Old September 3rd 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Dr.DaviD - PhD, KNOCKED UP!

Since Governor Sarah Palin's daughter is not running for election this
year, it is amazing how much the media has suddenly become obsessed
with her. Her pregnancy not only made the front page of the New York
Times, a printed announcement of her pregnancy stayed at the bottom of
the television screen on CNN for what seemed to me to be about an hour
or more.

Investigative reporters have obviously been burning a lot of midnight
oil, digging deep into the history of Governor Palin's family, for
they also found a drunk driving incident involving her husband decades
ago-- before they were married.

"The public's right to know" is often invoked by the mainstream media,
when what they are really talking about is the media's right to smear
those that they disagree with politically.

[ That is exactly what the ObaMao Liberal Fascists tried to do on WGN
radio
http://wgnradio.com/index.php?option...0&It emid=240
]

It is doubtful whether the public is half as obsessed with Sarah
Palin's daughter as CNN obviously is. Even before this particular
story was hyped, CNN was among those in the media who had become
something of a laughingstock for how they had gone overboard in favor
of Barack Obama.

Increasingly, over the years, CNN has become less of a news reporting
organization and more of a propaganda machine for liberal-left
politics. Unfortunately, CNN is not alone.

It was not the newsworthiness of young Bristol Palin's pregnancy that
put it on the front page of the New York Times or interminably on the
bottom of the screen at CNN. It was an opportunity for them to try to
damage the political career of someone they disagreed with
politically.

But how much damage is this story likely to do? Only time will tell
but it seems doubtful whether a lot of votes will be changed by it.
The public does not always echo the media's obsessions.

Conservatives were apparently expected to be shocked but the media's
perceptions of conservatives often bear no resemblance to reality.
Rush Limbaugh, for example, remained supportive of Governor Palin--
and disgusted with the liberal scandal-mongers. [ Wait until the
Liberal Fascists control three branches of government. ]

There is even a positive aspect to this. How many of us could have the
history of our lives, and the lives of our whole families-- going back
for decades-- picked over with a fine-tooth comb by investigative
reporters, backed by the resources of a television network or a major
newspaper, and have them come up with nothing worse than this?

There are people who are near and dear to me who have made some very
bad mistakes in their lives. Would that disqualify me as a candidate
for political office?

It certainly would not if I were running as a liberal Democrat. The
media would say, "get over it" and "move on."

On the other hand, it could be the scandal of the century if I were
running as a conservative Republican and some third cousin, twice
removed, had gotten put behind bars or had died of a drug overdose.

At least one media attack has claimed to have some substance because
Governor Palin has been critical of so-called "sex education" in the
public schools. Her own daughter's pregnancy is supposed to
demonstrate the need for such programs.

That is the vision of the left but what are the facts?

For decades, "sex education" has been sold as a way to reduce teenage
pregnancy and venereal disease. But incessant repetition is not a
rational argument, whether for "sex education" or for generic
"change."

Before propaganda against traditional values regarding sex was
introduced into the public school under the label of "sex education"
in the 1960s, both teenage pregnancy and venereal disease had been
going down for years.

In 1960 the rate of infection for syphilis, for example, was only half
of what it had been in 1950.

But teenage pregnancy and venereal disease were pictured as the
problems for which "sex education" was the solution. In reality, the
long downward trend in both not only ended, but rose dramatically,
after new attitudes toward sex were promoted in the schools under the
guise of educating students.

"Sex education" is as phony as the scandal-mongering over a young
woman who is no candidate for anything.

http://townhall.com/Columnists/ThomasSowell/
Old September 3rd 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Each party will do all they can to discredit oneanother. Also the news media
will try todig up as much dirt as possible in order to gain an increase in
readership. The all "AMERICAN" way in action!

Old September 3rd 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Wasen't B HO (Barack Hussein Obama) born out of wedlock? How many fed
govt politicians were born out of wedlock?
cuhulin