Old February 18th 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Report: Chinese ship sinks off Philippines (CNN)

""""Report: Chinese ship sinks off Philippines
02/17/08 09:07 PM, EST
A Chinese vessel sank in the northern Philippines, and 28 crew members were
reported missing, a coast guard spokesman said Monday. """

I am only 100 miles or so away but I had gone to bed.

I monitor 2182,2670 and 500 plus the Japanese's, Chinese and Philippine
Coast Guard.

Burr

Old February 18th 08, 08:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 18, 12:08*am, "Burr" wrote:
""""Report: Chinese ship sinks off Philippines
02/17/08 09:07 PM, EST
A Chinese vessel sank in the northern Philippines, and 28 crew members were
reported missing, a coast guard spokesman said Monday. """

I am only 100 miles or so away but I had gone to bed.

I monitor 2182,2670 and 500 plus the Japanese's, Chinese and Philippine
Coast Guard.

Burr

Good catch Burr, I started monitoring it on my modded out DX394 then
switched to my Hammarlund 129X with Heathkit Q-Multiplier piped into a
couple nice stacks- I got the heads up from of buddy. Pretty exciting
IMO- those are the types of monitoring sessions that everyone IMO
thinks about and when they go down it's pretty cool.

I remember three or four years ago monitoring a fishing vessel that
was going down calling mayday in the Caspian sea then read about it
seven days later, I wondered why it took sevens days for the print
media to hit on it. Some of the things that make you go "Hmmmmmm".

Report: Chinese ship sinks off Philippines (CNN) Burr Scanner 0 February 18th 08 05:17 AM
Philippines Burr Scanner 1 August 24th 05 02:09 PM
Philippines Burr Scanner 0 September 17th 04 03:55 PM
Heat sinks/variable transformers/misc offered Roy Brock Homebrew 2 January 10th 04 06:43 AM
Heat sinks/variable transformers/misc offered Roy Brock Homebrew 0 January 9th 04 10:31 PM