Old March 22nd 08, 04:20 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

Default Jim Cramer Why Radio is dead.

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Which raises the question....why would you waste your time?

You dismiss him as irrelevant. You dismiss him as alcoholic.

And yet...you're the one who engages him.

If you had been on a high school or college debate team, you would
understand.

So, this just sport for you. You're not arguing to purpose, you're
simply arguing. Got it.

I was in the Writer's Club, actually.

Given your stated disdain for DXers, it is quite the curiosity that you
spend so much time arguing with them.

I have a disdain for DXers who have a disdain for broadcasters. Big
difference.

What you conveniently ignore, is that fans don't turn on the
object of their fanaticism....they have to be run off.

Broadcasters were long disdainful of DXers before DXers were
turned off.

So, you have disdain for Dxers who have disdain for you because
you had disdain for them.

Yes, it's a big difference of no difference. The very persons for
whom you have disdain are the ones you spend so much time aguing with.

Yes, I see the distinction.

Like Steve...you dismiss them as irrelevant. You blame them for the
deterioration of their relationship with broadcasters...and yet you
regularly engage them.

... because it is fun.

A person in your position would seem to have better uses for his time.

I find this a rather entertaining diversion from that very same position.

Unless, like another poster here, who faded away about the time of your
appearance, your bickering here is fodder for some discussions outside of
the group.

How nice to be able to foment conversation.

As usual, you miss my point.

Which then raises more significant questions.

Nothing on a news group is truly significant. It's backyard gossip over a
(fire) wall.

Uh huh...which, again, raises questions.

Old March 22nd 08, 04:27 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Which raises the question....why would you waste your time?

You dismiss him as irrelevant. You dismiss him as alcoholic.

And yet...you're the one who engages him.

If you had been on a high school or college debate team, you would
understand.

So, this just sport for you. You're not arguing to purpose, you're
simply arguing. Got it.

No, you do not get it. Debate, going back to the Greeks, was as much about
the enjoyment of the discussion as the content being discussed. There are
two parts... holding a point of view and enjoying the challenge of defending
it.

I have a disdain for DXers who have a disdain for broadcasters. Big
difference.

What you conveniently ignore, is that fans don't turn on the object
of their fanaticism....they have to be run off.

This "hatred" has to origins...

One is based in the decline of AM whereby most "DX hours" programming is
networked and there is little variety to hear among domestics.

The second is based on AM looking for a saviour, and placing some faith in
HD Radio to improve its declining fortunes.

The first makes late-night DX boring. The second makes it impossible. Both
are reasonable business decisions by AM stations, but DXers see them as
attacks.

Broadcasters were long disdainful of DXers before DXers were turned
off.

I would not say that. Interest in DX reports waned as the importance of
non-local coverage waned, while at the same time most non-Metro stations
used outside contract engineers who were not paid to answer reception
reports. Today, nearly nobody at a station will know what DX even is.

Unless, like another poster here, who faded away about the time of your
appearance, your bickering here is fodder for some discussions outside
of the group.

How nice to be able to foment conversation.

As usual, you miss my point.

You have no point.

Old March 22nd 08, 04:41 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Which raises the question....why would you waste your time?

You dismiss him as irrelevant. You dismiss him as alcoholic.

And yet...you're the one who engages him.
If you had been on a high school or college debate team, you would
understand.

So, this just sport for you. You're not arguing to purpose, you're
simply arguing. Got it.

No, you do not get it. Debate, going back to the Greeks, was as much about
the enjoyment of the discussion as the content being discussed. There are
two parts... holding a point of view and enjoying the challenge of defending
it.

Yes, I do get it. It's sport. You don't actually discuss. You don't
actually discuss, because you don't actually listen. You don't actually
respond to someone else's comment.

You declare. You don't discuss.

I have a disdain for DXers who have a disdain for broadcasters. Big
difference.

What you conveniently ignore, is that fans don't turn on the object
of their fanaticism....they have to be run off.

This "hatred" has to origins...

One is based in the decline of AM whereby most "DX hours" programming is
networked and there is little variety to hear among domestics.

The second is based on AM looking for a saviour, and placing some faith in
HD Radio to improve its declining fortunes.

The first makes late-night DX boring. The second makes it impossible. Both
are reasonable business decisions by AM stations, but DXers see them as
attacks.
Broadcasters were long disdainful of DXers before DXers were turned
off.

I would not say that.

And you would be in direct contradiction with yourself. You've stated
repeatedly how the disinterest in DX reports predates even the days of
CKLW.

Broadcasters had disdain for DXers long before DXers had disdain for
Broadcasters.

Unless, like another poster here, who faded away about the time of your
appearance, your bickering here is fodder for some discussions outside
of the group.
How nice to be able to foment conversation.

As usual, you miss my point.

You have no point.

Wow. That's some debate style.

You must have been a student of Bryant.

Or Algore.

Have a good evening, David.

Old March 22nd 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:
David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', the faux Hispanic, wrote:

Hey NAMBLA dude, where have you been hiding?
A rather simple inspection of the message headers will show that the "dude"
in question is an imposter.
Aren't you associated with SAMBLA? (South American Man Boy Love Association)

(cross posting snip)

Thanks Steve, coffee on the screen here again.

I spit a wee bit of Guinness earlier!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Shanti Om

OMG! I'd rather waste the coffee than the Guinness...

and thanks Steve, i tend to get a bit misty sometimes.

Drifter...

--
"Regulatory capitalism is when companies invest in lawyers, lobbyists,
and politicians, instead of plant, people, and customer service."
Old March 22nd 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:
David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', the faux Hispanic, wrote:

Hey NAMBLA dude, where have you been hiding?
A rather simple inspection of the message headers will show that the "dude"
in question is an imposter.
Aren't you associated with SAMBLA? (South American Man Boy Love Association)

(cross posting snip)
Thanks Steve, coffee on the screen here again.

I spit a wee bit of Guinness earlier!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Shanti Om

OMG! I'd rather waste the coffee than the Guinness...

and thanks Steve, i tend to get a bit misty sometimes.

I as well. I put my flag up a bit ago in memory of your friends. I hope others might
remember them as well as they go about their day.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Shanti Om

Old March 22nd 08, 07:22 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Frackelton Gleason, Univisions retard boy who poses as 'Eduardo',
the faux
Hispanic, wrote:

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message

Which raises the question....why would you waste your time?

You dismiss him as irrelevant. You dismiss him as alcoholic.

And yet...you're the one who engages him.

If you had been on a high school or college debate team, you would
understand.

LMFAO. Gleason, you never graduated from high school, nor college!

Yeah, I know you are envious that I had a business of my own at age 17 that
was a lot more exciting and productive than falling asleep from boredom in
high school... and later I had the luxury of studying what I wanted, not a
required curriculum, in college.

Old March 22nd 08, 07:24 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

"dxAce" wrote in message

I would not say that. Interest in DX reports waned as the importance of
non-local coverage waned, while at the same time most non-Metro stations
used outside contract engineers who were not paid to answer reception
reports. Today, nearly nobody at a station will know what DX even is.

Hell, even you don't know what DX is. Never did, never will. 'Eduardo',
you
couldn't DX your way out of a wet paper sack!

Of course, that has no truth to it al all. I was a good enough DXer to be
one of the founding members of the IRCA and a member of it's board in its
first year, as well as a member of the NRC from about 1958 to just a couple
of years ago.

Old March 22nd 08, 07:28 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I would not say that. Interest in DX reports waned as the importance of
non-local coverage waned, while at the same time most non-Metro stations
used outside contract engineers who were not paid to answer reception
reports. Today, nearly nobody at a station will know what DX even is.

Hell, even you don't know what DX is. Never did, never will. 'Eduardo',
you
couldn't DX your way out of a wet paper sack!

Of course, that has no truth to it al all. I was a good enough DXer to be
one of the founding members of the IRCA and a member of it's board in its
first year, as well as a member of the NRC from about 1958 to just a couple
of years ago.

They kick your faux ass out?

Old March 22nd 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:
David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', the faux Hispanic, wrote:

Hey NAMBLA dude, where have you been hiding?
A rather simple inspection of the message headers will show that the "dude"
in question is an imposter.
Aren't you associated with SAMBLA? (South American Man Boy Love Association)

(cross posting snip)
Thanks Steve, coffee on the screen here again.

I spit a wee bit of Guinness earlier!

OMG! I'd rather waste the coffee than the Guinness...

Very tasty!

dxAce
Michigan
USA