Old February 7th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 5 Ways to Improve HD Radio Reception

The folks at RadioSherpa provide a very telling perspective about
improving reception for HD Radios.

They 5 keys are very funny.

http://radiosherpa.blogspot.com/
Old February 7th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HD Radio Humor - 5 Keys to Improving HD Radio Reception

On Feb 7, 9:31*am, wrote:
-
- The folks at RadioSherpa provide a very telling perspective
- about improving reception for HD Radios.
-
- They 5 keys are very funny.
-
- http://radiosherpa.blogspot.com/
-

Looks Like -another- I B OC'Deed and Half-Crocked 'morph'

HD Radio Humor - 5 Keys to Improving HD Radio Reception
http://groups.google.com/group/hd-ra...42e758104caf4a

http://radiosherpa.blogspot.com/2008...eception..html

"You may not know this, but HD Radio Signals Broadcast
at 1/100th the Power of the traditional Analog Radio Signal.
Basic physics tells us that this means that the Range (and
the ability to deal with Radio Interference) of the HD Radio
Signal will be less than that of your old Analog Radio."

Points Out a Key Problem with the "HD" Radio scheme
that was approved by the FCC the 1% Power Restriction.

There should have been a Multi-Year Phased-In Digital Power
Management Scheme for the continued Improvement of the
"HD" Radio Sugnal and the Phasing-Out of the 'old' Analog
Radio Signals.

First Year = 1 % of the Analog ERP with a Full 100 % Analog Signal

2~3 Years = 2 % of the Analog ERP with a 10 % Reduction
of the Analog Signal

4~6 Years = 4 % of the Analog ERP with a 20 % Reduction
of the Analog Signal

7~10 Years = 8 % of the Analog ERP with a 40 % Reduction
of the Analog Signal

TERMINATION - End All Analog Broadcasting After 10 Years.

hy dee ray dee oh ~ RHF
Hello and Welcome to the "HD Radio" NewsGroup
HD RADIO = http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
Old February 8th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

-

HDRadioHumor - 5 Keys to ImprovingHDRadioReceptionhttp://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/msg/2442e758104caf4a

http://radiosherpa.blogspot.com/2008...ng-hd-radio-re...

[...]

*.

RHF: All true...The HD Alliance is now petitioning the FCC for
ability to increase the HD broadcast power. We posted some more
tangibe advice to improve reception for those who already have HD
radios today:
http://radiosherpa.blogspot.com/

Old February 8th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HD Radio Facts - 7 Keys to Improving HD Radio Reception

On Feb 8, 7:06*am, wrote:
On Feb 7, 1:21*pm, RHF wrote:

On Feb 7, 9:31*am, wrote:
-
[...]

Radio Sherpa - That would be :

7 Keys to Improving HD Radio Reception
{ This Time They are for Real ! :-}
-dated- Friday, February 8, 2008
http://radiosherpa.blogspot.com/2008...reception.html
http://groups.google.com/group/hd-ra...2018edd8b1575d

#1 - Use an FM Folded Dipole Antenna
It's Simple Basic and It Works !

Check-Out the 'other' Six... at the "Radio Sherpa" BLOG

Old February 8th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drape an empty Beer can upside down on your radio's whip antenna.(drink
all of the Beer out of that can first though) I did it, on one of my
AM/FM/Shortwave radios that I had accidently yanked over one night when
I was in one of my drunken stupors on doggy's couch and I broke off part
of that antenna.(I can't blame that on my little doggy) It sure does
improve the sound quality when I listen to Paul Gallo's radio squawk
shew and Garden Mama's www.gardenmama.com radio squawk shew and JT
and Dave's radio squawk shew on, www.supertalkms.com
cuhulin

Old February 8th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 8, 10:40*am, wrote:
Drape an empty Beer can upside down on your radio's whip antenna.(drink
all of the Beer out of that can first though) I did it, on one of my
AM/FM/Shortwave radios that I had accidently yanked over one night when
I was in one of my drunken stupors on doggy's couch and I broke off part
of that antenna.(I can't blame that on my little doggy) It sure does
improve the sound quality when I listen to Paul Gallo's radio squawk
shew and Garden Mama's *www.gardenmama.com* radio squawk shew and JT
and Dave's radio squawk shew on, * *www.supertalkms.com
cuhulin * * *

Cuhulin - Maybe the Beer Can Antenna works better with . . .
Canned Programming ) ~ RHF
Old February 8th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:40 am, wrote:
Drape an empty Beer can upside down on your radio's whip antenna.(drink
all of the Beer out of that can first though) I did it, on one of my
AM/FM/Shortwave radios that I had accidently yanked over one night when
I was in one of my drunken stupors on doggy's couch and I broke off part
of that antenna.(I can't blame that on my little doggy) It sure does
improve the sound quality when I listen to Paul Gallo's radio squawk
shew and Garden Mama's www.gardenmama.com radio squawk shew and JT
and Dave's radio squawk shew on, www.supertalkms.com
cuhulin

Cuhulin - Maybe the Beer Can Antenna works better with . . .
Canned Programming ) ~ RHF
.

Mostly Jim Ed Brown albums.
Old February 8th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Doggy's right front leg, stickin up in the air, it's just like a stick
shift on a truck.
cuhulin