Old May 7th 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default AM-HD appears to be a flop

On May 7, 9:50*am, wrote:
"Editorial: More Than Half Full"

"AM-HD continues to fight uphill. Several manufacturers showed
impressive new transmitter models designed to optimize and maintain HD
performance. Yet the growth of AM-HD stations coming on the air
appears stalled and we hear murmurings about some broadcasters pulling
back on AM-HD or wishing to renegotiate their commitments with
Ibiquity. That does not bode well as the AM service struggles to
remain relevant."

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.13363.html

Just in from RW. Of course, RW's snivelling little implication that HD
will somehow save AM - oh please, AM is dying, even though ratings say
otherwise for many of the larger AM stations (not directed at you,
Bob). *Of course, FM is under attack by iPods, etc, and in five years
when iPod jacks are standard in every new vehicle, what is FM going to
do. Oh I know - FM-HD to the rescue! So, HD was supposed to bring
analog into the new digital age, but I guess that will only apply to
FM. So much for any potential HD mandate (oh, I guess the crooked FCC
could mandate a technology that doesn't work). Broadcasters must be
getting tired of paying those on-going fees to iBiquity, with no ROI.
Dah!

Welcome back on the flip-flop IBOCcrock ;-} ~ RHF
Old May 7th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 7, 1:12�pm, RHF wrote:

[...]

Thanks! Don't you have a challenge for me? ;-)
Old May 7th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 7, 10:44Â*am, wrote:
On May 7, 1:12�pm, RHF wrote:

On May 7, 9:50�am, wrote:

[...]

OK - Look in a Mirror and simply Smile ;-} ~ RHF

(OT) Bush Flip-Flop Telamon Shortwave 0 August 12th 04 05:17 AM
(OT) Another Flip Flop N8KDV Shortwave 83 May 27th 04 07:05 AM
Bush's Deceitful Flip-Flop on Cost of War Michael Bryant Shortwave 7 May 6th 04 07:46 PM