Old July 13th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AM Stereo...

Hey,

I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

TIA...
Old July 13th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"KyeBosh" wrote in message
Hey,

I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

Cheat:

This is a current ebay item he is selling. Go to the item, click on contact
seller, send him a message. He'll get it and will answer it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-GV-300-HiFi...mZ320273770894

Old July 13th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

KyeBosh wrote:
Hey,

I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

TIA...

Is anyone still transmitting C-QUAM?
Old July 13th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
KyeBosh wrote:
Hey,

I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

TIA...

Is anyone still transmitting C-QUAM?

Yes, there are a hundred or so. If you Google you can find an AM stereo site
which has a list of those believed to still be in C Quam

Old July 14th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
KyeBosh wrote:
Hey,

I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

TIA...

Is anyone still transmitting C-QUAM?

Yes, there are a hundred or so. If you Google you can find an AM stereo
site which has a list of those believed to still be in C Quam

The best thing about AM stereo was the Motorola decoder chip that makes an
excellent AM sync detector.

Dale W4OP

Old July 14th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
KyeBosh wrote:
Hey,

I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

TIA...
Is anyone still transmitting C-QUAM?

Yes, there are a hundred or so. If you Google you can find an AM stereo
site which has a list of those believed to still be in C Quam

The best thing about AM stereo was the Motorola decoder chip that makes an
excellent AM sync detector.

Dale W4OP

That's the Sony Multimode chip, isn't it?
Old July 14th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
KyeBosh wrote:
Hey,

I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

TIA...
Is anyone still transmitting C-QUAM?
Yes, there are a hundred or so. If you Google you can find an AM stereo
site which has a list of those believed to still be in C Quam

The best thing about AM stereo was the Motorola decoder chip that makes an
excellent AM sync detector.

Dale W4OP

That's the Sony Multimode chip, isn't it?

That's the same chip you ground up and snorted when everything went
crazy isn't it?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 14th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
KyeBosh wrote:
Hey,

I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

TIA...
Is anyone still transmitting C-QUAM?
Yes, there are a hundred or so. If you Google you can find an AM stereo
site which has a list of those believed to still be in C Quam

The best thing about AM stereo was the Motorola decoder chip that makes
an excellent AM sync detector.

Dale W4OP

That's the Sony Multimode chip, isn't it?

Motorola MC13022P

Dale W4OP

Old July 14th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 13, 10:09*am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

KyeBosh wrote:
Hey,

* * I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. *Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

TIA...

Is anyone still transmitting C-QUAM?

Yes, there are a hundred or so. If you Google you can find an AM stereo site
which has a list of those believed to still be in C Quam

IIRC - Many of the former AM-Stereo Radio Stations
have/are converting to AM HD-Radio Stations because
the IBOC AM Digital Broadcast Scheme is "Stereo".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM_stereo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-band_on-channel

Old July 14th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
KyeBosh wrote:
Hey,

I read on many sites that Chris Cuff made a number of AM Stereo
decoder boards which could be inserted into some existing radios. I've
tried his e-mail addresses but have not got a response. Does anyone
know how to get in conact with him?

TIA...
Is anyone still transmitting C-QUAM?
Yes, there are a hundred or so. If you Google you can find an AM stereo
site which has a list of those believed to still be in C Quam
The best thing about AM stereo was the Motorola decoder chip that makes an
excellent AM sync detector.

Dale W4OP

That's the Sony Multimode chip, isn't it?

That's the same chip you ground up and snorted when everything went
crazy isn't it?

Yes. You sussed me out. I grind up electronics and snort them.

am/fm/sw stereo for car? Al Patrick Shortwave 2 January 9th 07 12:49 AM
AM Stereo/FM Stereo Receiver ungvichian Homebrew 3 September 4th 06 04:11 PM
AM Stereo Radio Stations in the USA List and AM Stereo Radio Info RHF Shortwave 4 November 11th 05 06:33 PM
AM Stereo michael_s Shortwave 18 August 9th 05 10:35 PM
Stereo Seperation of Stereo AM Jianhong Wang Broadcasting 3 April 27th 04 03:29 PM