Old April 11th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default It's over, iBiquity ****balls!

"Arbitron/Edison study chills the already thin air of HD Radio"

"All you need to know about this research is this: It says relatively
few know about HD. It says that number hasn't gone up. And it implies
that folks are aware of what they care about, not vice versa. It also
strongly suggests this isn't going to change any time soon - as in,
forever."

http://www.hear2.com/2008/04/arbitronedison.html

Yea, "It's Time to Upgrade!"
Old April 12th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
IBOCcrock wrote:

"Arbitron/Edison study chills the already thin air of HD Radio"

"All you need to know about this research is this: It says relatively
few know about HD. It says that number hasn't gone up. And it implies
that folks are aware of what they care about, not vice versa. It also
strongly suggests this isn't going to change any time soon - as in,
forever."

http://www.hear2.com/2008/04/arbitronedison.html

Yea, "It's Time to Upgrade!"

So you are saying that IBOC has crapped out even before the second
generation radio receivers made it out the door?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 12th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article
,
IBOCcrock wrote:

"Arbitron/Edison study chills the already thin air of HD Radio"

"All you need to know about this research is this: It says relatively
few know about HD. It says that number hasn't gone up. And it implies
that folks are aware of what they care about, not vice versa. It also
strongly suggests this isn't going to change any time soon - as in,
forever."

http://www.hear2.com/2008/04/arbitronedison.html

Yea, "It's Time to Upgrade!"

So you are saying that IBOC has crapped out even before the second
generation radio receivers made it out the door?

We had second generation in 2006. We now await the third generation.

Old April 12th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 11, 8:44�pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

�IBOCcrock wrote:
"Arbitron/Edison study chills the already thin air of HD Radio"

"All you need to know about this research is this: It says relatively
few know about HD. It says that number hasn't gone up. And it implies
that folks are aware of what they care about, not vice versa. It also
strongly suggests this isn't going to change any time soon - as in,
forever."

http://www.hear2.com/2008/04/arbitronedison.html

Yea, "It's Time to Upgrade!"

So you are saying that IBOC has crapped out even before the second
generation radio receivers made it out the door?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Yup, and here's why, along with total consumer antipathy:

"HD Radio"

"Until now, portable HD Radio receivers have been unavailable because
the chipsets needed by this technology required too much power to be
practical for a battery-operated device. However, in January 2008 at
the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas iBiquity unveiled a
prototype of a new iPod-sized portable receiver. It is based on a new
chipset developed by Samsung. Although portable, it is still a
relatively power-hungry device (it will run on an average set of
alkaline batteries in about two hours, according to an iBiquity
engineer)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Radio

"Sirius Satellite Radio"

"Sirius Stiletto 100 - the first portable Sirius radio that allows
subscribers to listen to live Sirius programming... The unit's
batteries give the user approximately 30 hours of life."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_Satellite_Radio

So much for portable HD Radio!

Old April 12th 08, 06:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article
,
IBOCcrock wrote:

"Arbitron/Edison study chills the already thin air of HD Radio"

"All you need to know about this research is this: It says relatively
few know about HD. It says that number hasn't gone up. And it implies
that folks are aware of what they care about, not vice versa. It also
strongly suggests this isn't going to change any time soon - as in,
forever."

http://www.hear2.com/2008/04/arbitronedison.html

Yea, "It's Time to Upgrade!"

So you are saying that IBOC has crapped out even before the second
generation radio receivers made it out the door?

We had second generation in 2006. We now await the third generation.

That's funny. I only see one generation.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old April 12th 08, 07:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article
,
IBOCcrock wrote:

"Arbitron/Edison study chills the already thin air of HD Radio"

"All you need to know about this research is this: It says relatively
few know about HD. It says that number hasn't gone up. And it implies
that folks are aware of what they care about, not vice versa. It also
strongly suggests this isn't going to change any time soon - as in,
forever."

http://www.hear2.com/2008/04/arbitronedison.html

Yea, "It's Time to Upgrade!"

So you are saying that IBOC has crapped out even before the second
generation radio receivers made it out the door?

We had second generation in 2006. We now await the third generation.

That's funny. I only see one generation.

There are a bunch of things you don't see, starting with the fact that radio
listeners don't use unacceptably weak signals.

Old April 18th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What's the point? It doesn't matter what generation receiver is available if
there is nothing worth listening to then who cares.

Poor iBiquity Weasels... IBOCcrock Shortwave 3 March 28th 08 10:49 AM
Is iBiquity broke? IBOCcrock Shortwave 0 March 11th 08 02:58 AM
iBiquity HD Radio Status Rfburns Shortwave 174 February 12th 08 12:37 AM
Another Giveaway to iBiquity? IBOCcrock Shortwave 11 December 29th 07 06:55 PM
Ibiquity/HD Radio going down the toilet? Tester Shortwave 9 August 1st 07 02:43 AM