you doing? Sunn Gitar Amp, Brian Hill, in Zumbrota,Minnesota.Where
is my money? I still have all of the emails you sent me.(you think I
don't float them all over the World?,,, Think again!) I reckon you did
pretty good on ebay with that Sunn Amp I sent you via UPS,,,, Huh Huh
Huh,,,,,,,, Pretty Boy Floyd?????????
cuhulin, in Jackson,Mississippi U.S.A.

Old February 2nd 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

heyyyyyyy,,, Brian.How's the weather? (In the Great State of Minnesota?)
You are suppose to say, Fine F...... Weather! It is fair to middlin sort
of warm weather here in Jacksooooooonnnn,Mee see see pee pee eye.Going
to get up into the 70s purt soon.
cuhulin, hates snow

Old February 2nd 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
Looks as though Universal is offering up a new Hy-Power AB-SWL-SL
shortwave
sloper antenna:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/5062.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Are you going to try it Steve? Looks like it might be allright?

BH

If he doesn't I will.

Old February 2nd 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Last time I ''tried/did'' was back in the 1970s.That's a whole nother
''storey'' though.Not applical here.y'all wouldn't understood anyway.
cuhulin

Old February 2nd 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Doe wrote:

Why is the Eavesdropper minus the static arrestor?

Because I'm keeping it?