Old February 10th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BBC in NYC

I was in NYC last week and surprised at how good the reception was in
my hotel room with a sony 7600gr and the random wire they provide,
compared to reception in Los Angeles generally.
Question though: I wasn't able to find the BBC, whereas in LA I catch
the Africa broadcasts very well. What frequencies/times do listeners
in/around NYC catch the BBC on shortwave? Thanks.

Old February 10th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"tom k in L.A." wrote:

I was in NYC last week and surprised at how good the reception was in
my hotel room with a sony 7600gr and the random wire they provide,
compared to reception in Los Angeles generally.
Question though: I wasn't able to find the BBC, whereas in LA I catch
the Africa broadcasts very well. What frequencies/times do listeners
in/around NYC catch the BBC on shortwave? Thanks.

15400 should be good from 1500-2300. That's generally what I listen to during my
local afternoon.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 10th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

"tom k in L.A." wrote:

I was in NYC last week and surprised at how good the reception was in
my hotel room with a sony 7600gr and the random wire they provide,
compared to reception in Los Angeles generally.
Question though: I wasn't able to find the BBC, whereas in LA I catch
the Africa broadcasts very well. What frequencies/times do listeners
in/around NYC catch the BBC on shortwave? Thanks.

15400 should be good from 1500-2300. That's generally what I listen to during my
local afternoon.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

1500z is 10A local in Mitchigan, no?

Old February 13th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default BBC World Service Weekly Email Network {Sign-Up}

BBC World Service Weekly Email Network {Sign-Up}
http://er.bsysmail.com/go.asp?/.page...urce=bbcwsmain
An Essential Weekly Guide to your favourite BBC World Service
Programmes packed with Programme Highights on World Affairs,
Arts, Science and Sports
{BBC-WS News and Information about BBC-WS News and Information}

- = BBC-WS "LISTEN LIVE" = -

BBC World Service News "World Briefing"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...nbram=1&nbwm=1

BBC-WS HEADLINES
Listen to the BBC World Service "News Bulletins"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...nbwm=1&ls=t794

BBC-WS = http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/

Old February 13th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default BBC World Service - Shortwave Radio Broadcast Changes {Closures} forEurope

BBC World Service - Shortwave Radio Broadcast Changes {Closures} for
Europe

February 2008 - The remaining BBC World Service Shortwave
Radio Transmissions to Europe will CLOSE on 18th February 2008.

Listening to the BBC World Service in Europe and Western Russia
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/he...ern_euro.shtml
Alternative Ways to Hear the BBC World Service
* Local AM/MW & FM Radio Stations
* Cable Radio Audio Service
* Satellite Radio Broadcasts
* Medium and Long Wave Radio