Old June 3rd 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Any Portable AM/FM/TV/Weather Band Radios for Digital TV?

Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Thanks

TMT

Old June 3rd 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 2, 11:14*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Not that I know of. I have two small TVs like what you describe. I'm
reluctant to get rid of them. I guess they'll turn into pumpkins next
February.
Old June 3rd 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Beloved Leader wrote:
On Jun 2, 11:14 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Not that I know of. I have two small TVs like what you describe. I'm
reluctant to get rid of them. I guess they'll turn into pumpkins next
February.

Will still work for thousands of LPTVs.
Old June 3rd 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
Beloved Leader wrote:
On Jun 2, 11:14 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Not that I know of. I have two small TVs like what you describe. I'm
reluctant to get rid of them. I guess they'll turn into pumpkins next
February.

Will still work for thousands of LPTVs.

Hardly any of these radios have UHF coverage, and the vast majority of
LPTV's are on UHF. Or, if you're talking about the portable TV's (I have
several of these as well, but I don't think my signals will be going away
any time soon), then yes, they will still be able to pick up the LPTV
stations.. but only at close range. Won't be able to take them camping or to
the beach, etc. anymore and get any use out of them other than as a lighted
paperweight or to hold down a corner of the blanket while you're on a
picnic..

Old June 3rd 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 2, 8:22*pm, Beloved Leader wrote:
On Jun 2, 11:14*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

- Not that I know of.
- I have two small *TVs like what you describe.
- I'm reluctant to get rid of them.
- I guess they'll turn into pumpkins next February.

They will still work OK as Secuity Camera Monitors.

Old June 4th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 2, 9:14*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Thanks

TMT

Actually my original question was for a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO but I
also am looking for a SMALL digital TELEVISION also.

So thanks for all comments so far...they are appreciated.

So has anyone seen either a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO or a SMALL digital
TELEVISION?

Thanks

TMT
Old June 4th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 3, 4:23*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jun 2, 9:14*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Does anyone know of any portable AM/FM/TV/Weather band radios for
receiving digital television?

Thanks

TMT

Actually my original question was for a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO but I
also am looking for a SMALL digital TELEVISION also.

So thanks for all comments so far...they are appreciated.

So has anyone seen either a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO or a SMALL digital
TELEVISION?

Thanks

TMT

CCRadio Plus -by- C. Crane Company
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/am-fm-radios/ccradio-plus/
AM, FM, Weather and TV Audio for Channels 2-13
Description : FAQs : Specs : Manual : Troubleshoot
-note- the TV Audio for Channels 2-13 are Analog
NOT Digital.
Old June 4th 08, 10:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 3, 8:50*pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

Kaito KA2031 AM/FM TV NOAA Wearther Radio
with Alert & Sleep/Wake-up Timer
Analog Only VHF TV Channels 2~13
http://www.amfmreception.com/amfmhdt...ake_ up_Timer
Old June 4th 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

Actually my original question was for a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO but I
also am looking for a SMALL digital TELEVISION also.

So thanks for all comments so far...they are appreciated.

So has anyone seen either a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO or a SMALL digital
TELEVISION?

Here's the only one I can find offhand. Note: ATSC tuners eat batteries
like crazy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Color-LCD-Port...mZ380031063329

Old June 4th 08, 10:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 3, 9:58*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

Actually my original question was for a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO but I
also am looking for a SMALL digital TELEVISION also.

So thanks for all comments so far...they are appreciated.

So has anyone seen either a AM/FM/TV/Weather RADIO or a SMALL digital
TELEVISION?

Here's the only one I can find offhand. *Note: ATSC tuners eat batteries
like crazy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Color-LCD-Port...ree-29-D-chann...

GPX Under Counter 8.1 Inch HDTV with AM/FM Stereo
http://www.audiobuys.net/GPX/2509.htm
Features a HDTV Over-the-Air Tuner (NTSC/ATSC),
and 181-Channel Cable-Ready Tuner.