Old April 20th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Leukemia Research

As some of you may know, this is the weekend when Rush Limbaugh does his
fundraiser for Leukemia research. I personally donated $200 in memory of my
friend Steve Goodman (thanks for the music, Steve).

I urge anyone who is interested in this type of thing to give freely.

877-379-8888

I only wish I could give the $400,000 that Rush donated.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 20th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
As some of you may know, this is the weekend when Rush Limbaugh does his
fundraiser for Leukemia research. I personally donated $200 in memory of my
friend Steve Goodman (thanks for the music, Steve).

I urge anyone who is interested in this type of thing to give freely.

877-379-8888

I only wish I could give the $400,000 that Rush donated.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Donations to good causes are not generally cause for public chest
beating. People with any class at all will not make a spectacle of their
own generosity.

Benevolence is not something we put on as an overcoat.

mike
Old April 20th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:
As some of you may know, this is the weekend when Rush Limbaugh does his
fundraiser for Leukemia research. I personally donated $200 in memory of my
friend Steve Goodman (thanks for the music, Steve).

I urge anyone who is interested in this type of thing to give freely.

877-379-8888

I only wish I could give the $400,000 that Rush donated.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Donations to good causes are not generally cause for public chest
beating. People with any class at all will not make a spectacle of their
own generosity.

Benevolence is not something we put on as an overcoat.

"Penny a point, no one's keeping score"

Old April 20th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
As some of you may know, this is the weekend when Rush Limbaugh does his
fundraiser for Leukemia research. I personally donated $200 in memory of my
friend Steve Goodman (thanks for the music, Steve).

I urge anyone who is interested in this type of thing to give freely.

877-379-8888

I only wish I could give the $400,000 that Rush donated.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You Never Even Called Me By My Name

Written By Steve Goodman
As Recorded By David Allan Coe

WELL, IT WAS ALL
THAT I COULD DO TO KEEP FROM CRYING’
SOMETIMES IT SEEMED SO USELESS TO REMAIN
BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME DARLIN’, DARLIN'
YOU NEVER EVEN CALL ME BY MY NAME

YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME WAYLON JENNINGS
AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME CHARLIE PRIDE
AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME MERLE HAGGARD/ANYMORE
EVEN THOUGH YOU’RE ON MY FIGHTING’ SIDE

CHORUS:
AND I’LL HANG AROUND AS LONG AS YOU WILL LET ME
AND I NEVER MINDED STANDING’ IN THE RAIN
BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME DARLIN’, DARLIN’
YOU NEVER EVEN CALLED ME BY MY NAME

WELL, I’VE HEARD MY NAME
A FEW TIMES IN YOUR PHONE BOOK (Hello, Hello)
AND I’VE SEEN IT ON SIGNS WHERE I’VE PLAYED
BUT THE ONLY TIME I KNOW
I’LL HEAR "DAVID ALLAN COE"
IS WHEN JESUS HAS HIS FINAL JUDGMENT DAY

REPEAT CHORUS

RECITATION:
WELL, A FRIEND OF MINE NAMED STEVE GOODMAN WROTE THAT SONG
AND HE TOLD ME IT WAS THE PERFECT COUNTRY & WESTERN SONG
I WROTE HIM BACK A LETTER AND I TOLD HIM IT WAS NOT THE PERFECT COUNTRY
& WESTERN SONG BECAUSE HE HADN’T SAID ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT MAMA,
OR TRAINS,
OR TRUCKS,
OR PRISON,
OR GETTING’ DRUNK
WELL HE SAT DOWN AND WROTE ANOTHER VERSE TO THE SONG
AND HE SENT IT TO ME,
AND AFTER READING IT,
I REALIZED THAT MY FRIEND HAD WRITTEN THE PERFECT
COUNTRY & WESTERN SONG
AND I FELT OBLIGED TO INCLUDE IT ON THIS ALBUM
THE LAST VERSE GOES LIKE THIS HE

WELL, I WAS DRUNK THE DAY MY MOM GOT OUT OF PRISON
AND I WENT TO PICK HER UP IN THE RAIN
BUT BEFORE I COULD GET TO THE STATION IN MY PICKUP TRUCK
SHE GOT RUN NED OVER BY A DAMNED OLD TRAIN

CHORUS:
AND I’LL HANG AROUND AS LONG AS YOU WILL LET ME
AND I NEVER MINDED STANDING’ IN THE RAIN
NO, A’ YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME DARLIN’, DARLIN’
YOU NEVER EVEN CALL ME
WELL I WONDER WHY YOU DON’T CALL ME
WHY DON’T YOU EVER CALL ME BY MY NAME
Old April 20th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

"Penny a point, no one's keeping score"

Pass the paper bag that holds the bottle

Old April 20th 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:
dxAce wrote:
As some of you may know, this is the weekend when Rush Limbaugh does his
fundraiser for Leukemia research. I personally donated $200 in memory of my
friend Steve Goodman (thanks for the music, Steve).

I urge anyone who is interested in this type of thing to give freely.

877-379-8888

I only wish I could give the $400,000 that Rush donated.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Donations to good causes are not generally cause for public chest
beating. People with any class at all will not make a spectacle of their
own generosity.

Benevolence is not something we put on as an overcoat.

mike

A c'mon; El Rushbo gave up a week's pay; give the little feller a break.

I believe the government should fund the **** out of medical research.
Old April 20th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

"Penny a point, no one's keeping score"

Pass the paper bag that holds the bottle

Sing it my brother, lets remember my friend

Old April 20th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A c'mon; El Rushbo gave up a week's pay; give the little feller a break.

I believe the government should fund the **** out of medical research.

How do you Know Rush donated Anything at all

???

( Rush never told anyone he was a Junkie, Right ?! )

Old April 21st 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:
As some of you may know, this is the weekend when Rush Limbaugh does his
fundraiser for Leukemia research. I personally donated $200 in memory of my
friend Steve Goodman (thanks for the music, Steve).

I urge anyone who is interested in this type of thing to give freely.

877-379-8888

I only wish I could give the $400,000 that Rush donated.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Donations to good causes are not generally cause for public chest
beating. People with any class at all will not make a spectacle of their
own generosity.

Benevolence is not something we put on as an overcoat.

Tell ya what, you little piece of excrement, you donate another $200 in memory of
Steve Goodman, and I'll match it in the next hour.

My number is 616-335-9762

Call 877-379-8888

Have them call me

Research project Gerry Shortwave 3 May 24th 06 08:15 AM
Research project Gerry Dx 3 May 23rd 06 08:18 PM
Research for Uni [email protected] CB 0 February 1st 05 11:00 AM
Dissertation Research TeresaS Shortwave 4 January 3rd 05 12:34 AM
6 year old - Leukemia patient Al Patrick Shortwave 0 August 30th 03 03:23 AM