Old April 6th 08, 07:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Video of RX 320 tuning

This is an .OGV type file of about 11 megabytes. It takes a long time to
download for rather little reward.

The partial screen shot video and associated sound were captured in
Linux with an application called 'recordmydesktop'. It has multiple
settings which I'm not used to yet. Something has to be done to reduce
the bandwidth.

The default player for this in my version of Linux is 'mplayer'. Windows
must have something in the Media department to play it.

Of note is Cuba coming in much better at 6180 kHz than at 6000.

http://www3.telus.net/public/echo4/Myscreenout.ogv

Ten Tec RX 320
100 ft wire antenna, North/South
Calgary Alberta Canada
Sunday, 06 April 2008
06:13:36 GMT

mike
Old April 6th 08, 09:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article HYZJj.37652$_v3.36502@edtnps90, m II wrote:

This is an .OGV type file of about 11 megabytes. It takes a long time to
download for rather little reward.

The partial screen shot video and associated sound were captured in
Linux with an application called 'recordmydesktop'. It has multiple
settings which I'm not used to yet. Something has to be done to reduce
the bandwidth.

The default player for this in my version of Linux is 'mplayer'. Windows
must have something in the Media department to play it.

Of note is Cuba coming in much better at 6180 kHz than at 6000.

http://www3.telus.net/public/echo4/Myscreenout.ogv

Yeah, they are also stronger on 6180 here.

The movie won't play for me.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 15th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Running a Ten-Tec RX320[D] PC Receiver on Linux OS ?

On Apr 5, 11:20*pm, m II wrote:
This is an .OGV type file of about 11 megabytes. It takes a long time to
download for rather little reward.

The partial screen shot video and associated sound were captured inLinuxwith an application called 'recordmydesktop'. It has multiple
settings which I'm not used to yet. Something has to be done to reduce
the bandwidth.

The default player for this in my version ofLinuxis 'mplayer'. Windows
must have something in the Media department to play it.

Of note is Cuba coming in much better at 6180 kHz than at 6000.

http://www3.telus.net/public/echo4/Myscreenout.ogv

Ten Tec RX320
100 ft wire antenna, North/South
Calgary Alberta Canada
Sunday, 06 April 2008
06:13:36 GMT

mike

Running a Ten-Tec RX320[D] PC Receiver on Linux OS ?

Mike,

You are using a PC ? or LapTop ?

Running Linux ___ to Control your Ten-Tec RX320 ?

Are you also using the ERGO Software ?

-or- What 'other' Softwave . . .

i want to know ~ RHF
Old May 15th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 14, 5:24*pm, RHF wrote:
On Apr 5, 11:20*pm, m II wrote:

[...]

A PC Shortwave Radio and Linux
Wednesday May 2, 2007 2:44PM
by Caitlyn Martin in Articles
http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog...adio+and+Linux
Old May 15th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

Running a Ten-Tec RX320[D] PC Receiver on Linux OS ?

Mike,

You are using a PC ? or LapTop ?

Running Linux ___ to Control your Ten-Tec RX320 ?

Are you also using the ERGO Software ?

-or- What 'other' Softwave . . .

i want to know ~ RHF

The radio isn't the 'D' series 320.

It could be converted easily enough, but I haven't gotten around to
putting in the tap. The thing is the best performance buy at ANYWHERE
near it's price range.

The software could be run on anything. It's not too resource intensive.
Very little communication actually goes on between the radio and
computer. The 'S' signal is probably the busiest signal, but even that
is never worse than a regular modem data transfer.

I use a variation of the following softwa

http://www.tux.org/~bball/rx320/index.html

A lot of the Windows stuff has more bells and whistles, but this one
covers the basics very well.

I haven't tried Ergo, but the write up here sounds pretty good.

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx.../hitechdx.html

mike

Old June 6th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 14, 5:47*pm, RHF wrote:
On May 14, wrote:

On Apr 5, 11:20*pm, m II wrote:

[...]

by Caitlyn Martin in Articleshttp://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog/2007/05/a_pc_shortwave_radio_and...- Hide quoted text -

Wonder -if- This would work with a Ten-Tec RX-320[D] ?

EVEREX VA1500V NoteBook VIA C7-M 1.50GHz 15.4" Wide XGA+ 512MB Memory
DDR2 667 60GB HDD 5400rpm DVD/CD-RW Combo VIA Chrome 9 HC IGP -
Retail

FWIW - I currently have a Dell D610 with XP Pro and
a Ten-Tec RX-320[D] -but- have not got around to doing
the Set-Up yet. ~ RHF