Old March 24th 08, 11:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default KTBN - WRNO

** U S A. George Jacobs tells me that KTBN will be closing down permanently
at 0100 UT March 30. So DX it while you can on 15590 or 7505. We suspected that
was going to happen, as another client of his, WRNO, gets those two frequencies
for A-08. George says WRNO hopes to start testing their Katrina-damaged
transmitter in early April, and programming in late April, but that`s only
tentative. In turn, WBCQ gets former WRNO unused frequency 15420 from April 1,
ex-17495 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 24th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:
** U S A. George Jacobs tells me that KTBN will be closing down permanently
at 0100 UT March 30. So DX it while you can on 15590 or 7505. We suspected that
was going to happen, as another client of his, WRNO, gets those two frequencies
for A-08. George says WRNO hopes to start testing their Katrina-damaged
transmitter in early April, and programming in late April, but that`s only
tentative. In turn, WBCQ gets former WRNO unused frequency 15420 from April 1,
ex-17495 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Cool!

Apparently currently owned by Good News World Outreach, so you can guess what the
type of format will be.

The days of rock n' roll are long gone.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 26th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

** U S A. George Jacobs tells me that KTBN will be closing down
permanently
at 0100 UT March 30.

Didn't TBN pay an arm and a leg for that SW station?? "From the West to
the world!"

WHy would they want to shut it down and not sell it to someone else?

Probably high electricity costs to run something like that. Not sure what
type of transmitter they have but I am sure that in Utah it is costing a
pretty penny to run that sort of operation. Maybe TBN is figuring out that
Shortwave isn't their high priority medium as well.

Well, why wouldn't they sell the facility to someone else?

Old March 26th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Doodle wrote:
** U S A. George Jacobs tells me that KTBN will be closing down
permanently
at 0100 UT March 30.
Didn't TBN pay an arm and a leg for that SW station?? "From the West to
the world!"

WHy would they want to shut it down and not sell it to someone else?

Probably high electricity costs to run something like that. Not sure what
type of transmitter they have but I am sure that in Utah it is costing a
pretty penny to run that sort of operation. Maybe TBN is figuring out that
Shortwave isn't their high priority medium as well.

Well, why wouldn't they sell the facility to someone else?

1) No percieved market for the sale. Unwilling to sell at a loss.

2) Other plans for the facility. Recovered real estate. Sale of
assets piecemeal.

3) No one ever said broadcasters were the sharpest knives in your back.

Old March 27th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:
Doodle wrote:
[...]

SWBC is dead. Now that the lunatic fringe is abandoning it there's no
reason to hang on.

For Sale: 1999 R8B-1 owner
Old March 27th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:
SWBC is dead. Now that the lunatic fringe is abandoning it there's no
reason to hang on.

For Sale: 1999 R8B-1 owner

Since it's so useless, I'll take it off your hands for $20 if you pay shipping.

--
One meter, to within 0.0125% accuracy (off by just under .005 inches):
Three feet
Old March 27th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

clifto wrote:

dave wrote:
SWBC is dead. Now that the lunatic fringe is abandoning it there's no
reason to hang on.

For Sale: 1999 R8B-1 owner

Since it's so useless, I'll take it off your hands for $20 if you pay shipping.

Allright, we're bidding! I'll offer $21 if he pays shipping.

WRNO George S Thurman Shortwave 1 October 23rd 07 08:52 AM
KTBN Shortwave Radio on 7505 MHz @ 09:19 UTC RHF Shortwave 4 August 10th 07 12:17 AM
QSL from KTBN Tebojockey Shortwave 0 April 27th 05 02:35 AM
WRNO about to come back dxAce Shortwave 8 February 19th 05 10:16 PM
WRNO is off air Mike Terry Shortwave 7 November 12th 04 04:46 PM