Old February 7th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Does Sony still make SW radios?

I want to buy a portable shortwave radio ... my beloved 20 year old
Sony ICF 2002 has finally died and I can't find anyone who will repair
it.
I'd like to get another Sony ... I really like the SW7600 GR but
can't find it for sale anywhere ...

Actually I can't find any Sony SW radios anywhere (I'm in
Canada) ... have Sony left the portable SW market entirely?

What would you folks recommend then ... for about $150?.
Is the Grundig G5 any good?
Many thanks.

Old February 8th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

samos writes:

I want to buy a portable shortwave radio ... my beloved 20 year old
Sony ICF 2002 has finally died and I can't find anyone who will repair
it.
I'd like to get another Sony ... I really like the SW7600 GR but
can't find it for sale anywhere ...

Amazon is selling them:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICF-SW760...290 35&sr=8-1

Cheers,

Paul.

--
http://shortwwwave.com/
Old February 8th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-ICF-2010-AI...mZ140203810055

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-AIR-FM-LW-S...mZ220199080805

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-ICF-SW7600G...mZ160205573136

Old February 8th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Paul Dwerryhouse" wrote in message
samos writes:

I want to buy a portable shortwave radio ... my beloved 20 year old
Sony ICF 2002 has finally died and I can't find anyone who will repair
it.
I'd like to get another Sony ... I really like the SW7600 GR but
can't find it for sale anywhere ...

SEE UNIVERSAL RADIO URL:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable.html

LISTS

ICF-SW11 Analog LW/AM/FM/SW-9
ICF-SW12 Analog LW/AM/FM/SW-9
ICF-SW35 Digital LW/AM/FM/SW
ICF-SW7600GR Digital LW/AM/FM/SW

LAMONT

Old February 8th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Does Sony Still Make Shortwave Radios ? - Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FMShortwave Radio Buying Info

-
- I'd like *to get another Sony ...
- I really like the SW7600 GR but can't find it for sale anywhere ...
-
- Actually *I can't find any Sony SW radios anywhere
-*(I'm in Canada) ...
- have Sony left the portable SW market entirely?
-
- What would you folks recommend then ... for about $150?.
- Is the Grundig G5 any good?
- Many thanks.
-

SAMOS,

Does Sony Still Make Shortwave Radios ? - YES !

Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio Buying Info :

1 - Sony ICF-SW7600GR Stereo FM/AM Shortwave Radio
World Band Receiver
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=1627439
-source- J&R Electronics Inc. - http://www.jr.com/
Copyright © 1997 - 2008, J&R Electronics Inc.
-Most/Many- Newsgroup Readers here would say that
J&R Electronics is a good company to do business with.

-or- Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave World Band
Receiver with Single Side Band Reception
-from- J&R Electronics -via- Amazon.Com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...KQS&v =glance

2 - Give Universal-Radio a Call for their 'price' on the
Sony ICF-SW7600GR LW/AM/FM/SW Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0360.html
Universal-Radio [800] Toll-Free Phone : 1-800-431-3939
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/intro.html

3 - More Buying Choices for the Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio
http://www3.dealtime.com/xPO-Sony-ICF-SW7600
http://www99.shopping.com/xPO-Sony-ICF-SW7600
http://shopping.superpages.com/icf+sw7600gr~BEFID_87211

hope this helps ~ RHF

Old February 8th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

samos wrote:
I want to buy a portable shortwave radio ... my beloved 20 year old
Sony ICF 2002 has finally died and I can't find anyone who will repair
it.
I'd like to get another Sony ... I really like the SW7600 GR but
can't find it for sale anywhere ...

Actually I can't find any Sony SW radios anywhere (I'm in
Canada) ... have Sony left the portable SW market entirely?

What would you folks recommend then ... for about $150?.
Is the Grundig G5 any good?
Many thanks.

You might try the yahoo sony 2010 group. there is a person
who post there that repairs them. worth a shot. great radio,
hate to see it go bad.

Drifter...
Old February 8th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mc mc is offline

Maybe the speaker failed or the headphone jack contacts are corroded.
Try plugging in head phones and see if they work. If they do it might
fix the speaker problem.

In fact the headphone jack of my Sony 2001 (about the same age) just
recently fell all apart. To use the radio without headphones you have to
solder together a couple of contacts inside.

If the headphone jack hasn't fallen apart, cleaning it is a good idea. Put
a drop of isopropyl alcohol or contact cleaner on a headphone plug, plug it
in and take it out several times.

Old February 8th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

samos wrote:
the sound went ... it's very faint ... even with the volume cranked
up. it picks up stations just fine ... but i can barely hear them.
this sound problem happened all of a sudden. it's a mystery. i took it
to a sony dealer here and thye said something about a part being
corroded. i didnt junderstand, and they were the least interested in
dealing with it. sorry i cant be more specific about what the problem
might be.

"samos" wrote in message

I want to buy a portable shortwave radio ... my beloved 20 year old
Sony ICF 2002 has finally died and I can't find anyone who will repair
it.
I'd like to get another Sony ... I really like the SW7600 GR but
can't find it for sale anywhere ...
Actually I can't find any Sony SW radios anywhere (I'm in
Canada) ... have Sony left the portable SW market entirely?
What would you folks recommend then ... for about $150?.
Is the Grundig G5 any good?
Many thanks.

Get a Q-tip, cut one end off, use the shaft to cycle your headphone jack
a few times.
Old February 8th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com The Travel Channel Walking the World Dingle
Ireland
cuhulin

AM only radios..............does anybody still make them? [email protected] Shortwave 0 January 8th 06 08:20 AM
AM only radios..............does anybody still make them? Pete KE9OA Shortwave 5 January 8th 06 07:16 AM
sony radios bulbulov Shortwave 0 March 28th 05 01:22 PM
w.t.b old broken and new hf radios wanted any make or model Silvio Boatanchors 0 November 24th 04 02:05 PM
w.t.b old broken and new hf radios wanted any make or model Silvio Boatanchors 0 November 24th 04 02:05 PM