Old July 14th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What's Wrong with the Sun? (Nothing)

NASA solar physicist David Hathaway is not being honest at best as far
as I'm concerned. This solar minimum has already lasted longer than
usual and also longer than predicted.

It's more like "don't bother to stop the presses as we don't know yet."

The fact remains it is too early to know the significance of this solar
cycle. It might just be a slightly longer cycle by as much as two time
normal or it could be the next Maunder Minimum. At this point none can
know. Sun spots of the next cycle could start showing up next week.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/11jul_solarcycleupdate.htm

In the meantime the lower shortwave bands will continue to be very good
evenings and the higher daytime bands weak by comparison during the day.

Happy Zzzzzz listening.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 16th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 13, 11:33*pm, Telamon
wrote:
[...]

Remember, solar cycle are AVERAGE numbers. Let's all relax and wait
and see.