Old March 23rd 08, 02:58 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

Default Jim Cramer Why Radio is dead.

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

wrote in message
On 22 Mrz., 22:00, "David Eduardo" wrote:

Radio is not in a pickle. It is simply, like light bulbs, a mature, slow
growth business now. And will be for many years to come. Of course, the
company I am with increased its revenue 13% in Q4 of 2007, so I am in a
high
growth, pickle-less sector of radio.

Really? Then where does all of this desperation come from?

What desperation? On our end of the field, with a 13% Q4 sales increase,
there is elation, not desperation.

Elation about desperation? Would that be desperation inflation? I can
see we are in big trouble now.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 23rd 08, 03:00 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

Yeah, but what is the point of generating this Web page and Usenet
fabrication? What does he have to gain by doing this? There has to be a
payoff somewhere.

There is no fabrication. dxAss claims to have proven lies, and all he can
come up with is questioning if I went to Mexico in March or April of
1963...
as I said, no fabrication.

The only payoff is the amusement of seeing how far this could go.

Are you amused that you have pulled the wool over people eyes because
they are your lessors? You are such a smart wolf and the rest of us are
such stupid sheep that we believe whatever you post. You have proved to
be our superior because we believed your lies. Have I got that right?

No, the amusement is in seeing how a racist like dxAss can convince all of
you that truth is suddenly a lie, despite his total failure to prove such a
contention. This is akin to his rabid and senseless hatred for Canadians,
and his hatred for Hispanics and so on.

Old March 23rd 08, 05:28 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 22, 2:22*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

In the broadcast industry, where programming and content creation is more
of
an art than a learned science, the education level of a job applicant is
seldom reviewed. Only in positions like accounting would some academic
credentials or certifications be required. What is looked at is career
achievements. What is not looked at is whether someone graduated from
high
school.

Maybe this is part of the problem with radio as an industry. It's
people aren't reasonably well-educated. It's probably time for it to
raise its standards and as it recruits sharper, more educated people
perhaps some of its problems can be solved.

- Many of the best people in radio are not big on formal
- education, but you find them to be excellent autodidacts.

Autodidacticism / Autodidactism / Autodidact / Automath
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodidacticism
Self-Education / Self-Directed Learning / Self-Taught Person

d'Eduardo - That goes for many "Creative" Endeavors based
on the the Individual's Sense {Feeling} of Sefl-Expression
and Awareness.

- The people I find fault with in the industry are those who
- have learned, generally in school, a rigid mindset and are
- encumbered by rules on what works and does not work.

d'Eduardo - So why then are you so devoted to your Sacred
Arbitron Numbers . . . ~ RHF

- Since radio broadcasting is not a field where there is
- much to be learned in college, intelligence and work
- experience is often better than specific training.

Applied Intelligence -coupled- with Work Experience
is about as "Specific a Training Regiment as One Gets.

Radio may be a Field where Hands-On Experienc gives
one a "Feel" for the Industry that Book-Learning can not
by itself Provide.
Old March 23rd 08, 05:37 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

dxAcehole, AKA Steve Lare, pathological liar, racist and common drunk,
SUPCOMUCOMM (Supreme Commander,
United Counties of Michigan Militia)
Michigan
USA

during his fifth annual Farewell Forever tour, said:

And, if you don't belive that I make the calls, ask Mr. Bryant! He'll
'verie' that I indeed make the calls.

I remember it well. You called his past and present employers and
pretended to be from homeland security in order to get him fired. You
are a lying prick with a severe alcohol abuse problem.

================================
From: - Sat Feb 16 00:52:22 2008

I really don't want to say this, my many shortwave friends, but
I find that I am giving up far to much of my increasingly valuable
time here on RRS trying to educate the faux, the debutantes, and
those who tote..

Therefore, I've simply decided to give up RRS.

Goodbye, I sincerely hope that you all find your niche in the
world of SW.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 23rd 08, 05:52 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 22, 7:55*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

You know damn well who I called, oh fraudulent one!

Stop your little pretending game.

No, I do not know and you don't either since you will not give any names.
There is no "Mr Bryant" that I know, so that one is a dud. Obviously,
when
this round is over, we will see that the liar all along is you.

Nope, it's you, 'Eduardo'!

- Who is Mr. Bryant

d'Eduardo,

That would be "Michael W. Bryant" who formerly was
a frequent Poster here on the Rec.Radio.Shortwave
Newgroup.

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...xjWieafy0lWMO7

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...O7 &scoring=d

~ RHF

Old March 23rd 08, 06:10 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

Right, and that's another lie. You infer from data you supposedly use
professionally to dictate what signal levels I get, which according to
you are so weak nobody will listen to them but the truth is otherwise.
Since you fabricate the whole thing what does it matter, right?

We have been over this before, but here it is again.

We take indivisual stations, and we use Arbitron's MapMaker(tm) program and
have it plot the diary mentions (mention is the term of the trade for a
single entry indicating listening to a station in a single diary
representing one person) for at work and at home listening. Car listening,
which is the lesser of the three locations, is not identifiable by location
and excluded. This can be done in the Arbitron software down to the ZIP Code
level. We then superimpose over the map a set of contours... let's say 25
mV/m, and then 20, 15., 10, 5, 2.5 and 1 mV/M per FCC data, for the station.

We see within which of the contours there is listening, and between which of
them the listening ceases to be significant. We do this over for every AM in
a market. Then we do it for previous ratings periods, with special attention
to daytime vs. night by season

After we have done this for multiple significant stations in a number of
different stations, we see that in the daytime, anywhere from 90% to 95% of
listening on average occurs inside the 10 mV/m contour of AMs. At night, we
have to realize some stations have very high interference, so we have to
look at the interference free contour of some stations. In addition, AM's
have such low listening, as a class, at night, that very often there is
little data in any contour for a station... but it appears that an even
stronger signal is needed to garner listenership at night than by day.

Since such a project covers many formats in many markets on all kinds of
technical facilities. When the result is so uniformly indicitive of the
statement, "there is essentially no local listening outside the 10 mV/M
contour of any AM that we can conclude that this is a fact for in home and
at work AM listening.

The contours come right out of FCC data, taking into account ground
condutivity, etc. There is no presumption, just FCC data that is the basis
for each station's licenced operation.

Another lie. Plenty of stations have very good signal levels outside the
made up contours you come up with. I gave you a list of stations 11 or
13 long but that does not matter. Your lies or errors trump any
objective evidence.

Yes, but they do not have 10 mV/m signals in the ZIP you gave me, and,
coincidentally, have no listening either.

Your standard for "good signal level" is not the one 99% or more of
listeners use. Quite simply, the statoins you mentioned do not have the
necessary signal level to be listenable based on hundereds of thousands of
diaries over the last 10 years. Listenability requires a set signal
threshold... listening requires both signal strength and desirable
programming. For this reason, many stations over many years over many
markets were analyzed.

Again, those ones outside a certain coverage are are not getting
listening no matter where you go in the US. So there is nearly no
lost listening.

That's right make up more lies to frame the argument.

If the data over 10 years and over 15 sample markets, including peripheral
markets as well, shows that there is essentially no listening outside the 10
mv/m contour today, then there is no lost listening in fringe areas and
there is no lie in this as such listening does not exist.

What sounds perfectly fine to you has been show to be vastly beyond
the signal intensity where normal people with everyday radios will
listen.

See more lies. I look at this as objectively as possible but it makes no
difference to you Mr. Lier.

If you have hundreds of AM stations in many markets in over a decade of
audience ratings in over 40 surveys and you find essentially no listening
outside a particular contour, and all the listening inside it, then you can
say that there is essentially no listening outside the 10 mV/m contour. This
is irrespective if the signal is there at a lesser level, because millions
of listeners have indicated that such a level is not appealing since the
don't listen.

This is sort of like a batter who consistently hits just inside the
outfield, sometimes hits in the middle of the outfield and never hits into
the far outfield. Saying, then, that for all practical purposes, this batter
will essentially never hit a home run is verified by analyzing all his
previous hits; a homer would be a freak occurrence. Similarly, any AM
listening by metro area station outside the 10 is abnormal and statistically
not predictable since usually all the listening happens inside the contour.

Old March 23rd 08, 06:11 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

Yeah, and I sponsored his race cars, too.

Well, that's a good thing as he was sounding kind of desperate. Must
have taken him years to get the money out of you.

He was sounding delighted to have found me. Your Spanish needs some work.

I'm joking Eduardo. You get that right?

You are not funny.

Old March 23rd 08, 06:21 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

"m II" wrote in message
dxAcehole, AKA Steve Lare, pathological liar, racist and common drunk,
SUPCOMUCOMM (Supreme Commander,
United Counties of Michigan Militia)
Michigan
USA

during his fifth annual Farewell Forever tour, said:

And, if you don't belive that I make the calls, ask Mr. Bryant! He'll
'verie' that I indeed make the calls.

I remember it well. You called his past and present employers and
pretended to be from homeland security in order to get him fired. You
are a lying prick with a severe alcohol abuse problem.

That is good to know. I will immediately tell our HR department that I have
acquired a troll, and give them Steve's name and address and phone; they are
used to such occurrences as most of our talent acquires trolls at some time
or another.

When I was programming our talk station in LA, I would periodically acquire
these critters from the audience... disgruntled listeners who disagreed with
a host's opinions or our use of the language or something even less
fathomable. Some would call the station manager, some would even call the
corporate offices or write to the newspapers. I really enjoyed this, since
the complaints to a supposed higher level generally had enough data in them
for one of our host to call the complainer on the air and grill them, which
made for really entertaining radio and put the troll in its place.

Old March 23rd 08, 12:37 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

On Mar 23, 2:21*am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"m II" wrote in message

[...]

made for really entertaining radio and put the troll in its place.- Hide quoted text -

And if you were lucky, the troll might turn out to be a little kid and
you'd have a date on Friday night.