Old March 24th 08, 06:27 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

Default Jim Cramer Why Radio is dead.

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Mar 23, 3:34*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

..
.

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

When I was programming our talk station in LA, I would
periodically acquire these critters from the audience...
disgruntled listeners who disagreed with a host's opinions or
our use of the language or something even less fathomable. Some
would call the station manager, some would even call the
corporate offices or write to the newspapers. I really enjoyed
this, since the complaints to a supposed higher level generally
had enough data in them for one of our host to call the
complainer on the air and grill them, which made for really
entertaining radio and put the troll in its place.

Isn't that wonderful you used the bully power of your media
outlet to kill off dissenting opinion. You must be proud.

These trolls were not ordinary complainers... thery were nut cases
of the first water and there was considerable entertainment value
in their behaviour. In addtion to complaining, they were rude or
obscene or personally offensive to myself and my staff.

One was a character who thought himself the protector of the
Spanish language, and who objected to the use of the term "troca"
for "pickup truck" instead of the traditional "camioneta" which
nobody uses on the street. The guy would write 7 and 8 page letters
about language, failing to see that word usage is dynamic.

"Troca" ~ Spanglish - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanglish

Spanish & Chicano English
http://www.pbs.org/speak/education/c.../high/spanish/

We ambushed him by having two university professors who explained how
language changes.

- It made for informative radio, with the entertainment value
- of a nutcase who wanted to roll language usage back 100 years.

Sounds like L'Académie Française and their Annual Exorcism
of English Word Usage that creaps into theFrench Language

SNIP

Now you are going to give Eduardo a Spanish lesson? Now that is funny.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 24th 08, 09:00 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 23, 11:27*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Mar 23, 3:34*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

..
.

-
- Now you are going to give Eduardo a Spanish lesson?
- Now that is funny.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California -

Teli - Spanglish is my 2undo Landwich. ) ~ RHF
Old March 24th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Scooter" wrote in message
.. .
Terrestrial radio's biggest problem is retaining advertising revenues
as
more ad dollars are siphoned by the internet. In 2007 total ad dollars
for
radio fell to where they were in 2003. That point to an industry going
backwards, not forward, Cramer said.
The average market cap of terrestrial radio companies has declined by a
staggering 80% over the last five years. But the bottom isn't even in
yet,
as far as Cramer can tell
Either way, the bottom line remains the same. Cramer expects the
terrestrial
radio companies to go down harder than almost anything else and he
would
not
own any of them under any condition right now.

Here's the video - http://www.cnbc.com/id/23558686/from/ET/

Cramer is the biggest dumbass in the financial world!

And you are the biggest dumb ass posting to this news group.

Another thought provoking post by our resident troll Telletroll. I bet you
let Cramer pick your stocks for you too.

Old March 26th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Scooter" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I don't see you posting anything on topic moron.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 26th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Scooter" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Oh, yeah, another great on topic post by MNMikew. The wannabe news group
retard.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old March 26th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Scooter" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Psssst. Look at the thread title, seems on topic to me. But being as dense
as you are I can see your confusion. Time for lil Telletubbie to keep RHF
company in the old killfile.
plonk

Old March 26th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Allright now, if y'all keep on with this thread, it's going to wind up
being almost half as long as that Beaver thread was at
www.pipelinenews.org a few years ago.
cuhulin, not a Beaver

Old March 27th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
"MNMikew" wrote:

"Scooter" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Here is a clue for 14 year old poster boys. Posting crap to on topic
thread does not make your post on topic. A good example is the new news
group retard "MNMikew".

Try again Mikey.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 28th 08, 12:19 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 27, 5:08*pm, Robert Cohen wrote:
On Mar 20, 9:33 pm, "Scooter" wrote:

Terrestrial radio's biggest problem is retaining advertising revenues as
more ad dollars are siphoned by the internet. In 2007 total ad dollars for
radio fell to where they were in 2003. That point to an industry going
backwards, not forward, Cramer said.
The average market cap of terrestrial radio companies has declined by a
staggering 80% over the last five years. But the bottom isn't even in yet,
as far as Cramer can tell
Either way, the bottom line remains the same. Cramer expects the terrestrial
radio companies to go down harder than almost anything else and he would not
own any of them under any condition right now.

Here's the video - http://www.cnbc.com/id/23558686/from/ET/

- That's what the stock market seems to be intimating :
- Some of the notable chains are going for under $5 a share.
-
- http://finance.google.com/finance?meta=hl%3Den&q=ccu

Under $5 a Share : buy, Buy. BUY ! ~ RHF
Old March 28th 08, 08:01 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

"Robert Cohen" wrote in message
[...]

Share price does not indicate value. A share of one company that goes for
$80 is no better a buy than one that sells for $5 if the earnings per share
and other fundamentals are in proportion to the stock price. Many companies
do stock splits when shares go up in price, in fact.