Old April 1st 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Are they Howling Mad in Texas?

In article ,
JC wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:
dave wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
clifto wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
CLEAR CHANNEL has agreed to be purchased by THOMAS H. LEE PARTNERS
and BAIN CAPITAL. But lenders including CITIGROUP, MORGAN STANLEY,
DEUTSCHE BANK, CREDIT SUISSE, ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND and WACHOVIA
have declined to provide the financing that they once said they
would issue.
Sounds more to me like the banks unilaterally and arbitrarily
decided to pull
out of an ironclad contractual commitment they made, and the court
told them
to live up to their contract.

I'm wondering how ironclad that is. This deal has been in
negotiation for a while, and market conditions, stock values of the
company, and earnings projections have all changed. The conditions
under which the letter of commitment were made no longer exist.

I can't see the courts forcing the banks into a deal they know is a
bad deal, especially when the banks are expected to shoulder all the
risk.

Too bad. A deal is a deal; unless there are event triggered escape
clauses written in, too bad. I say let the whole POS financial system
collapse. Let the truly strong survive. **** the greedy VCs.

Then, why are you still here?

I am always here. I work in the escape business. We thrive during crises.

Sounds like you smoked all the profits.

You a creepy little man.

That would make you pond scum then. Care to reconsider pipe-man?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Texas CB Forum DJboutit CB 1 July 15th 07 01:32 AM
Texas CB Forum DJboutit Antenna 0 July 14th 07 11:42 PM
Texas CB Forum DJboutit Equipment 0 November 30th 06 07:27 AM
FCC BUST IN TEXAS [email protected] Broadcasting 23 May 25th 05 03:04 PM
FCC BUST IN TEXAS [email protected] Antenna 13 May 20th 05 02:09 AM