Old May 18th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC News : "Commercial Free" FM HD-Radio Is Now Available !

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On May 17, 8:23*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:

= S N I P =

- Nearly 100% of AM HD stations have commercials.
- And since the OP seemed to be referring primarily to AM HD...

BAD,

Nearly Yes -but- Technically Not 100% since there are
the National Public Radio (NPR) Station and the so-called
Public Radio Stations -aka- Non-Commercial Radio
Stations as a 'group' and they are as a group part of the
Early Adapters of IBOC and FM "HD" Radio with the
speciffic intent to be HD-2 Second Audio Channel
Broardcasters to better serve 'their' Listeners.
http://www.kpbs.org/radio/myrland_digital_radio
* NPR Radio Station List
http://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations.pdf

Point-of-Fact - KOAL-AM 550 kHz in Portland, Oregon
is a "Commercial Free" National Public Radio Station.

Here are a few more "Commercial Free" National
Public Radio Stations (NPR) on the AM Radio Band
From the NPR Radio Station List
http://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations.pdf
* WILL-AM 580 kHz from the UOI in Urbana, IL
* WNYC-AM 820 kHz New York Public Radio
* WNED-AM 970 kHz in Buffalo NY
* WGVU-AM 850 kHz in Muskegon, MI
* WOUB-AM 1340 kHz in Athens, OH
* WXXI-AM 1370 kHz in Rochester, NY
* WSUI-AM 910 kHz in Iowa City, IA
* KOPT-AM 1600 kHz in Eugene, OR
Note - The State of Alaska has 8 NPR AM Radio Stations.

Remember the Primary Intent of IBOC and "HD" Radio
is it use and application in the FM Radio Band; and
Public Radio Stations are a major broadcaster on the
FM Radio Band.

-but- Even on a Non-Commercial Public Radio Station
you will still hear about there 'corporate underwriters'.
.
.
the truth is out-there - riding on a radio-wave ~ RHF
.
- - - the digital divide : i draw the line @ iboc 'hd' radio - - -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-band_on-channel
.
Find-Out-for-Yourself - Google Search Results :
HD-Radio - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HD-Radio
.
Read-the-News-for-Yourself Google News Results :
HD-Radio - http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=HD-Radio
.
CopyRight © RHF {Radio High Frequency} All Rights Reserved.
.
Fair Use Notice : This Entire Message in Part or Entirety
may be Copied and Reposted on/in All Media : Provided
the Source the "Rec.Radio.Shortwave" Newsgroup and
the Author RHF {Radio High Frequency} are both identified.
.

Well news group retard I listen to NPR and I hear commercials all the
time. You know the this program is brought to you by the $$$$
corporation. Then after corporate money and the government grants they
get from our tax dollars they beg for more money.

By the way I have the commercial rights to this news group so your
copyright notice is null and void.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 18th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
RobertStruble wrote:

On May 18, 10:17?am, RHF wrote:
[...]

From the NPR Radio Station
Listhttp://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations.pdf
* WILL-AM 580 kHz from the UOI in Urbana, IL
* WNYC-AM 820 kHz New York Public Radio
* WNED-AM 970 kHz in Buffalo NY
* WGVU-AM 850 kHz in Muskegon, MI
* WOUB-AM 1340 kHz in Athens, OH
* WXXI-AM 1370 kHz in Rochester, NY
* WSUI-AM 910 kHz in Iowa City, IA
* KOPT-AM 1600 kHz in Eugene, OR
Note - The State of Alaska has 8 NPR AM Radio Stations.

Remember the Primary Intent of IBOC and "HD" Radio
is it use and application in the FM Radio Band; and
Public Radio Stations are a major broadcaster on the
FM Radio Band.

-but- Even on a Non-Commercial Public Radio Station
you will still hear about there 'corporate underwriters'.
?.
?.
[...]

"HD Radio: Will More Awareness Translate To Sales?"

"Unfortunately, Ibiquity does not: Yes, they have gotten many radio
stations to make the $100,000 or so investment required to add HD
Radio broadcasting, but what the leave out of their PR spin is that
MANY of these stations were Public Radio/NPR stations that had their
equipment paid for by special funding from Congress. So tell me,
senior executives from, say, Sony, Mitsubishi, Best Buy, etc.: How do
you feel about Ibiquity''s lobbyists getting US taxpayers to pick up
the tab for many of their transmitter sales? Wouldn''t it be great if
your lobbyists could get Congress to mandate that US taxpayers be
required to buy your products, too? Do you even slightly care?
Ibiquity will take their money and run, and HD Radio will join a long
list of failed formats, like Dolby FM radio, Elcassete, mini disk (in
the US), etc."

http://tinyurl.com/37pe7t

"HD Radio: Fun with Math"

"I think it is fair to say that the audiophile community, those people
who take their FM seriously, is dead set AGAINST HDRadio. Not only do
most people never intend to buy a radio, unless as a plaything for
early adopters and collectors, but are aghast at the FCC for even
allowing IBOC to thrash up the FM bandwidth. Plus, people with enough
technical savvy to read the specs are insulted by the false claims of
'CD sound quality' or even 'near-CD sound quality'. These are
transparent marketing hype, beyond mean puffery. Sorry, but HDRadio
has sworn enemies. This goes beyond just business but has political
reprecussions for FCC and for Congress. This has the whiff of
political scandal - and I'm a rock-ribbed Republican! The Corporation
for Public Broadcasting is especially vulnerable. My advice for any
businessman is to avoid any association with HDRadio."

http://www.hear2.com/2006/06/hd_radio_fun_wi.html

Most of my HD conversions were done by NPR stations, who rippped off
Congress - I am really worried about Senator Dingell's investigation
of that crook Kevin Martin. Martin promised to keep his mouth shut,
after we paid him off.

Impressive and lucid post.

Don't expect RHF to make any sense.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 18th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Commercials on HD Radio....

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Radio Ron" wrote in message
. ..

"Telamon" wrote in
message

.ne
t..
.
In article ,

On 2008-05-17 18:00:30 -0400, RobertStruble
said:

Sorry, I know that IBOC is trashing the broadcast bands,
especially
on AM, but you guys are really learned, so I was hoping to
get
some
opinions about HD Radio. Sorry, that my greed gets in the way
of
common sense, and all of radio's listening audience, but
Vicki
is
very
high-maintenance. I hope that you all were not offended by my
comment
that "half the AMs could disappear, and no one would notice".

I don't know much about HD radio but if it has far less
commercials I
am ALL FOR IT.
I have XM sat. radio and LOVE IT.

I am ****ING SICK OF COMMERCIALS.

You are not going to like HD then.

Sigh...more idiocy from Tele

Most HD music channels have not commercials you idiot!

Nearly 100% of AM HD stations have commercials. And since the OP
seemed
be referring primarily to AM HD...

That's correct on all counts Brenda.

Sorry to expose your idiocy again Telahmun

MOST of the HD channels are on FM...therefore most of the HD channels
don't have commercials.

You have a small reading comprehension problem? OK we can work with
that.

Read the above thread again.

MOST of the HD channels are on FM...therefore most of the HD channels
don't
have commercials.

OK Ron, the thread is about AM.

No, the thread is about commercials.

I don't know how you can miss it.

Old May 18th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Was wondering what you all thought about HD Radio

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in
message

et.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in
message

y.n
et.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote
in
message

dig
y.n
et.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon"
wrote
in
message
.
pro
dig
y.n
et.
..
In article ,

On 2008-05-17 18:00:30 -0400, RobertStruble
said:

[...]

Most HD music channels have no commercials you idiot!

Same BS from you.

More idiocy from the village idiot...who deosn't know what
he's
talking
about.

Yeah I do but you don't.

You've posted more incorrect information here as fact than
anyone I
know.

You're the newsgroup idiot.

You haven't posted anything on topic yet moron.

The topic is telamon, the shortwave newsgroup idiot.

I think I've posted a lot on topic.

Hey you finally got my handle right congratulations.

And your designation too! The shortwave newsgroup idiot!

Nope, I'm saving that one news group moron.

Well you failed but at least you finally tried. Better than nothing.

No, I think everyone sees you for the nincompoop you are...

I don't think so but you have demonstrated a huge knowledge deficit on
IBOC and you still want to argue about it so your posts are pointless.

Well, not evberyone is a nutball DX-er in Ventura....so you can stop with
the one-note tune.

Old May 18th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article
,
RHF wrote:

[...]

From the NPR Radio Station List
[...]

Those are called underwriter announcements you dope.

Old May 18th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PONG : Telamon - "Non" and "Sequitur" are Your Middle and Last Names

On May 18, 1:08*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
*"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
t.
..
In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Radio Ron" wrote in message
m...

"Telamon" wrote in
message

.ne
t..
.
In article ,

On 2008-05-17 18:00:30 -0400, RobertStruble
said:

[...]

OK Ron, the thread is about AM. It is written several times above so I
don't know how you can miss it.

- Now if you want to talk about FM HD it is no different
- from analog FM.
- It has the same commercials and the same programming.
-
- These days even public radio has commercials

Telamon - liar, Liar. LIAR ! - Public Radio Is Commercial Free*
* Legally there are NO Commercials [.]
FWIW - The FCC 'polices' Non-Commercial Radio Stations
to ensure their Non-Comercial status.

- along with their beg-a-thons.

What You call Beg-a-thons -are- In-Fact Listener Support :
Local Community Support and Underwriting :
Which puts the "Public" in Public Broadcasting.

-
- And your sentence is a non sequitur.
- Maybe you can further explain that logic so I can understand it.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Teli -wrt- 'non sequitur'

Telamon - "Non" and "Sequitur" are Your Middle and Last Names
Old May 18th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PONG : Telamon - "Null" and "Void" are Your Middle and Last Names

On May 18, 1:20*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
[...]

From the NPR Radio Station List
http://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations.pdf
* WILL-AM 580 kHz from the UOI in Urbana, IL
* WNYC-AM 820 kHz New York Public Radio
* WNED-AM 970 kHz in Buffalo NY
* WGVU-AM 850 kHz in Muskegon, MI
* WOUB-AM 1340 kHz in Athens, OH
* WXXI-AM 1370 kHz in Rochester, NY
* WSUI-AM 910 kHz in Iowa City, IA
* KOPT-AM 1600 kHz in Eugene, OR
Note - The State of Alaska has 8 NPR AM Radio Stations.

Remember the Primary Intent of IBOC and "HD" Radio
is it use and application in the FM Radio Band; and
Public Radio Stations are a major broadcaster on the
FM Radio Band.

-but- Even on a Non-Commercial Public Radio Station
you will still hear about there 'corporate underwriters'.
*.
*.
[...]

- they beg for more money.

What You call 'beg-for-more-money' -is- In-Fact Legally Required
Listener Support : Local Community Support and Underwriting :
Which puts the "Public" in Public Broadcasting.

- By the way I have the commercial rights to this news group
- so your copyright notice is null and void.

Teli -wrt- 'null and void'

Old May 18th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On May 18, 1:08*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
*"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

et.
..
In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Radio Ron" wrote in message
m...

"Telamon" wrote in
message

igy
.ne
t..
.
In article ,

On 2008-05-17 18:00:30 -0400, RobertStruble
said:

[...]

If they are mentioning private corporations names as supplying money for
the programming how is that different than a paid commercial? It is just
legal semantics. Since you are the news group retard I would not expect
you to understand that.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 18th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

et.
..
In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Radio Ron" wrote in message
. ..

"Telamon" wrote in
message

igy
.ne
t..
.
In article ,

On 2008-05-17 18:00:30 -0400, RobertStruble
said:

[...]

At least you have a sense of humor.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 18th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

et.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in
message

y.n
et.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in
message

dig
y.n
et.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote
in
message
.
pro
dig
y.n
et.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon"
wrote
in
message

ws.
pro
dig
y.n
et.
..
In article ,

On 2008-05-17 18:00:30 -0400, RobertStruble
said:

[...]

Well see you also got that wrong. I'm not a DX'er.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California