Old February 19th 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sony ANLP-1 Antenna

Anyone know where I can buy a Sony ANLP-1 antenna? Apparently like a
lot of Sony SW stuff, it's no longer being made. But perhaps it's
available from some small retailer somewhere.
Thanks

Old February 19th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"J @ Hotmail" wrote in
:

On Ebay last week. Complete with all mounting brackets. They show
up from time to time.
"samos" wrote in message
.
..
Anyone know where I can buy a Sony ANLP-1 antenna? Apparently like a
lot of Sony SW stuff, it's no longer being made. But perhaps it's
available from some small retailer somewhere.
Thanks

The ANLP-1 doesn't use 'mounting brackets' -- it's the round pop-open
portable unit. There is someone on ebay selling new ones continuously.
Old February 19th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Right, the twist and fold model. 'Never know what will pop up on Ebay
though.
"SamSez" wrote in message
"J @ Hotmail" wrote in
:

On Ebay last week. Complete with all mounting brackets. They show
up from time to time.
"samos" wrote in message
.
..

Old February 19th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Sony AN-LP1 Portable SWL Active Antenna ?

On Feb 19, 4:36*am, samos wrote:
- Anyone know where I can buy a Sony ANLP-1 *antenna?
- Apparently like a lot of Sony SW stuff, it's no longer being made.
- But perhaps it's available from some small retailer somewhere.
- Thanks

Samos,

eBay : Sony AN-LP1 Portable SWL Active Antenna
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ130199521457
Covers Shortwave Bands Only : 3.85 MHz ~ 21.95 MHz

eBay Seller : "buyfromjapan" Buy-From-Japan
http://stores.ebay.com/buyfromjapan

-More-Info- Sony AN-LP1 Portable SWL Active Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...3b1b7b54401814

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF

Old February 20th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Here is the only source, of which I am aware, for this antenna new:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/buyfro...Q2dLP1QQsofpZ0

According to PASSPORT TO WORLD BAND RADIO Edition 2008, page 205, this
dealer is quite reputable and ships quickly. If you desire one of
these (and, in my opinion, it is the very best external antenna for
compact portable shortwave radios), I should recommend that you act
fast. No one knows for how much longer this antenna will be available.
Frankly I can't imagine any owner wanting to sell his/hers unless he/
she has mistreated and damaged the antenna in some way. I own and use
five (5) and I certainly wouldn't sell any of them!

Best,

Joe

ANLP-1 For Sale John Miller Shortwave 4 October 25th 07 03:57 PM
ANLP-1 For Sale John Miller Swap 0 October 20th 07 10:22 AM
Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna - Battery Power and On-Off Switching with the Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio. RHF Shortwave 0 January 22nd 06 02:40 PM
FS on ebay - Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio & Sony AN-LP1 Active Loop Antenna [email protected] Shortwave 17 October 28th 05 04:21 PM
Sony ICF-SW7600 / Sony ICF-SW7600G / Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio Information & Links RHF Shortwave 0 January 1st 05 11:02 PM