Old September 4th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CFRX - 6070

CFRX, 6070, relaying CFRB, heard here at 2050 check. I can't hardly believe they
are back on!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 5th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

I can't hardly believe they are back on!

That is a double negative. The sentence means you can easily believe
they are back on. It's like using the phrase 'I could care less' when
you actually mean 'I couldn't care less'. Similar sounding sentences
with opposite meanings.

The correct phrase, which you intended, is:

'I can hardly believe they are back on!'

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

Densa International©
For the OTHER two percent.

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
Google Groups or HOTMAIL address.
I also filter everything from a .cn server.

For solutions which may work for you, please check:
http://improve-usenet.org/

Old September 5th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

my dumbass mommie tried to correct me II, but look what happened! wrote:

dxAce wrote:

I can't hardly believe they are back on!

That is a double negative. The sentence means you can easily believe
they are back on. It's like using the phrase 'I could care less' when
you actually mean 'I couldn't care less'. Similar sounding sentences
with opposite meanings.

The correct phrase, which you intended, is:

'I can hardly believe they are back on!'

How the f00k would you know what I intended or not you worthless piece of
Canadian excrement?

Old September 5th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

I can't hardly believe they are back on!

That is a double negative. The sentence means you can easily believe
they are back on. It's like using the phrase 'I could care less' when
you actually mean 'I couldn't care less'. Similar sounding sentences
with opposite meanings.

The correct phrase, which you intended, is:

'I can hardly believe they are back on!'

How the f00k would you know what I intended or not you worthless piece of
Canadian excrement?

"The greatness of a man is measured by the venom
of his enemies". (Sir Winston Churchill). VOJEP.

Old September 5th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

I can't hardly believe they are back on!

That is a double negative. The sentence means you can easily believe
they are back on. It's like using the phrase 'I could care less' when
you actually mean 'I couldn't care less'. Similar sounding sentences
with opposite meanings.

The correct phrase, which you intended, is:

'I can hardly believe they are back on!'

How the f00k would you know what I intended or not you worthless piece of
Canadian excrement?

"The greatness of a man is measured by the venom
of his enemies". (Sir Winston Churchill). VOJEP.

Any quotes where he happens to mention dumbass Canucks?

Old September 5th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Senior Member

On Sep 5, 2:20*pm, dxAce wrote:
k35454 wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Any quotes where he happens to mention dumbass Canucks?

Okay, after a quick google search, I came across this:

"Canada is the linchpin of the English-speaking world. Canada, with
those relations of friendly, affectionate intimacy with the United
States on the one hand and with her unswerving fidelity to the British
Commonwealth and the Motherland on the other, is the link which joins
together these great branches of the human family, a link which,
spanning the oceans, brings the continents into their true relation
and will prevent in future generations any growth of division between
the proud and the happy nations of Europe and the great countries
which have come into existence in the New World."

--Winston Churchill, Sept. 1941

Old September 5th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
junius wrote:

On Sep 5, 2:20*pm, dxAce wrote:
k35454 wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Any quotes where he happens to mention dumbass Canucks?

Okay, after a quick google search, I came across this:

"Canada is the linchpin of the English-speaking world. Canada, with
those relations of friendly, affectionate intimacy with the United
States on the one hand and with her unswerving fidelity to the British
Commonwealth and the Motherland on the other, is the link which joins
together these great branches of the human family, a link which,
spanning the oceans, brings the continents into their true relation
and will prevent in future generations any growth of division between
the proud and the happy nations of Europe and the great countries
which have come into existence in the New World."

--Winston Churchill, Sept. 1941

I would not describe MII as affectionate.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 5th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 4, 1:58*pm, dxAce wrote:
CFRX, 6070, relaying CFRB, heard here at 2050 check. I can't hardly believe they
are back on!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

All I could hear on 6070 kHz @ 11:10~11:30 UTC
on 5 SEPT 2008 was Spanish News {Noticia}
followed by Latin Music.

La Voz Cristiana "CVC" -aka- Christian Voice
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...bedb477c04e8a2
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...5397521f2dd4e4

La Voz Cristiana "CVC" - Transmisiones Frecuencia
CVC LA VOZ CRISTIANA = http://www.cvclavoz.cl/frecuencia.htm
CVC - http://www.bclnews.it/b07schedules/christian.htm

Christian Vision - Touching a Billion One-by-One . . .
CHRISTIAN VISION = http://www.christianvision.com/
Christian Vision has facilities in England, the United States,
Brazil, Chile, Zambia, Mozambique, Angola, East Timor,
India and Australia.

Luke 11:9 - turn the radio on and just listen - amen ~ RHF
Old September 6th 08, 08:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

I would not describe MII as affectionate.

You make it sound as though my dislike of a drunken, illiterate Internet
tough guy is somehow a problem. It isn't.

mike

--

CFRX - 6070 dxAce Shortwave 1 July 24th 08 08:36 PM
CFRX - 6070 dxAce Shortwave 2 January 4th 08 08:53 PM
Status of CFRX 6070 dxAce Shortwave 1 November 11th 06 05:15 PM
CFRX 6070 dxAce Shortwave 3 October 11th 06 07:18 PM
CFRX-6070 dxAce Shortwave 0 August 19th 05 01:12 PM