Old March 7th 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default NP2G : What a Waste-of-Bandwidth

On Mar 1, 12:50*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Mar 1, 9:46*am, m II wrote:
*.
NP2G : What a Waste-of-Bandwidth
*.
Mike - What a Waste-of-Bandwidth ~ RHF
*.

- - NP2G = Newsgroup Ping-Pong Game
- - .
-
- So what do you call it when a Trolling moron like you
- uses up bandwidth?
-
- You are a waste of time.
-
- If you lived around me I would just shun you as everyone
- around you does now.
-
- It's pretty clear none has anything to do with you.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon,

That is why I had to "Thank You" for the 33% increase
in my Newsgroup Readership during the-Height-of your
Clueless Campaign against me. It was exciting )

as clueless as ever ~ RHF
Old March 7th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC : Snippets from an HD-Radio Reporter...

On Mar 6, 6:42*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Mar 5, 6:27*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,
*D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

IBOCcrock wrote:

Got these responses yesterday from a newpaper reporter in Florida, for
an article they just ran on HD Radio:

******,

Glad to peruse your blog. *Thanks for the technical lesson. *I
appreciate it. HD Radio smelled of smoke and mirrors when I first
began researching the article, and I didn't change my mind when I
finished writing it. *I have XM satellite and it is more than I need,
AND I enjoy the choices. Perhaps HD stands for Humpty-Dumpty; who
knows? In the long run, market always has a way of "rewarding" such
chicanery.

It seems as though the FCC is turning a deaf ear to the interference
problem. *Of course, that's not so rare for Cabinet-level agencies. Be
well, and keep up the valuable service you've been doing, and thank
you for the feedback. *My editor was very happy with the article for
helping her sort out the bull**** from the bourbon.

Or, in the case of 'Eduardo', it would be a question of separating the
bull****
from the tequila.

* *I've never been convinced that what he posts here is actually a
bone-deep belief. Lately, I've been more aware of the sense that he's as
much trying to convince himself of the veracity of his positions as he
is trying to convince us.

* *As much as I'd like to believe IBOCCrock's position that HD is DOA,
it's guys like David, and the general level of executive/manglement I've
worked with at Radio, who will continue to milk/morph/tweak/tune HD
until it either dies a staggering and ignominious death, or it finally
becomes viable, though in a form likely not yet realized. It's not going
to simply vanish. Not only two years out with as much as has been
invested. Spectacular failures usually take a decade to gestate.

* *Till then, the shills will continue to hawk, demean, and argue.

* *And contrary to their own assertions, they neither hear, nor will
listen to anything that conflicts their chosen stance.

David has been to busy eating crow these days to do much of that. I just
picked up the March Monitoring times and the word from Ken Reitz who was
there at the CES show shares my opinion of the state HD semiconductor
development. He things Samsung will have next generation HD chips next
fall at the earliest so any new radio set developments are moved into
2009. In ant event the outlook for portable HD radios is poor due to
power and antenna requirements.

Telamon,

In reality the 'portable' HD-Radio will be part of the Third Wave
of HD-Radio deployment and adoption.

The First Wave - Presently there are first and second
generation HD-Radios for the Home; and these Home
HD-Radios do not have Power as an identifiable issue :
Because they run-off of the House's AC Power {Mains}.

The Second Wave - The "Big Advancement" toward the
Earliy Adoption of HD-Radio will come in the placement
of HD-Radios in Cars and Trucks. *Again like in the Home
Power is not and identifiable issue with HD-Radio in the
Car since the HD-Radio runs-off the Car's self-charging
12 Volt Systems.

SNIP

I would like to address this "2 wave" if you don't mind. Another
individual tried to pass this off as second generation but I don't see
it that way. Here you make the argument that the same radio in placed in
cars and trucks constitutes a second wave.

I don't see it that way. For me the change would have to be much larger
than sticking the same thing in a mobile unit. This kind of change looks
like 1.0 to 1.1 instead of 1.0 to 2.0 and is minor at best. The change
is too small to warrant a 1 to 2. For a 1 to 2 change it would have to
have a real impact on how people use it or how its use would affects the
user. That would be looking at it from the user perspective.

From the generational perspective an example would be tube to discrete
solid state to integrated circuits would be 2 generations. Here HD has
not changed either so where does the "2nd wave" or "2nd generation" come
from? Beats me.

No real impact on the user or change in implementation means wave or
generation 1.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

Telamon,

You are clearly Thinking along Technology Change Lines
and that is well and good.

While I am simply Thinking along The Line of Social Change :
Experiance to Knowledge to Acceptance to Adaptation plus
Acquisition and Intergration of a Technology by an Individual
as a Member of a Society : Reflecting That Society.

Micro and Macro Social Change in the Use of a Technology
Old-to-New by a Society.

managing change the continuous process
of individual and societal growth ~ RHF
Old March 9th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Snippets from an HD Radio reporter...

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Mar 1, 12:50*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Mar 1, 9:46*am, m II wrote:
*.
[...]

.

Yes you are a retard. You should have answered this 7 days ago.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 11th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Billy Burpelson wrote:

Telamon wrote [about RHF]:

Yes you are a retard. You should have answered this 7 days ago.

He "should" have answered this 7 days ago?

Is that an order?

Says who?

YOU? The Supreme Commander of the news group?

He can answer if (or when) he pleases.

(I guess it's that danged ego of yours is acting up again...) :-(

Well, Billy boy my post was from a week ago and retard posts here every
day. Now get lost bozo.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 11th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Mar 8, 10:58*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Mar 1, 12:50*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Mar 1, 9:46*am, m II wrote:
*.
NP2G : What a Waste-of-Bandwidth
*.
Mike - What a Waste-of-Bandwidth ~ RHF
*.
- - NP2G = Newsgroup Ping-Pong Game
- - .
-
- So what do you call it when a Trolling moron like you
- uses up bandwidth?
-
- You are a waste of time.
-
- If you lived around me I would just shun you as everyone
- around you does now.
-
- It's pretty clear none has anything to do with you.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

- - Telamon,
- -
- - That is why I had to "Thank You" for the 33% increase
- - in my Newsgroup Readership during the-Height-of your
- - Clueless Campaign against me. *It was exciting )
- -
- - as clueless as ever ~ RHF
- - *.
-
- Yes you are a retard. You should have answered this 7 days ago.
-

Telamon,

If as you say I am a 'retard' and you "Choose"
to play a Newsgroup Ping-Pong Game with me.
.

No. I say you are a retard and I would prefer you harass some other news
group.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old March 11th 08, 10:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PONG : NPPG : What a Waste-of-Bandwidth

On Mar 10, 6:34*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
*Billy Burpelson wrote:

Telamon wrote [about RHF]:

Yes you are a retard. You should have answered this 7 days ago.

He "should" have answered this 7 days ago?

Is that an order?

Says who?

YOU? The Supreme Commander of the news group?

He can answer if (or when) he pleases.

(I guess it's that danged ego of yours is acting up again...) * :-(

-
- Well, Billy boy my post was from a week ago
- and retard posts here every day.
-
- Now get lost bozo.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California

Hello Everone,

For any Bozo's out here who are having trouble "Getting Lost".

Please follow the trail of Bread Crumbs that Telamon leaves
behind him as he Takes-a-Hike through the Bird Sanctuary )

the devil made me do it ~ RHF
http://rev-ed.blogspot.com/2005/04/f...ade-me-do.html
Old March 12th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Mar 10, 6:34*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
*Billy Burpelson wrote:

Telamon wrote [about RHF]:

Yes you are a retard. You should have answered this 7 days ago.

He "should" have answered this 7 days ago?

Is that an order?

Says who?

YOU? The Supreme Commander of the news group?

He can answer if (or when) he pleases.

(I guess it's that danged ego of yours is acting up again...) * :-(

-
- Well, Billy boy my post was from a week ago
- and retard posts here every day.
-
- Now get lost bozo.
-

Hello Everone,

Hi retard.

For any Bozo's out here who are having trouble "Getting Lost".

Please follow the trail of Bread Crumbs that Telamon leaves
behind him as he Takes-a-Hike through the Bird Sanctuary )

Oh, I see what happened here. I used the word bozo and naturally you
thought I was speaking of you.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

BBC Reporter Freed dxAce Shortwave 14 July 5th 07 04:07 AM
Once a reporter - always a reporter zerg90 Scanner 0 August 10th 05 03:03 PM
Radio Station Reporter Helped Out At Emergencies Peter Sz Scanner 1 February 24th 05 03:23 PM
Reporter Has Scanner in Kitchen Peter Sz Scanner 1 January 12th 05 06:18 AM